Votes: 51 32.1%
  • Jalen Rivers

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Davonte Brown

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nyjalik Kelly

Votes: 27 17.0%

• Total voters
Agree with other posters, Ruben Bain should be one of our best defensive freshman. He was a man among boys in high school, and while the competition will get better in college, he’ll rise of the occasion and by mid season, be a dominant force. As recognition grows, he will need some supporting help from his teammates, but I think Mesidor and Kelly will provide that. And if Leonard Taylor progresses as we all hope the defensive line could be scary.

Depending on the DL rotation, I could see Bain easily be a 10+ QB sack guy in a pass rushing role.

Advertisement
If we lose TVD I think the offense will look like Gattis is back.
Agree 100%. Our Canes fortunes this year sink or swim with TVD. if he’s as good as we all think he can be, then a 10-2 season is within reach. But if he’s bad, or if he’s hurt and out for the season, then a 6-6 season is possible. We’re riding TVD’s coattail, good or bad.

Yes its clear as day to anyone who watches the two, the talent level is completely different. Those numbers look good but it’s literally two games, 70 and 1k is a complete pipe dream, he is not that level of talent and thats ok. If we are counting on him being a #1 we are in deep **** and expecting way too much from him and the wr room in general View attachment 244309
I think you selling the kid short. EVerything in context.. He came in late to camp and didnt go thru summer training.. These players dont know how to train by their self for high level cfb.. He didnt get any real PT til we were losing bad late in UNC game and he caught some passes and TD last drive that made everyone ask why he wasnt gettiing more PT.. Next couple games, him and TVD built a nice rapport and he started to produce decent numbers.. In that thrid game TVD gets hurt and then offense as whole goes to ****..

So in those 3 games he had 18 catches, 271, 3 tds. Numbers definitely suffered but for a guy who came out of nowhere and fighting for PT that is decent to build off of. Now word is he had great offseason and we have a more passer friendly offense where he will get opportunity with a qb who is in a money year to prove himself.. Im the least bullish on Mario but if anything I think its reasonable to expect strong numbers in this new offense as long as Mario stays out of its true identity..

I think you selling the kid short. EVerything in context.. He came in late to camp and didnt go thru summer training.. These players dont know how to train by their self for high level cfb.. He didnt get any real PT til we were losing bad late in UNC game and he caught some passes and TD last drive that made everyone ask why he wasnt gettiing more PT.. Next couple games, him and TVD built a nice rapport and he started to produce decent numbers.. In that thrid game TVD gets hurt and then offense as whole goes to ****..

So in those 3 games he had 18 catches, 271, 3 tds. Numbers definitely suffered but for a guy who came out of nowhere and fighting for PT that is decent to build off of. Now word is he had great offseason and we have a more passer friendly offense where he will get opportunity with a qb who is in a money year to prove himself.. Im the least bullish on Mario but if anything I think its reasonable to expect strong numbers in this new offense as long as Mario stays out of its true identity..
I think he can be a solid wr, but national recognition? All acc? Plus someone saying 70 catches with 1k yards? Thats insane for someone who hasn’t really done anything

Check out Rambo's numbers from 2020. His third season playing in Lincoln Riley's offense with a star quarterback and tell me he was much more impressive than what Young did playing in a trash offense with no quarterbacks.
He had a reduced role hence why he transferred, 2019 where he had a real role he had 43 for 743. Also again, watch both and u clearly see the talent gap. Colbie being a top wr1 is just people hoping and praying for the best with orange and green shades on.

Advertisement
He had a reduced role hence why he transferred, 2019 where he had a real role he had 43 for 743. Also again, watch both and u clearly see the talent gap. Colbie being a top wr1 is just people hoping and praying for the best with orange and green shades on.
You’re completely forgetting (or purposefully leaving out) the fact that Young wasn’t given adequate playing time til the VT game, and played what…2 games with TVD? VT and Duke?The rest with two QBs that can’t throw.

TVD has to prove his inaccuracy problem has been fixed.

Jalen RG and Cohen LG? With Lee in the middle could this be Miami's best line in 15-20 years??

Are QB2 and QB3 really that big a drop if QB1 struggles/goes down?

I get a sinking feeling Bama didn't lose as much as people think with Miami "winning him over" to stay. Feels a touch like when Miami "won over" Golden to stay vs moving to PSU.

We all want TVD to have a fantastic year, but after re-watching last season...

