5 guys that could blow up and 5 that could disappoint

kperez4446

Sophomore
1st the 5 that worry me

1) Olsen we all know why
2) Bush I pray this guy doesn't pull an Anthony Reddick and never gets back to freshman form
3) Calvin Hertolou haven't seen anything to be excited about
4) Kirby I think this guy loses his job 1/2 way through Season
5) Goudis would not want this guy attempting a game winner

5 I'm pumped about

1) Malcolm Lewis looked great in Spring
2) Grace kid is a stud will start this year
3) Carter looks like the guy we've missed for a long time
4) #44 his name slips me the kid from Heritage think he can be a weapon at Fullback
5) Flowers looks like he could be the guy to snap the 1st round streak.

Advertisement
Wrong board but my 5 would be:

Guys Who Could Blow Up:

1) Olsen - Anything can happen
2) Grace - Fast, can cover and it seems like D'Onofrio is beginning to trust him
3) Dobard - Man he looks good, wouldn't be shocked if he's our #1 TE
4) Gadbois - Really looks to be putting it together
5) Carter - You can see his instincts have improved, freak physically

Guys who could disappoint:

2) Duke - Not an easy injury to come back from for a RB and I don't love all that added weight
3) The McDermotts - Shane was unimpressive last year and KC hasn't looked as good as I thought
4) Kirby - Just haven't seen "it"
5) Sandland - Will he ever live up to the hype?

Last edited:
Did Kirby get moved to outside this offseason?? Honestly cant remember, but if so I think that'll get him back on track

Advertisement
Actually feel good about Kirby. I think he'll be solid and make fewer mental mistakes than we've seen in the recent past. Carter seems like he's trying to knock people out every hit. I'm more concerned that he consistently makes the tackle.

1st the 5 that worry me

1) Olsen we all know why
2) Bush I pray this guy doesn't pull an Anthony Reddick and never gets back to freshman form
3) Calvin Hertolou haven't seen anything to be excited about

4) Kirby I think this guy loses his job 1/2 way through Season
5) Goudis would not want this guy attempting a game winner

5 I'm pumped about

1) Malcolm Lewis looked great in Spring
2) Grace kid is a stud will start this year
3) Carter looks like the guy we've missed for a long time
4) #44 his name slips me the kid from Heritage think he can be a weapon at Fullback
5) Flowers looks like he could be the guy to snap the 1st round streak.

Bush has looked great this spring. But it's spring so take it wath a grain of salt.
Heurtolu has looked average. But it's spring so take it with a grain of salt.

Wrong board but my 5 would be:

Guys Who Could Blow Up:

2) Grace - Fast, can cover and it seems like D'Onofrio is beginning to trust him
3) Dobard - Man he looks good, wouldn't be shocked if he's out #1 TE
4) Gadbois - Really looks to be putting it together
5) Carter - You can see his instincts have improved, freak physically

Guys who could disappoint:

2) Duke - Not an easy injury to come back from for a RB and I don't love all that added weight
3) The McDermotts - Shane was unimpressive last year and KC hasn't looked as good as I thought
4) Kirby - Just haven't seen "it"
5) Sandland - Will he ever live up to the hype?

I agree with you for the most part. The bolded areas is where I disagree. First of all, Duke broke his ankle. He hasn't been able to work out properly and maintain his weight. Once he gets back to full speed and full workouts he will drop a few pounds I'm sure. Not much, but a few. Then again, he didn't gain a lot, so he will be fine weight wise I'm sure.

2nd, KC is a true frosh. He'll pick it up and contribute through out the year like Flowers did his Freshman year. JMO.

Advertisement
Offensively, guys blowing up or disappointing will depend on the success of whatever QB wins the job. Also the middle of the field has to be used. SteMo caught the brunt of all **** that was unleashed, because the middle wasn't used. He is no longer here for that excuse.

Same can be said about the defense. In the aspect, that the DL holds the success for all other positions. If they continue to do line dancing with opposing OL. The other units will be exposed again, and again.

The Shannon guys are all gone. Al and Co, have all their boys. They need to step up for all our sake.

I dont see how you can be disappointed about KC when he is only a true freshman and has barely played in college, kirby is stud he should have played more last year, other than that i agree with most of the posts

Actually feel good about Kirby. I think he'll be solid and make fewer mental mistakes than we've seen in the recent past. Carter seems like he's trying to knock people out every hit. I'm more concerned that he consistently makes the tackle.

