2024 5* DL Justin Scott visiting this weekend [commits to OSU then flips to Miami!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just my opinion…but….

JT has the potential to be labeled an elite recruiter. He shows much promise and an incredibly high ceiling to deliver top rated DL classes year-after-year.

We should wait until the ink dries on this class, however, before proclaiming him elite.

I will crown him if (1) we get the 5-star commitments expected; (2) JT fights off the late bags form UGA, Ohio Taint, and ‘Baga with little to no attrition, and (3) we end up signing a mega star class.

I’m a wait-and-see kinda guy…but yeah…I understand the excitement and am just as hopeful as others.

Advertisement
Just my opinion…but….

JT has the potential to be labeled an elite recruiter. He shows much promise and an incredibly high ceiling to deliver top rated DL classes year-after-year.

We should wait until the ink dries on this class, however, before proclaiming him elite.

I will crown him if (1) we get the 5-star commitments expected; (2) JT fights off the late bags form UGA, Ohio Taint, and ‘Baga with little to no attrition, and (3) we end up signing a mega star class.

I’m a wait-and-see kinda guy…but yeah…I understand the excitement and am just as hopeful as others.
We had a coronation ceremony all planned out for DVD late fall and we see how that turned out.

Yeah honestly the fact that he basically hung on to every recruit we got over the summer despite the worst season I’ve ever seen basically sums it up for me

Not to be that guy, since I said our 2023 class was going to be solid regardless

Mario is a great recruiter, but I’m going to continue to stress the need to put things in to perspective w/ a 1st yr bump. Randy Shannon, after a 5-7 season signed the #1 class that included Three 5*. Now, all things fair, we’re using hindsight 20/20 on that 2008 class, but I can almost guarantee we were all patting ourselves on the back about that class.

Mario is 10x the coach Randy is, however as I pointed out before:

Shannon 5-7 1st yr
1st yr bump (#1 class)

Golden 6-6 1st yr
1st yr bump (#10 class)

Diaz 6-7 1st yr
1st yr bump (#11 class)

Cristobal 5-7 1st yr
1st yr bump (#7 class)

I’ve learned not to pour champagne on myself after a coach have an awful season & maintains a top 10-15. I’m only using Miami as an example, but I can randomly choose Steve Sarkisian going 5-7 yr 1 & then signing the #3 class in 2022 or Pete Carroll went 6-6 1st yr & then signed the #8 class in 2002.

I think it’s imperative to understand 1st yr bumps are very, very common; I’ve seen it here w/ Mario’s predecessors, & I’ve seen it w/ other programs. It’s the following year we must focus on. IMHO, despite how great Mario is as a recruiter, we must win at least 8 games this yr to keep up the momentum.

Not to be that guy, since I said our 2023 class was going to be solid regardless

Mario is a great recruiter, but I’m going to continue to stress the need to put things in to perspective w/ a 1st yr bump. Randy Shannon, after a 5-7 season signed the #1 class that included Three 5*. Now, all things fair, we’re using hindsight 20/20 on that 2008 class, but I can almost guarantee we were all patting ourselves on the back about that class.

Shannon 5-7 1st yr
1st yr bump (#1 class)

Golden 6-6 1st yr
1st yr bump (#10 class)

Diaz 6-7 1st yr
1st yr bump (#11 class)

Cristobal 5-7 1st yr
1st yr bump (#7 class)

I’ve learned not to pour champagne on myself after a coach have an awful season & maintains a top 10-15. I’m only using Miami as an example, but I can randomly choose Steve Sarkisian going 5-7 yr 1 & then signing the #3 class in 2022 or Pete Carroll went 6-6 1st yr & then signed the #8 class in 2002.

I think it’s imperative to understand 1st yr bumps are very, very common; I’ve seen it here w/ Mario’s predecessors, & I’ve seen it w/ other programs. It’s the following year we must focus on. IMHO, despite how great Mario is as a recruiter, we must win at least 8 games this yr to keep up the momentum.
With all due respect to those facts u laid out. He was a HC at Oregon, so his respect in recruiting is not derived from some artificial first year bump. Plus his work at Bama.

Shannon 5-7 1st yr
1st yr bump (#1 class)

Golden 6-6 1st yr
1st yr bump (#10 class)

Diaz 6-7 1st yr
1st yr bump (#11 class)

Cristobal 5-7 1st yr
1st yr bump (#7 class)

Well yeah of course

But none of those guys had ever been head coaches other than Golden at Temple

Mario has already shown he can recruit so I don’t really see the point here tbh

No one is pouring champagne on anyone just acknowledging dude has been recruiting at a high level for years and has brought that to Miami

Advertisement
Well yeah of course

But none of those guys had ever been head coaches other than Golden at Temple

Mario has already shown he can recruit so I don’t really see the point here
Makes no sense. Cristobal made elite recruits not only think about Oregon. They went there and became top 10 darft picks on both sides of the ball. Before him, Oregon had to use innovation on the field and crazy uniforms to make kids even look there and he still got them classes and recruits they dreamt of. 2023 was a worse case scenario with the on field product.

