Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Davonte Brown

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nyjalik Kelly

Votes: 27 17.0%

• Total voters

Maskoff407

Recruit
Reading all these PPF, ESPN, 247, and whatever else college football source rank and rave about this year’s college football players had me thinking about who can make a name for themselves by the end of season. Right now we have Kam, JW, and LT with national recognition, but I think these next 5 can make a name as well.

5. Nyjalik Kelly:
Projected hopeful stats: 50 tkls 9 tfls 4 FFum 9 sacks
Why recognize: A very under the radar kid who just works. He can’t even tell you what makes him good because he just go out and do what’s necessary. His speed and ability to get low and bend is what sticks out. If he adds power rush move it’s a wrap.

4. Davonte Brown:
Projected hopeful stats: 38 tkls 4 Ints 12PBU
Why Recognize: Tall lengthy CB with instincts of a safety. He doesn’t have the top notch speed but somehow manages to run with everyone stride for stride. Football speed. Against Memphis last year, he ran with their fastest WR all over and came away with 0tds scored on him and an Int. Miami hasn’t had a solid CB in sometime, including Stevenson, but I think Brown have the tools to be a true cover CB.

3. Jalen Rivers:
Projected hopeful stats: 0 sacks allowed
Why Recognize: A true NFL talent OL. Miami need not move him to the outside and let him stick to the guard position. That’s where he makes his money. The guy is big and moves so quick. He and Chantz Williams were doing some drills and they looked the same. Don’t know if that’s a knock on Chantz or kudos to Rivers. But at 6’5 330ish, the guy can make noise for himself on the college football scene.

2. Colbie Young:
Projected hopeful stats: 70+rec 1000+yds 10+tds
Why recognize him: Point blank this guy is a steal. He’s what Miami wanted in Darrell Langham and Lawrence Cager. Seen him in person recently and he looks **** like Megatron. He’s clocked a 20mph at that size too. Wouldn’t be surprised if he was in the 225-230 range. His route tree is on par with the college football elites. One thing I did see was that he was a bit slower out his breaks than others but at that size it’s whatever. And he uses his size like you should at that size. He should be a mismatch for anyone in college football.

1. Tyler Van Dyke
Projected Hopeful stats: 3800+yds 30+tds QBR: 90+
Why recognize him: Let’s face it! TVD is a NFL QB playing college football right now. He’s just been stifled by an injury and subpar OC. He should and will get back to 2021. Right now, they (College pundits) don’t even have TVD in the top 30 college QBs which is all the more reason why people will recognize on the bigger stage. If he can somehow manage to turn into the a mobile QB, smh…it would really take off. Against UVA in 2021 he showed his running ability and I believe if he can do that on a more consistent basis (not that it’s needed if he can find his target all the time) it would really bring him back into the round 1 QB conversation.

Other names I’m hopeful for:
- Wesley Bassainthe
- Don Chaney/Trevonte Citizen
- Reuben Bain

Last edited:
Advertisement
If TVD stays healthy, Young theoretically has a great season. If TVD goes down or for some reason lost his QB brain forever under Gattis, are we up a creek?

Advertisement
I voted for Young, but I’ll throw in two that haven’t been mentioned…

Francisco Mauigoa not only brings stability and consistency to a position that Miami has been devoid of for a few years now, but plays to an All-Conference level.

Akeem Mesidor takes that next step as an edge rusher and brings home a meaningful double-digit sack total and multiple forced fumbles. He had seven sacks last year with 1 FF, but half of those sacks were against a putrid VT squad. The ability is there (two against Clemson), but the consistency was lacking. I think Guidry can use him along the line in a variety of ways.

Advertisement
I voted for Young, but I’ll throw in two that haven’t been mentioned…

Francisco Mauigoa not only brings stability and consistency to a position that Miami has been devoid of for a few years now, but plays to an All-Conference level.