I'll take a couple knock outs even if he misses a few. I am done with this tag football we have been playing. The other team has to fear going over the middle or any defense sucks. Fear takes the middle of the field away and pain makes cowards of all. That leaves two narrow strips for the offense.

Advertisement
I dont see how you can be disappointed about KC when he is only a true freshman and has barely played in college, kirby is stud he should have played more last year, other than that i agree with most of the posts

Kirby CAN be a stud, but he hasn't shown it yet. Last year when he did play, he showed great athleticism and potential, but was often out of position, taking bad angles, or running himself out of a play. Supposedly he's addressed most of that this spring, but it remains to be seen.

Kirby CAN be a stud, but he hasn't shown it yet. Last year when he did play, he showed great athleticism and potential, but was often out of position, taking bad angles, or running himself out of a play. Supposedly he's addressed most of that this spring, but it remains to be seen.

he barely played in any of the games, and when he did he shot the gaps good unlike gaines, i do agree with angles but he didnt get a chance to fix them since he was only used as gaines fill in when he was tired

Advertisement
5 to blow up..

1) J Carter - The writing is on the wall for this kid to permanantly take someones spot back there. If he keeps focused during this summer and does what hes supposed to do. He will be what we have been missing at that S spot.

2) R Kirby - I for one, think this kid will blow up this year. Been in the system for 2.5 years now, has his body where it needs to be, and has a potential All American at his back AND the coaches are trying to instill every bit of confidence in him possible. What more can he ask for?

3) Malcolm Lewis - Somebody in that WR corp is going to get their feelings hurt. This kid is coming for someones spot on the bus.

4) Gadbois - this guy is the reason why you guys on here are not high on KC all of a sudden. You slept on TG and now KC is a bum? Lol. Man this is what we want! If KC had been our starting LT/RT going into Louisville we should have ALL been very afraid. Orlando Paces only come around once every 15-20 years.

5) K Olsen - I predict that he will be the reason we lose the Louisville game BUT he will learn from the loss and use that as fuel and go ape$hit the rest of the season. I predict we go into the FSU showdown with that being our only loss. And people will look back on that game as his turning point to him being our star QB.

5 that could disappoint..

1) D Bush - Either he will rise to the occasion because he knows that Carter can and will take all his shine or he will fall from grace. No middle ground with Bush at this point.

2) O Pierre - I just think those last 3-4 games he played as a sophomore, when we all thought that the "light had went on" were fools gold. Its scary to say, but i dont think Pierre will shine for us. God knows I hope im wrong, Our season depends on it.

3) Kaaya - Dont get me wrong, I think he will be the goods at some point, but I predict that early Fall camp reports are going to basically be that "Hes not ready yet physically", "The speed of the game is throwing him off", "He hasnt really picked up the playbook as fast as we would have liked", yada yada. Not expecting him to come in here in one month and steal anything from Olson.

4) Figeroa - While I think he will be good for us, I dont think he will ever live up to the enormous hype. Havent heard anyone say yet that the "Light has gone on" for him. That he is a reckless animal out there especially with that body he has. And remember, this is is 3rd year out of HS. So technically he is a Jr. That concerns me a little.

5) Dorsett - He is the biggest "X Factor" player on our team. Nobody in the country can stay with him when he is running fly routes. But I just see Lewis and Scott taking his shine this year. Unless he learns that the world isnt centered around him just going deep every play. He has to learn to be a better route runner for us. We need his speed on the field against teams like FSU, Vtech and UL.

I am not going to throw any players under the bus by name but the interior dline after the 2 deep rotation needs a lot of work. The goal line series where they were just blown off the ball is troubling and UM hopefully can land an additional late JUCO that will solidify the depth peformance issues.

[video=youtube_share;ot6Lvp0wxQo]http://youtu.be/ot6Lvp0wxQo[/video]

I should clarify. I think KC is going to be an absolute monster down the road.

But this year, I don't expect much.

:47 seconds. Our defense once again not lined up before the snap and guys wandering around trying to figure it out.

Top that off with our genius OC outsmarting our even more genius DC with a really tricky 3 wide set. Ends up with Carter split out wide on a WR right after he stuffed the run on the play before from the box.

The more things change. The more they stay the same. 4 years later. Same exact problems on D.

Advertisement
Back