2024 5* DL Justin Scott visiting this weekend [commits to OSU then flips to Miami!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

When deciding where to spend the next three to four years of their careers, a certain level of comfort at a location matters.

After spending basically a week in South Florida alongside his best friend and his best friends older brother, Miami walk-on running back commit Kyan Gibbs, Chicago (Ill.) St. Ignatius five-star defensive lineman Justin Scott certainly feels plenty of comfort in Miami and so do some key people around him.

“I’m feeling real good. I’m super comfortable here now. This is my second time here, basically spent the whole week here. I’m getting super comfortable here,” Scott told InsideTheU following the spring game.

Watching true freshman defensive lineman Rueben Bain collect three sacks at DRV PNK Stadium in Fort Lauderdale on Friday night was a highlight because getting on the field and playing early is a priority.

“Definitely just seeing the young guys out there, seeing Rueben Bain going crazy. I think he had three sacks. Just seeing the opportunities here, the opportunities for young guys to get out there and play really stood out to me,” Scott said.

Miami, Ohio State, and Georgia are schools the nation’s No. 3 defensive lineman knows will get official visits. Notre Dame is also considered a top contender for the Scott as well.

“Coming to play early, that’s really what my top schools are all about. Me coming in and make an impact,” Scott said.

Advertisement

When deciding where to spend the next three to four years of their careers, a certain level of comfort at a location matters.

After spending basically a week in South Florida alongside his best friend and his best friends older brother, Miami walk-on running back commit Kyan Gibbs, Chicago (Ill.) St. Ignatius five-star defensive lineman Justin Scott certainly feels plenty of comfort in Miami and so do some key people around him.

“I’m feeling real good. I’m super comfortable here now. This is my second time here, basically spent the whole week here. I’m getting super comfortable here,” Scott told InsideTheU following the spring game.

Watching true freshman defensive lineman Rueben Bain collect three sacks at DRV PNK Stadium in Fort Lauderdale on Friday night was a highlight because getting on the field and playing early is a priority.

“Definitely just seeing the young guys out there, seeing Rueben Bain going crazy. I think he had three sacks. Just seeing the opportunities here, the opportunities for young guys to get out there and play really stood out to me,” Scott said.

Miami, Ohio State, and Georgia are schools the nation’s No. 3 defensive lineman knows will get official visits. Notre Dame is also considered a top contender for the Scott as well.

“Coming to play early, that’s really what my top schools are all about. Me coming in and make an impact,” Scott said.

Early playing……….son you could get playing time literally right now if he showed up in the summer

Advertisement
Advertisement
Early playing……….son you could get playing time literally right now if he showed up in the summer
Showtime Recording GIF by CBS

Going to be hard to pull a midwest kid from ND or OSU but I'm slowly feeling better about this kid. He might just want something different than what he's used to near his home. Let's go staff!
I think people are underestimating Miami’s pull here with OOS kids. It’s always been there but we just weren’t a serious enough program. Now with Rad and Mario in charge, NIL in full effect and the admin actually ponying up money for infrastructure it’s just a different animal.

I always said the last 15 years was a waste of an opportunity, not only did we still have the shine of our past glory years but Miami became one of the hip hop capitals, music that all these kids listen to. I think the shine of our past glories has slowly worn off but the city of Miami is still the city of Miami. These kids grew up on YMCMB. The clubs out here are stuff of legends to kids and the idea of living and getting paid in this city is going to be very attractive to them. Add in a serious football program and we are tough to beat.

These kids eat up the IG lifestyle and Miami is one of the kings of that world. ****, kids know what Art Basel is, and even art is a draw.

Advertisement
Advertisement
It's crazy to think it's not outside the realm of possibility to land a DT class of stone, breland, and scott. Nobody in the ACC would be able to run on us ever.
Many said the same about Texas A & M ridiculous DL class the last two recruiting cycles lets wait to see how these guys continue to develop.

I think people are underestimating Miami’s pull here with OOS kids. It’s always been there but we just weren’t a serious enough program. Now with Rad and Mario in charge, NIL in full effect and the admin actually ponying up money for infrastructure it’s just a different animal.

I always said the last 15 years was a waste of an opportunity, not only did we still have the shine of our past glory years but Miami became one of the hip hop capitals, music that all these kids listen to. I think the shine of our past glories has slowly worn off but the city of Miami is still the city of Miami. These kids grew up on YMCMB. The clubs out here are stuff of legends to kids and the idea of living and getting paid in this city is going to be very attractive to them. Add in a serious football program and we are tough to beat.

These kids eat up the IG lifestyle and Miami is one of the kings of that world. ****, kids know what Art Basel is, and even art is a draw.

I've outlined how the world is shrinking in the past here, how the internet has changed society and that regionality has less value in recruiting than ever before. Go look at the top 20 kids in any state and see where they went. You have UGA, BAMA, LSU, UF/FSU/UM, USC, TX all landing a fraction of the top in-state kids these days, it's different. OSU is the outlier, but even they are feeling it compared to the past. You absolutely recruit nationally without regard to location and see how it lands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back