Akeem Mesidor takes that next step as an edge rusher and brings home a meaningful double-digit sack total and multiple forced fumbles. He had seven sacks last year with 1 FF, but half of those sacks were against a putrid VT squad. The ability is there (two against Clemson), but the consistency was lacking. I think Guidry can use him along the line in a variety of ways.
Oooooo I like Akeem Mesidor

Reading all these PPF, ESPN, 247, and whatever else college football source rank and rave about this year’s college football players had me thinking about who can make a name for themselves by the end of season. Right now we have Kam, JW, and LT with national recognition, but I think these next 5 can make a name as well.

5. Nyjalik Kelly:
Why recognize: A very under the radar kid who just works. He can’t even tell you what makes him good because he just go out and do what’s necessary. His speed and ability to get low and bend is what sticks out. If he adds power rush move it’s a wrap.

4. Davonte Brown:
Why Recognize: Tall lengthy CB with instincts of a safety. He doesn’t have the top notch speed but somehow manages to run with everyone stride for stride. Football speed. Against Memphis last year, he ran with their fastest WR all over and came away with 0tds scored on him and an Int. Miami hasn’t had a solid CB in sometime, including Stevenson, but I think Brown have the tools to be a true cover CB.

3. Jalen Rivers:
Why Recognize: A true NFL talent OL. Miami need not move him to the outside and let him stick to the guard position. That’s where he makes his money. The guy is big and moves so quick. He and Chantz Williams were doing some drills and they looked the same. Don’t know if that’s a knock on Chantz or kudos to Rivers. But at 6’5 330ish, the guy can make noise for himself on the college football scene.

2. Colbie Young:
Why recognize him: Point blank this guy is a steal. He’s what Miami wanted in Darrell Langham and Lawrence Cager. Seen him in person recently and he looks **** like Megatron. He’s clocked a 20mph at that size too. Wouldn’t be surprised if he was in the 225-230 range. His route tree is on par with the college football elites. One thing I did see was that he was a bit slower out his breaks than others but at that size it’s whatever. And he uses his size like you should at that size. He should be a mismatch for anyone in college football.

1. Tyler Van Dyke
Why recognize him: Let’s face it! TVD is a NFL QB playing college football right now. He’s just been stifled by an injury and subpar OC. He should and will get back to 2021. Right now, they (College pundits) don’t even have TVD in the top 30 college QBs which is all the more reason why people will recognize on the bigger stage. If he can somehow manage to turn into the a mobile QB, smh…it would really take off. Against UVA in 2021 he showed his running ability and I believe if he can do that on a more consistent basis (not that it’s needed if he can find his target all the time) it would really bring him back into the round 1 QB conversation.

- Wesley Bassainthe
- Reuben Bain
I think our kicker will be all acc

Advertisement

5. Nyjalik Kelly:

4. Davonte Brown:

3. Jalen Rivers:

2. Colbie Young:

1. Tyler Van Dyke

- Wesley Bassainthe
- Reuben Bain
Bain will be ACC Defensive Rookie of the Yr

Advertisement

5. Nyjalik Kelly:

4. Davonte Brown:

3. Jalen Rivers:

2. Colbie Young:

1. Tyler Van Dyke

- Wesley Bassainthe
- Reuben Bain
Chaney is about to explode and so is Kelly, Young, Bain and Tyler.

And how did you leave off Kam. :02.47-tranquillity:

I think the country knows who TVD is so I will omit him from my choices. I chose colbie. If he can get 800-900 yards. 5 touchdowns and show good hands and speed he could be drafted 4-6th round when he declares. Receivers are the **** positions. No one is gonna know or want to know our left guard even tho rivers may be the best prospect on the team

If TVD stays healthy, Young theoretically has a great season. If TVD goes down or for some reason lost his QB brain forever under Gattis, are we up a creek?
Losing TVD could be catastrophic but the system is simple enough to where Brown or Williams wouldn't be totally lost. It would be nowhere near as bad as it was last year when the offense became Jake Garcia YOLO balls and designed runs for Jacurri Brown and nothing else. Remember Tyler was able to pick up Lashlee's offense fairly quickly as a redshirt freshman when King got hurt. You don't need a 5th year senior who has studied the playbook for four years to run the current system.

Advertisement
Back