2024 5* DL Justin Scott visiting this weekend [commits to OSU then flips to Miami!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has official visits set with Georgia (June 2nd), Michigan (June 9th), Miami (June 16th) and Ohio State (June 23rd).

He has talked about setting an official with Notre Dame as well but that is not on the books at this time.
Interesting no ND

Advertisement
Hasn’t announced a date yet but has 4 summer OVs scheduled for June so I would expect him to pull trigger for someone before fall.
Hoping for like the first week of July. We crushed it during that timeframe last year haha

For once we’re on the other side of this. He said in an interview he doesn’t know if he’ll OV to ND because it’s right down the street and he can get there anytime he wants …. Sound familiar? Lol
Yea ND know he aint coming lol

Advertisement
As crazy as writing this is, ND, for all the money that the alumni have and how much they love football, does not have an NIL program comparable to any school on this young man’s list. I’m not saying the kids get nothing. I’m close with Kyle Hamilton’s family and yes it was the start of NIL when he was in his final season for ND, but he was making chicken feed. Literally very little and I was reviewing the contracts for them. I’m sure it’s improved since then but if a young man wants big NIL money, he is not going to ND.

As crazy as writing this is, ND, for all the money that the alumni have and how much they love football, does not have an NIL program comparable to any school on this young man’s list. I’m not saying the kids get nothing. I’m close with Kyle Hamilton’s family and yes it was the start of NIL when he was in his final season for ND, but he was making chicken feed. Literally very little and I was reviewing the contracts for them. I’m sure it’s improved since then but if a young man wants big NIL money, he is not going to ND.

It has. ND has the FUND, but it's focused on players already enrolled. They have no program for signing recruits, and have shown no indication they'll play that game.

They sell getting the kids paid once they've signed. Sam Hartman will most likely make $2M plus this year, for example -- but his transfer did not come with an upfront payment like many high school seniors are getting now. This is why they lost Keon Keeley and Payton Bowen last year, which in turn probably kept them from a top 5 class.

Is it effective? Who knows. But if Scott wants some NIL money upfront, he won't be getting it from ND.

1685127776617.png

Advertisement

I can tell you that it hasn't gotten much better for recruits

It has. ND has the FUND, but it's focused on players already enrolled. They have no program for signing recruits, and have shown no indication they'll play that game.

They sell getting the kids paid once they've signed. Sam Hartman will most likely make $2M plus this year, for example -- but his transfer did not come with an upfront payment like many high school seniors are getting now. This is why they lost Keon Keeley and Payton Bowen last year, which in turn probably kept them from a top 5 class.

Is it effective? Who knows. But if Scott wants some NIL money upfront, he won't be getting it from ND.
Michigan says it is taking the same approach. But I am beginning to question that because they are bringing in a very strong recruiting class and are in the hunt for one of the top RB’s in the country from the state of Texas. I can’t imagine he is leaving Texas, knowing what UT will pay to recruits, to go to Michigan to “prove” what he is worth.

Michigan says it is taking the same approach. But I am beginning to question that because they are bringing in a very strong recruiting class and are in the hunt for one of the top RB’s in the country from the state of Texas. I can’t imagine he is leaving Texas, knowing what UT will pay to recruits, to go to Michigan to “prove” what he is worth.
Making the playoff two years in a row and a depth chart that isn’t all that stacked will do that.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back