5 DBs, why didn't we do this more?

IMO - the mentality of the bend don't break defense in the 2nd half was correct - for tonight. We were a couple yards away from scoring 30 points int he first half. We scored 3 in the 2nd half.

The Defense had to expect the Offense was going to score more in the 2nd half to help them out, and they didn't.
This post makes zero sense. Why should they expect anything? Why would you change what was ******* working? They had to expect the Offense to score more points when they knew the offense was going to completely change into kill the clock mode?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Thanks man, this pretty much verifies my thoughts. This one will stay with me for a long time.

We did get beat on a sorta rub play (not even really a rub, but our CB had to dodge one of our own guys and lost leverage outside) late(rish) in the game. We were in man under and Crawford's man (I think Rudolph, who some of you who follow recruiting now can see why I loved him) came across the formation in motion. That's my issue. Because we get beat on one or two plays, we immediately have shown to overreact. I'm so deeply disappointed. Should have scored at least 38 tonight on that very suspect FSU D.

Don't remember that specific play. I know you said going into the game that you had heard the staff was going to let the kids loose. We saw a lot of that in the 1st half.

Agree. We should have had 30 at half. We could have put 40+ on them. We are equally or more talented offensively then they are right now, no one will convince me otherwise.

Was told directly that coaches were going to really be aggressive. Not just because of the results, but I think you saw that in the first part of the game. We had those guys spinning. Stretching them all over the field. The 61 yard TD to Walford was a gorgeous call that must've left FSU guys scratching their heads. We had Dobard, Tucker and Walford (so, 2TEs and a FB) all to one side of the field.

I was nervous as **** at halftime that we'd go into a "scared to win" shell.

The question is, and you would know better then me, where does that order come from? Coley had FSU D on their heels and we went away from a bunch of stuff that was killing them.
Not Lu, but I have zero doubts it came from Golden. Its his M.O. He saw the lead we had, and figured he could bend don't break his way to victory. They were probably planning to be aggressive the whole game and Golden changed it up in the second half once he saw we were up. Classic Al Golden cowardice. And I can imagine James Coley is probably infuriated.
I have zero doubts he forced a conservative offensive game plan against UL, against UF last year and today.

IMO - the mentality of the bend don't break defense in the 2nd half was correct - for tonight. We were a couple yards away from scoring 30 points int he first half. We scored 3 in the 2nd half.

The Defense had to expect the Offense was going to score more in the 2nd half to help them out, and they didn't.

The d has been playing great all year... And the offense has been letting them down constand turnovers in the redzone is a huge problem... As a unit we played great but if winston was on he would of shredded us i believe we blitzed so many times and still couldnt pressure him

This post makes zero sense.
This. We lost the initiative, we lost the momentum and we lost the game cause we reverted back to allowing offenses to dictate the action. How with the final result can anyone say it was the right decision?

The d has been playing great all year... And the offense has been letting them down constand turnovers in the redzone is a huge problem... As a unit we played great but if winston was on he would of shredded us i believe we blitzed so many times and still couldnt pressure him
lol

Advertisement

So the defense played great against Nebraska and GT? How about in the second half tonight? LOL.

This. We lost the initiative, we lost the momentum and we lost the game cause we reverted back to allowing offenses to dictate the action. How with the final result can anyone say it was the right decision?
They knew the offense was going to go conservative...obviously it was the plan they decided on in the 2nd half..so why would they expect to score more points. Zero sense.

LOL so the reason we don't play nickel and dime is b/c we need to blitz????? Jesus this ******* moron TruCanes should be shot in a public square for stupidity alone.

Correct they played good? Like i said lucky winston wasnt on because we constantly blutzed him in the 2nd half he started hitting guys he was overthrowing in the first half

Advertisement
Correct they played good? Like i said lucky winston wasnt on because we constantly blutzed him in the 2nd half he started hitting guys he was overthrowing in the first half
When you run the same **** blitzes over and over a guy like jimbo is gonna notice

We did get beat on a sorta rub play (not even really a rub, but our CB had to dodge one of our own guys and lost leverage outside) late(rish) in the game. We were in man under and Crawford's man (I think Rudolph, who some of you who follow recruiting now can see why I loved him) came across the formation in motion. That's my issue. Because we get beat on one or two plays, we immediately have shown to overreact. I'm so deeply disappointed. Should have scored at least 38 tonight on that very suspect FSU D.

Don't remember that specific play. I know you said going into the game that you had heard the staff was going to let the kids loose. We saw a lot of that in the 1st half.

