2024 5* DL Justin Scott visiting this weekend [commits to OSU then flips to Miami!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Advertisement
1686846328077.gif

“2 conference championships in 3 years” takes less than 10 seconds as well

“Rose bowl win”

“From no wins to bowl eligible”

I do understand the stigma, but to say he has done nothing coaching wise simply isn’t true
No one said he’s “done nothing” dude. Don’t make stuff up to fit a narrative

Only here can you call Mario an elite recruiter and people still somehow complain

Last edited:
You’re right. I just think people used it to fit their agendas.
I think we kinda view the extremes when most of us are in the middle. Also why it was really important and promising to see the adjustments Mario has made this off-season

To me he’s just finding his groove as a head coach and nothing wrong with that. He did well at Oregon and earned the opportunity here and I look forward to seeing what he can do with this investment we’ve made. If he starts competing with the SEC elite on a yearly basis there will be no more questions about whether he can recruit a WR or a DT that’s for sure.

Advertisement
He can be both. He can be an elite recruiter but he can also struggle with skill position recruiting, especially OOS. Let's face it, Mario is facing an uphill struggle at the WR position, especially top notch OOS ones. ****, you can even argue 5 star in state kids. Last year's disaster of a year on offense combined with Mario's rep as a coach who's not known for offenses makes his job harder to recruit top notch WRs. You can make the same argument for quarterback.
That's because the kids are waiting to see the offense this year. If we strike gold with Dawson then you will see the skill guys start lining up.

its not trolling bc he has a different opinion
mario missed out on multiple high end local WC last year
failed to sign any DT of note

i dont agree with wario and I think mario is an elite recruiter
but wario is entitled to his opinion and thats not trolling

its odd bc if someone is a constant super homer regardless of obvious facts, they arent called a troll
but if someone has a negative opinion thats trolling
No it's trolling when he says Mario isn't an Elite recruiter when all he does is pull in top rated classes.

“2 conference championships in 3 years” takes less than 10 seconds as well

“Rose bowl win”

“From no wins to bowl eligible”

I do understand the stigma, but to say he has done nothing coaching wise simply isn’t true
Relevant depends and who you are and what you want.

J smith and the other divas probably say:
Relevant 67-67 fired from fiu

Mauigoa family and others:

More relevant!
2 conference championships in 3 years and kicking osu’s *** at home.

Taking fiu to a bowl game and turning around a 4-8 squad that was demoralized after they just had several players sue the school.
Being named assistant head coach in Alabama by Nick Saban.

Coached multiple players that ended up and are still in the nfl.

Respected and talked about by former teammates and players not named Jag Pittman.

Relevant is having the Oregon squad go to the athletic director and telling them to stop searching for a coach because he’s already in the building.

It sucks that we’ve lost players to a dude who has intimate relationships with sharks.
A dude whose ex wife is called Candi.
The list goes on.
Relevant is having other coaches scratch and crawl and fight for recruits against a team that hasn’t even won their conference and was embarrassed by mtsu.
Relevant is having coaches make players take down anything positive about Miami

If you want to see the future I will show you a relevant past.

Advertisement
No one said he’s “done nothing” dude. Don’t make stuff up to fit a narrative

Only here can you call Mario an elite recruiter and people still somehow complain

Sorry… dude… , “never seen much actual success as a head coach.”

My argument was that he has seen success as a head coach.

No one is complaining, it’s a discussion with an opposing viewpoint.

Reactions: jsy
No it's trolling when he says Mario isn't an Elite recruiter when all he does is pull in top rated classes.
Yea I agree he’s an elite recruiter and he has the receipts to back it up
But that’s still just my opinion and my view on him
If another fan disagrees, I just don’t think he’s trolling
At worst I just think their either misinformed or have u realistic expectations
I guess I like seeing opposing views on every topic
That’s the point of a message board to discuss opposing views

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back