Makes no sense. Cristobal made elite recruits not only think about Oregon. They went there and became top 10 darft picks on both sides of the ball. Before him, Oregon had to use innovation on the field and crazy uniforms to make kids even look there and he still got them classes and recruits they dreamt of. 2023 was a worse case scenario with the on field product.
@Rellyrell is my guy and he’s correct for sure that bumps are a real thing. Definitely something that was discussed A LOT.

But yeah he hung on to everyone, I thought that was legit especially since we’ve been KINGS of decommitments for years

Anyway. No one is crowning anything. More work to be done for sure and this summer will definitely start to paint that picture it seems

@Rellyrell is my guy and he’s correct for sure that bumps are a real thing. Definitely something that was discussed A LOT.

But yeah he hung on to everyone, I thought that was legit especially since we’ve been KINGS of decommitments for years

Anyway. No one is crowning anything. More work to be done for sure and this summer will definitely start to paint that picture it seems
People underrate what it took to hold that class together with how horrible we were on the field. These were elite recruits with the nation after most of them. And then to close on guys like Damari and flip Collins. Massively underrated.

With all due respect to those facts u laid out. He was a HC at Oregon, so his respect in recruiting is not derived from some artificial first year bump. Plus his work at Bama.

Yeah, and Pete Carroll was a NFL coach that USC didn’t want, and Sarkisian is a former OC at Bama who’s drunk.

I get it, u’re trying to take the crown as the White Knight in the land of Hurricanes for the 2023-24 season; every year there’s a new White Knight that feel its their unequivocal duty to debunk & defend anything that appears negative. Kudos to u, but the overwhelming data shows, if we have another sub 8 win season in yr 2, we won’t see a top 10 class. Now, whether u want to accept it or not is no never mind to me, if I’m being honest.

With that said, can Mario be the anomaly? Sure.

Advertisement
Yeah, and Pete Carroll was a NFL coach that USC didn’t want, and Sarkisian is a former OC at Bama who’s drunk.

I get it, u’re trying to take the crown as the White Knight in the land of Hurricanes for the 2023-24 season; every year there’s a new White Knight that feel its their unequivocal duty to debunk & defend anything that appears negative. Kudos to u, but the overwhelming data shows, if we have another sub 8 win season in yr 2, we won’t see a top 10 class. Now, whether u want to accept it or not is no never mind to me, if I’m being honest.

With that said, can Mario be the anomaly? Sure.
I dont understand your angle here. I cant make sense out of what you saying? What Pete Carroll and Sarkisan have to do with Mario already proved he is a great recruiter? He already did it. And also if a team recruiting takes a nose dive because they are losing, show me the team that continous loses and keeps recruiting at a high level. None of what you are saying makes any kind of sense except in your nogging. Jimbo Fisher has recruited elite at multiple stops. He got the highest rated class in history in 2022. He then finished #16 in 2023, why? 5-7 and dysfunction. So this idea that if you lose and then recruiting takes a hit makes you a bad recruiter, just nonsense. The performances have to validate the vision you are selling. Just stop while you are ahead man. The teams who recruit elite continue to do it because they continue to win. Clemson took a step back couple years in a row. So did their recruiting, where we passed them up. Did Dabo become a bad recruiter. Stop man, just stop, por favor

I dont understand your angle here. I cant make sense out of what you saying? What Pete Carroll and Sarkisan have to do with Mario already proved he is a great recruiter? He already did it. And also if a team recruiting takes a nose dive because they are losing, show me the team that continous loses and keeps recruiting at a high level. None of what you are saying makes any kind of sense except in your nogging. Jimbo Fisher has recruited elite at multiple stops. He got the highest rated class in history in 2022. He then finished #16 in 2023, why? 5-7 and dysfunction. So this idea that if you lose and then recruiting takes a hit makes you a bad recruiter, just nonsense. The performances have to validate the vision you are selling. Just stop while you are ahead man. The teams who recruit elite continue to do it because they continue to win. Clemson took a step back couple years in a row. So did their recruiting, where we passed them up. Did Dabo become a bad recruiter. Stop man, just stop, por favor

In all due respect, what in the fck r u talking about w/ this reply? Like seriously, did u just black out & say “I’m so angry that I’m just going to post random chit to try to confuse him & the good ppl of CIS?”

I’m talking about a 1st yr bump, & u give me an example of a coach who’s been at A&M for 5 yrs going 5-7 in his fifth yr? Lol. So yeah, let’s conveniently dismiss Steve Sark going 5-7 in yr one & getting the #3 class subsequent thereafter; let’s use Jimbo Fisher going 5-7 in yr 5. Lol. I wish I can say I’m not really Lol’ing, but that would be a lie.

