48 hours to go: Post your predictions here

Look, all we have to go on is "someone told me" and "Ive heard good thing", etc.. about most of these kids that people are assuming are "locks". Fact is, none of them are publically committed or recruiting for us. So they are not locks. They have been taking visits, and vacillating the whole time. They know UM, if their heart was here, they would have pulled the trigger by now.

This is where your thinking is flawed. I've told you this before and I'll tell you again. Kid's aren't the same anymore. They can be leaning one way...but they won't say a word due to all the positive attention they receive. They know this is their 15 minutes. The new age of social media, and how recruiting has caught fire has changed things dramatically. Now I don't fault you for your opinion, but you really need to think about shifting your thought process out of the old ways. It will give you a better outlook regarding recruiting.

I understand all that, but not all kids are the same. In the case of someone like Bryant, I agree you may well be right. But some of these kids have not been playing around or attention seeking. Kid like Bostwick for example, has not sought the limelight at all, so I doubt he is suddenly playing games, I suspect the kid is seriously torn.

We will know more in a couple of days. If we land most or all of these kids, then your point is very valid. But I still suspect that warning signs are warning signs, and sometimes where there is smoke, there really is fire.

Advertisement
Look, all we have to go on is "someone told me" and "Ive heard good thing", etc.. about most of these kids that people are assuming are "locks". Fact is, none of them are publically committed or recruiting for us. So they are not locks. They have been taking visits, and vacillating the whole time. They know UM, if their heart was here, they would have pulled the trigger by now.

Disagree. For example, there are tons of documented things (video interviews, video, written interviews, and actions) that point to Matthew Thomas being very interested in Miami and that's regardless of what any "insider" has told us.

Same could be said for Coley and Kirkland. I, for the most part, don't lean on insiders, as much as I lean on the kids movements. The kids will do things and at least shed light on who they are seriously considering

Told to who though brother? Writers for UM websites? If it was a pro Nole article on Warchant, wouldnt we take that with a grain of salt? See what Im saying? One of the FEW real insider statements we have gotten on MT, was by his coach, who said that he wasnt really all that interested in UM most of this season, and that he was really feeling the Noles. That's an on the record actual insight by someone close to the situation, not some random guy on a message board who claims he knows a guy, who knows a guy, who talked to some relative, who says he's a lock. The fact is, MTs behavior this whole recruiting season has been anything BUT that of a kid who was all Miami.

Disagree. For example, there are tons of documented things (video interviews, video, written interviews, and actions) that point to Matthew Thomas being very interested in Miami and that's regardless of what any "insider" has told us.

Same could be said for Coley and Kirkland. I, for the most part, don't lean on insiders, as much as I lean on the kids movements. The kids will do things and at least shed light on who they are seriously considering

Told to who though brother? Writers for UM websites? If it was a pro Nole article on Warchant, wouldnt we take that with a grain of salt? See what Im saying? One of the FEW real insider statements we have gotten on MT, was by his coach, who said that he wasnt really all that interested in UM most of this season, and that he was really feeling the Noles. That's an on the record actual insight by someone close to the situation, not some random guy on a message board who claims he knows a guy, who knows a guy, who talked to some relative, who says he's a lock. The fact is, MTs behavior this whole recruiting season has been anything BUT that of a kid who was all Miami.

You not hearing me. I don't lean on insiders that much. I don't lean on beat reporters and I don't even lean on Pete as good as he is at his job. Ice Harris is proven to have an agenda so I'm throwing his entire testimony out, especially when he contradicts himself by saying he wanted MT6 to consider UM and then put him on a plane to USC. Actions speak louder than words bro and 6's movements and the movements of those around him are those of someone who has been genuinely considering the Hurricanes, unprovoked might I add.

I made a post in another thread that I can't seem to find, documenting the actions of MT6.

You not hearing me. I don't lean on insiders that much. I don't lean on beat reporters and I don't even lean on Pete as good as he is at his job. Ice Harris is proven to have an agenda so I'm throwing his entire testimony out, especially when he contradicts himself by saying he wanted MT6 to consider UM and then put him on a plane to USC. Actions speak louder than words bro and 6's movements and the movements of those around him are those of someone who has been genuinely considering the Hurricanes, unprovoked might I add.

I made a post in another thread that I can't seem to find, documenting the actions of MT6.

Well Im going to have to disagree with you here. To me the USC OV, and then scheduling that mid week OV here, smacked of him just doing us a courtesy but not really being all that serious. Ive thought all along that the kid just didnt want to be here. So what TH Jr said made perfect sense. I hope Im wrong, but all this stuff about him "smiling when people ask about UM" sounds like reading tea leaves and Tarrot cards.

Advertisement

Well Im going to have to disagree with you here. To me the USC OV, and then scheduling that mid week OV here, smacked of him just doing us a courtesy but not really being all that serious. Ive thought all along that the kid just didnt want to be here. So what TH Jr said made perfect sense. I hope Im wrong, but all this stuff about him "smiling when people ask about UM" sounds like reading tea leaves and Tarrot cards.