Agree. We should have had 30 at half. We could have put 40+ on them. We are equally or more talented offensively then they are right now, no one will convince me otherwise.

Was told directly that coaches were going to really be aggressive. Not just because of the results, but I think you saw that in the first part of the game. We had those guys spinning. Stretching them all over the field. The 61 yard TD to Walford was a gorgeous call that must've left FSU guys scratching their heads. We had Dobard, Tucker and Walford (so, 2TEs and a FB) all to one side of the field.

The question is, and you would know better then me, where does that order come from? Coley had FSU D on their heels and we went away from a bunch of stuff that was killing them.
Not Lu, but I have zero doubts it came from Golden. Its his M.O. He saw the lead we had, and figured he could bend don't break his way to victory. They were probably planning to be aggressive the whole game and Golden changed it up in the second half once he saw we were up. Classic Al Golden cowardice. And I can imagine James Coley is probably infuriated.
I have zero doubts he forced a conservative offensive game plan against UL, against UF last year and today.

I mean that is my theory as well.

I don't believe Coley can go from a killer to someone who wants to play conservatively in the same game. He doesn't seem like that kind of guy but who knows.

They knew the offense was going to go conservative...obviously it was the plan they decided on in the 2nd half..so why would they expect to score more points. Zero sense.
Yep. Forgot about them going conservative on offense too. I swear these coaches have to be worst in the country. Muschamp is Nick Saban in comparison to these ********. How do you go conservative on both offense and defense and expect to win?

Advertisement
Do people understand that we play slow we always chew up clock that us the way we play are pace is 123 out of 144 college teams we dont play and uptemp style uncane anyone hasnt watched

I don't believe Coley can go from a killer to someone who wants to play conservatively in the same game. He doesn't seem like that kind of guy but who knows.
Coley may not be an offensive genius, but the guy is improved and he doesn't come off as ****less coward that will go conservative just to preserve a win. If it were up to him, he probably would have continued being aggressive. But thats just speculation on my part.

Because your staff might be worse than ours but with an easier schedule. Sucks for you guys that some will take playing an fsu team that never plays well for a full game and a staff that completely cost you this game will somehow make this into a moral victory and earn him another year. He is in over his head at this level of football. No excuse for playing like a ***** in the 2nd half and doing exactly what fsu needed y'all to do -- which was stop doing what they couldn't handle.

Agree with your overall sentiment. That said your offensive staff and philosophy or whatever UF calls that isn't even D1 material.

Advertisement

Yep. Forgot about them going conservative on offense too. I swear these coaches have to be worst in the country. Muschamp is Nick Saban in comparison to these ********. How do you go conservative on both offense and defense and expect to win?

How did we go conservative please explain and back it up with something of any value... We came out in the 2nd half passing on first down .... Any logic behind this also we blitzed lije crazy in the 2nd half ...

Diego, while I think Al should be blamed, the rushing to absolve Coley is both obvious and pathetic. James Coley has been a disappointment. His offenses are hit and miss, and his recruiting has been pathetic in South Florida (which was supposed to be his best attribute).

Coley may not be an offensive genius, but the guy is improved and he doesn't come off as ****less coward that will go conservative just to preserve a win. If it were up to him, he probably would have continued being aggressive. But thats just speculation on my part.

Going back to the Arky ST game, we have destroyed teams in the first few drives of the game. We are scoring on an usually high rate.

To start games, I absolutely love almost everything we do. Then in 2nd halves we become an entirely different team.

We scored on 3 out of 5 drives on FSU in the 1st half. Only non scoring drive was the Walford fumble on a big gain and Badgley missed 29 yard FG. I haven't seen a beat down like that offensively vs a top tier team in a long time.

I am mind blown what I saw the 2nd half.

Because your staff might be worse than ours but with an easier schedule. Sucks for you guys that some will take playing an fsu team that never plays well for a full game and a staff that completely cost you this game will somehow make this into a moral victory and earn him another year. He is in over his head at this level of football. No excuse for playing like a ***** in the 2nd half and doing exactly what fsu needed y'all to do -- which was stop doing what they couldn't handle.

Agree with your overall sentiment. That said your offensive staff and philosophy or whatever UF calls that isn't even D1 material.
It's not a philosophy. ..I'm pretty sure muschamp just views offense as a timeout for his defense. He would probably punt on 2nd down if he thought he wouldn't get fired for it

Advertisement
Back