Before u stroke out homie, Clemson has chit to do w/ what I said. Furthermore, I’ve been one of the biggest supporters of Mario on this board. I didn’t hear chit from u when I standing toe to toe w/ all the Warrio posters on here. I didn’t hear chit from u when I defended or rationalized why we got waxed by MTSU, so spare me ur off season white cape, my ninja.

What I’m stating is DESPITE Mario being an elite recruiter, just b/c we had the #7 class in his first yr DOESN’T MEAN we’ll have that same type of production if we chit the bed AGAIN in yr 2.

In yr 1, u can sell hopes, dreams, future which is y the VAST MAJORITY OF COACHES IN THE FIRST YEAR WILL GET THE BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT AND HAVE A GREAT CLASS. In yr 2, it’s we need to see. That’s all I’m saying; if u can’t comprehend that Holmes, then lo siento, hermano.

P.S-if anything, ur example of Jimbo actually proves my point. So, thank u

Last edited:
In all due respect, what in the fck r u talking about w/ this reply? Like seriously, did u just black out & say “I’m so angry that I’m just going to post random chit to try to confuse him & the good ppl of CIS?”

I’m talking about a 1st yr bump, & u give me an example of a coach who’s been at A&M for 5 yrs going 5-7 in his fifth yr? Lol. So yeah, let’s conveniently dismiss Steve Sark going 5-7 in yr one & getting the #3 class subsequent thereafter; let’s use Jimbo Fisher going 5-7 in yr 5. Lol. I wish I can say I’m not really Lol’ing, but that would be a lie.

Before u stroke out homie, Clemson has chit to do w/ what I said. Furthermore, I’ve been one of the biggest supporters of Mario on this board. I didn’t hear chit from u when I standing toe to toe w/ all the Warrio posters on here. I didn’t hear chit from u when I defended or rationalized why we got waxed by MTSU, so spare me ur off season white cape, my ninja.

What I’m stating is DESPITE Mario being an elite recruiter, just b/c we had the #7 class in his first yr DOESN’T MEAN we’ll have that same type of production if we chit the bed AGAIN in yr 2.

In yr 1, u can sell hopes, dreams, future which is y the VAST MAJORITY OF COACHES IN THE FIRST YEAR WILL GET THE BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT AND HAVE A GREAT CLASS. In yr 2, it’s we need to see. That’s all I’m saying; if u can’t comprehend that Holmes, then lo siento, hermano.

Yeah theres nothing to sell if you **** the bed again. Pretty simple & I agree. Luckily I think were gonna have a nice squad this year.

Advertisement
Yeah theres nothing to sell if you **** the bed again. Pretty simple & I agree. Luckily I think were gonna have a nice squad this year.
We been waiting for yearssss
85 South Praying GIF by BET Hip Hop Awards

You are making absolutely no sense at all like zero. You are typing alof of incoherent words. Comparing situations that have no correlation. Are you saying Sarkisian is a bad recruiter or what? Your points make no sense. Because you say Mario has to do it in year 2, and i pointed out he did it in year 3 at Oregon who has never been a recruiting power like any of the other institutions them other man been at. And i said losing and recruiting falling off doesnt mean man is a bad recruiter, because thats what happen to every coach. If its not their first full cycle.

And wtf does u defending his coaching has to do with this? I dont care about that. Thats a separate issue. We talking about his recruiting. Were u at the MTSU game, i was, i saw us getn roasted, i was too drunk to be on here back and forth with man defending whatever that was.

His coaching is a open question, his recruiting not so much.

You keep saying man angry and stroke and all kinda irrelevent information. Make your point and relax hombre. Nobody is angry, we on a message board, why woild i be mad? Mario got a 10 year contract, you nor me is getting him outa here. He will have all the time to prove or disprove every point, dumb or legit.

Advertisement
You are making absolutely no sense at all like zero. You are typing alof of incoherent words. Comparing situations that have no correlation. Are you saying Sarkisian is a bad recruiter or what? Your points make no sense. Because you say Mario has to do it in year 2, and i pointed out he did it in year 3 at Oregon who has never been a recruiting power like any of the other institutions them other man been at. And i said losing and recruiting falling off doesnt mean man is a bad recruiter, because thats what happen to every coach. If its not their first full cycle.

And wtf does u defending his coaching has to do with this? I dont care about that. Thats a separate issue. We talking about his recruiting. Were u at the MTSU game, i was, i saw us getn roasted, i was too drunk to be on here back and forth with man defending whatever that was.

His coaching is a open question, his recruiting not so much.

You keep saying man angry and stroke and all kinda irrelevent information. Make your point and relax hombre. Nobody is angry, we on a message board, why woild i be mad? Mario got a 10 year contract, you nor me is getting him outa here. He will have all the time to prove or disprove every point, dumb or legit.

God bless u. Peace be w/ u this fine weekend.

Just my opinion…but….

I will say we need to sign 2x 5* DL/EDGE guys.

Dylan Stewart is a can’t miss and then bring you in Scott or Stone. Both would be unbelievable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back