The whole, "Matthew Thomas was never considering Miami" is straight bull****

He does things of his own volition that point to the contrary

He doesn't have to throw up 305 on the regular
He doesn't have to throw the U up to plzwork at the UA game
Didn't have to post convo's with Golden and Co. on facebook
Didn't have to roll around with a UM beanie and take a picture with it
Didn't have to be at Cane games rooting for UM
Chad Thomas, who by all accounts is closer to em than anyone, has been saying Miami forever

None of that **** points to, nah I ain't really feelin them. His mamma has made it clear where she wants him regardless of that dumbass interview that Ice Harris did. Mamma rolling around UA Practice with Canes gear on. Mamma telling everybody that she wants him to stay home for the last year. Mamma says she wants to be able to see his games and Matthew has stated that he wants her to see him play and the only time she seen em play in his life, the **** was bawlin his eyes out.

Nah man, I ain't tryna hear that "he wasn't never interested in Miami and we pushed him to consider Miami" bologna. Y'all put him on a flight to Cali when y'all could have had him in Coral Gables so that **** don't fly. We ain't out of this yet. Trust in AG.

Everyone, except Bryant -- to the Noles.

That may sound like blind optimism:

But we have led or been atleast 50/50 for most of these guys the entire recruiting season(minus Coley), and they are from our back yard.

No clue on Brooks/Edwards -- Canes if there is room.

Last edited:
Why do people on rivals think we are getting cunningham yet no one on here is talking about him?

Advertisement
Thomas - FSU
Bryant - MIAMI
Collins - MIAMI
Bostwick - UF
Grace - LOUISVILLE
Kirkland - FSU
Coley - MIAMI

I'm sorry the damage that was done with Kirkland sealed Miami's fate with him and Thomas, I hope I'm wrong but I'm not feelin it.

Chad Thomas, who by all accounts is closer to em than anyone, has been saying Miami forever

None of that **** points to, nah I ain't really feelin them. His mamma has made it clear where she wants him regardless of that dumbass interview that Ice Harris did. Mamma rolling around UA Practice with Canes gear on. Mamma telling everybody that she wants him to stay home for the last year. Mamma says she wants to be able to see his games and Matthew has stated that he wants her to see him play and the only time she seen em play in his life, the **** was bawlin his eyes out.

Nah man, I ain't tryna hear that "he wasn't never interested in Miami and we pushed him to consider Miami" bologna. Y'all put him on a flight to Cali when y'all could have had him in Coral Gables so that **** don't fly. We ain't out of this yet. Trust in AG.

You got me pumped jerzey

Maybe, just maybe, Al planned all of this from the beginning. Maybe all these recruits made their intentions known weeks or months ago and Al said hold off on making it public, and lets get back at all these butthurt envious ********. Lets troll the **** out of Rivals, Scout, Yahoo, and all of the other sites that only write negative and slanderous articles about the U. Lets show what little credibility our local beat writers and agenda driven high school coaches really have by feeding them useless information that they will gladly try to smear us publicly with. And on top of that, lets show what a malicous and hypocritical farce the NCAA investigation has been. Let all of our rival fans and their coaches laugh at us and believe we are going to strike out on our main targets. Because come February 6th, the joke is not on us anymore. This is no fool who we have running this show anymore. Like a wise man once said: "Get your shots in now...". Because come Wednesday the counterpunch will come, and to all the haters it will feel like a Mike Tyson right uppercut. And as they rub the tears from their eyes as they watch ESPN, they will see young men putting on green and orange hats one by one.

You got me pumped jerzey

No reason to get pumped. I just believe that Thomas' interest is legitimate and has been legitimate from the door. Ice Harris would have you believe that he was the one that planted the U as an option in 6's head, when his mamma was all about the U going back as far as July. Folks have been in his ear about Miami for a long time. Don't let this misinformation campaign fool you. 6 may very well choose to go to Florida State, but it won't be because he never considered going to Miami.

Advertisement
Thomas - FSU
Bryant - Miami
Collins - Miami
Bostwick - Miami
Grace - Miami
Kirkland - Miami
Coley - MIAMI
Brooks-Miami
Edwards-Miami

Last edited:

Truth right here...truth. On top of that...who was he sitting right next to when he was interviewed eating lunch during the UA practices? The Chosen One...who wasn't even on the same team in the UA game. He coulda sat by anyone...instead he picked the white boy from Jersey whom he probably didn't know too well before the UA event.

Also I know the staff feels confident about 6. They definitely don't see that midweek visit as a courtesy visit.

Kirkland- FSU
Coley- USF(seems like there's something there, grades maybe?)
Collins- U
Bryant- U
Bostwick- UF
Edwards- U
Grace- U
Thomas- U

Advertisement
I predict that posters like those from the Ice apologists as well as JRuiz and others will make us think that the ridiculous posts we have seen in the last week will look sane compared to what is about to be posted the next 48hours.

I predict Ferman will go martyr on everyone.

I predict after all the LOI's are in, the FSU crew will still think they are getting everyone.

I predict that after Al and team close strong, that Yahoo won't apologize or own up to that BS hatchet job.

I predict Peter Aziz will get a statute..... somewhere.

I predict that Bakas will disappear from his site for 8 months.

Oh yeah, I predict UM gets, DK, Collins, Coley, Grace and Bryant. I predict I have no f'n idea on Thomas or the others.

Lastly I predict that my guesses are pure guesses and are worth as much or more that Ferman's, Bakas, Farrells or any other person paid to predict 17 year olds brain process.

thank you for the laugh!

Advertisement
Back