You’re completely forgetting (or purposefully leaving out) the fact that Young wasn’t given adequate playing time til the VT game, and played what…2 games with TVD? VT and Duke?The rest with two QBs that can’t throw.
Fair. I still don’t see all acc, 70 catches 1k yard or rambo level of talent in him. If we are depending on him to be wr1 then we are setting ourselves up for disappointment. He’s a good wr that can win on deep balls, great frame for contested catches but i dont see a good enough seperator/route runner to be relied on as a #1

Advertisement
I think he can be a solid wr, but national recognition? All acc? Plus someone saying 70 catches with 1k yards? Thats insane for someone who hasn’t really done anything
You’re acting like it takes a special talent to get those kind of numbers in an air raid system. Rambo broke our single season receptions and yards records and then proceeded to go undrafted. 50 players in FBS had over 900 yards receiving last year. Whoever is WR 1 on this year’s team is going to put up numbers. I would be legitimately surprised if our top guy finished with less than 60 catches and 800 yards.

You’re acting like it takes a special talent to get those kind of numbers in an air raid system. Rambo broke our single season receptions and yards records and then proceeded to go undrafted. 50 players in FBS had over 900 yards receiving last year. Whoever is WR 1 on this year’s team is going to put up numbers. I would be legitimately surprised if our top guy finished with less than 60 catches and 800 yards.
You say this and you aren’t wrong but what tf have we seen to think he can do that?? Are we seriously projecting that off of 2 games? Also didn’t say u have to be special to do it lol. But just because its an air raid system that doesn’t mean guys become something they aren’t man.

But either way we aren’t gonna agree here, i hope every single thing u said becomes true but i just honestly dont see it and have tempered my expectations for the offense in general after we failed to land a proven difference maker in the portal. I think we will be alot better than gattis ****, not saying much but should be enough to win at least 8 with our schedule

I think you are stuck in pro style bro purgatory, college football has changed a looooong time ago, you have some teams putting up multiple 1k wr and rb, the offensive revolution that has happened the last decade plus has been incredible, miami just has refused to participate. Our whole record book shows that, we can have lincoln riley rejects come to miami and rewrite the record books in one year.. I hope our entire record book is put on alert, its sad what has happened.. lol..

I think you are stuck in pro style bro purgatory, college football has changed a looooong time ago, you have some teams putting up multiple 1k wr and rb, the offensive revolution that has happened the last decade plus has been incredible, miami just has refused to participate. Our whole record book shows that, we can have lincoln riley rejects come to miami and rewrite the record books in one year.. I hope our entire record book is put on alert, its sad what has happened.. lol..
Im not stuck anywhere i know whats going on in football i follow it more than anything, i just dont see it with colbie don’t assume anything but what im saying bro lol.

Advertisement
If Dawson is the real deal then it's Tyler all day long... Not to say other players can't attain National recognition themselves but with Tyler being QB all eyes are on him ....

Y’all are disrespecting the **** out of Rambo’s college career grouping him with colbie young.. I think he’s got a chance to have a good season but chill out

You say this and you aren’t wrong but what tf have we seen to think he can do that?? Are we seriously projecting that off of 2 games? Also didn’t say u have to be special to do it lol. But just because its an air raid system that doesn’t mean guys become something they aren’t man.

But either way we aren’t gonna agree here, i hope every single thing u said becomes true but i just honestly dont see it and have tempered my expectations for the offense in general after we failed to land a proven difference maker in the portal. I think we will be alot better than gattis ****, not saying much but should be enough to win at least 8 with our schedule
I hope you are correct but I don't see how our OL will get us to 8. Hope I'm wrong.

Advertisement
I hope you are correct but I don't see how our OL will get us to 8. Hope I'm wrong.
Oline should be very very improved, outside of injury im not really worried there at all. Especially if zion is ready thats a top oline in the acc imo

I voted for Young, but I’ll throw in two that haven’t been mentioned…

Francisco Mauigoa not only brings stability and consistency to a position that Miami has been devoid of for a few years now, but plays to an All-Conference level.

Akeem Mesidor takes that next step as an edge rusher and brings home a meaningful double-digit sack total and multiple forced fumbles. He had seven sacks last year with 1 FF, but half of those sacks were against a putrid VT squad. The ability is there (two against Clemson), but the consistency was lacking. I think Guidry can use him along the line in a variety of ways.
Didn’t Mesidor miss a few games down the stretch? He would have easily had 10 plus sacks last year. Also, we rotated the d-line and LBs too much under the last DC. Hard feelings guys to have national level stats if they are getting 30 less snaps per game than other starting players around the country.

Didn’t Mesidor miss a few games down the stretch? He would have easily had 10 plus sacks last year. Also, we rotated the d-line and LBs too much under the last DC. Hard feelings guys to have national level stats if they are getting 30 less snaps per game than other starting players around the country.
Was he another guy who mysteriously got injured in practice during game week and missed games? I lost count how many guys that happened to last year.. Those tough practices seemed to help the other team more than make us tougher, word to @LuCane .. :durantunimpressed:

Advertisement
Back