2024 5* DL Justin Scott visiting this weekend [commits to OSU then flips to Miami!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Dream but not reaslistic. IMO, we have a great shot at Stone and a kid like Stephenson. Outside shot at Stewart.

Scott stays in MW, Breeland and Rushing stay out west and Franklin goes SEC. Just my April prediction based on how things typically go.
Rushing might want to be apart of the super d line class.

On the cusp of locking in an OV

Unofficial visits can span a few days in certain instances, and thankfully for Miami an elite prospect has spent multiple days in South Florida checking out the Hurricanes.

That would be Chicago (Ill.) St. Ignatius five-star defensive lineman Justin Scott who got to Miami on Monday night and will stay in South Florida through the programs spring game on Friday night.

“The first time I came, I felt like it was a need for me to come back because I enjoyed myself so much around the coaching staff and just being able to get back here and build the relationship even more. I actually started to feel very comfortable here,” Scott told InsideTheU on Thursday.

The No. 11 overall player and No. 3 defensive lineman on the industry-generated 247Sports Composite was able to take in a pair of practices on Greentree.

“Practice, I can tell they have so much fun. It’s like a war,” Scott said. “You got defense and offense, the coaches are into it, the players are into it, everybody is into it. Just seeing them having fun and competing makes me like it a lot.”

NFL Hall of Famer Jason Taylor was on the off-field staff the last time Scott was around the program. Now, Taylor is the defensive line coach and the 6-foot-4, 310-pounder has enjoyed his time around the appointed defensive line coach.

“Him becoming the defensive line coach makes me probably like Miami more because he’s a [veteran], Hall of Famer. He definitely knows what he’s talking about. He’s been to the highest where you can play football. I can tell he knows what he’s doing,” Scott said.

After spending time around the program over the course of the week, Miami should be viewed as a legitimate contender.

“I like them a lot. Just being able to know that I have an opportunity to come in and make an impact right away, they’re in need of young guys and to see that I’m needed here makes me like them a lot,” Scott said.

The rising senior has trips to Ohio State and Georgia locked in for summer official visits. Miami is in line to be the third to have a weekend.

“Georgia and Ohio State, obviously. Miami will get one. For the last two, I’m actually not sure,” Scott said.

Scott isn’t ruling out five summer official visits but is still in the process of figuring out what the summer months will look like.

“It could be a possibility that I take all five in the summer.”

Advertisement
1681432042529.gif

- Miami also had some top national prospects in attendance. Chicago (Ill.) St. Ignatius five-star defensive lineman Justin Scott capped off his week long visit on Friday night and is feeling as good about the Hurricanes as ever before.

“Definitely just seeing the young guys out there, seeing Rueben Bain going crazy. I think he had three sacks. Just seeing the opportunities here, the opportunities for young guys to get out there and play really stood out to me,” Scott said.

His parting thoughts after all the time spent around the program were very positive.

“I’m feeling real good. I’m feeling real comfortable now. This is my second time here, basically spent the whole week here. I’m getting super comfortable here.”

Advertisement

- Miami also had some top national prospects in attendance. Chicago (Ill.) St. Ignatius five-star defensive lineman Justin Scott capped off his week long visit on Friday night and is feeling as good about the Hurricanes as ever before.

“Definitely just seeing the young guys out there, seeing Rueben Bain going crazy. I think he had three sacks. Just seeing the opportunities here, the opportunities for young guys to get out there and play really stood out to me,” Scott said.

His parting thoughts after all the time spent around the program were very positive.

“I’m feeling real good. I’m feeling real comfortable now. This is my second time here, basically spent the whole week here. I’m getting super comfortable here.”

Lebron James Mood GIF

He pick out his dorm room yet?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back