48 hours to go: Post your predictions here

I predict that the guys who have refused to commit to the U by the end of today will end up elsewhere. Their actions have indicated that all along.

In addition, a recruit who was expected will sign elsewhere, another who was expected to sign elsewhere will sign his LOI to the U.

But who knows what percolates in the shallow deeps of the minds of HS kids?
Did I offend anyone? Don't care.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Ok. Am going to do it, but since Im a pessimist, and I will likely jinx anything good, be WARNED, this is going to be ugly. Hope Im wrong, but am just feeling a bad vibe. If you dont want to be disgusted, avert your eyes NOW.....

Collins: Arkansas 51%/Miami 49% as of NOW (something up with that shady coach, and its like the disease that doesnt go away, dont like the vibe)
Kirkland: FSU (everything anyone suggests he may be considering us again, it gets squashed quick)
Grace: Miami
Bostwick: UF (Seems really enamored, hope Im wrong. Really want this kid. Maybe he sticks in the end.)
Bryant: FSU (Despite the trolling, I think this kid wants to get away from his kid and baby mama. PROVE ME WRONG Keef.)
Brooks: Miami
Robinson: LSU (Think this kid's HEART is in Miami, but something is pushing him to L$U. IF we were going to clean up with all these kids, maybe we had a chance, but I dont think we will)
Thomas: FSU (Dont think he was ever that serious about us. We probably worked on the family, who want him here, but kid's head wants to be somewhere else)
Coley: FSU (Ive just never believed we led for this kid after McDonald left. )
Edwards: Miami
Surprise Commit: Miami

So there it is. No need to neg me, Im not trolling. Just being pessimistically realistic. If I picked otherwise, I would probably jinx it anyway, I have the kind of luck. I HOPE Im wrong, but I just feel the NCAA stuff, $$$ issues, the blowup at BTW, and other things have conspired to make it a difficult year for us in SoFla. A good season next year, and we can clean up with most of the locals.

Look, all we have to go on is "someone told me" and "Ive heard good thing", etc.. about most of these kids that people are assuming are "locks". Fact is, none of them are publically committed or recruiting for us. So they are not locks. They have been taking visits, and vacillating the whole time. They know UM, if their heart was here, they would have pulled the trigger by now.

Again, I HOPE Im wrong. I just dont like the vibe, and dont feel the momentum. The fact that Brooks, Lockley, and Edwards have become major targets, says to me that the staff knows many of the guys on our list are gone. I DONT think its a lost cause or 100%, I think we still have a decent shot with Collins, Bostwick, and maybe even Bryant, but if I had to guess right now, I just feel like its going to break against us. As I have said, Id rather be happily surpised on NSD, than heartbroken and disappointed. So I cant bring myself to assume we are landing a kid, without some solid rationale.

For those doubting some of the more optimistic predictions here, what do you think is more likely:

- Al Golden is clueless about his class and is gonna whiff big on the targets, but still agrees to go on ESPN3 for 2 hours come signing day so he can publicly be embarrassed over and over again, being asked questions like "only 2 from S Florida", as well as going out the last week speaking to 2014 targets instead of shoring up this year with days to go.

OR

-Al knows who's coming, wants to be on ESPN 3 over and over again as Miami hits it over and over for great SURPRISE FU to the "experts", and is so sure of class with maybe one or two exceptions that while they keep due diligence going on 2013, but really start getting ready for 2014.

Personally, I'm going with option 2.

Makes sense to me. I can't imagine Al allowing himself to be a schmoe on national television.

Advertisement
How did this board go back to thinking we get Thomas?

Don't know about everyone else, but here's my thinking on Thomas . . .
1. Stoops (former DC at FSU) left to Kentucky
2. Hudson (former LB coach at FSU) left to Purdue
3. Coley (main recruiter of Thomas at FSU) left to Miami
4. Thomas is a Miami kid

I just see nothing to indicate why he would go to FSU at this point . . . maybe I'm missing some info others can provide? Would appreciate

I just don't think it's really b/n Miami and FSU. Maybe Miami and Alabama and USC, but I like our odds there too.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Collins, Grace, Coley = UM

Bryant and Bostwick = One of them to da U

BTW boyz= don't have a good feeling about these cats. So if we get any of these two it is a bonus to me

Collins is the ONE recruit that cannot get away IMO

Collins
Bryant
Grace
Coley
Edwards

Kirk/Thomas - Im leaning "yes" for the reason that the Kirkland spot "opened up" agian...Golden wouldnt set himself up like that, he's just too good.

If those last 2 are in the class, Golden gets the last laugh...sweep

But who cares about my opinion, this is my 1st post after trolling HARD for a long while
(had to find a way to get that 1st post out of the way)

I dont see anyway we are getting both Collins AND Edwards. The fact that Edwards pushed his decision back leads me to believe he is waiting to see what Collins does. Second possibility may be that we offered him a conditional scholie based on what Collins does, so that if Collins bolts, Edwards gets his ship.

Advertisement
I dont see anyway we are getting both Collins AND Edwards. The fact that Edwards pushed his decision back leads me to believe he is waiting to see what Collins does. Second possibility may be that we offered him a conditional scholie based on what Collins does, so that if Collins bolts, Edwards gets his ship.

Only issue with that is the FSU already has Ryan Green committed. So it won't be a depth chart, only one RB type thing

OR, Al told him hey big fella, why dont you announce for the U while I'm on ESPN3 vs just saying it with less coverage?

Advertisement

OR, Al told him hey big fella, why dont you announce for the U while I'm on ESPN3 vs just saying it with less coverage?

Plausible scenario wrt Edwards. I like the way you think

Look, all we have to go on is "someone told me" and "Ive heard good thing", etc.. about most of these kids that people are assuming are "locks". Fact is, none of them are publically committed or recruiting for us. So they are not locks. They have been taking visits, and vacillating the whole time. They know UM, if their heart was here, they would have pulled the trigger by now.

This is where your thinking is flawed. I've told you this before and I'll tell you again. Kid's aren't the same anymore. They can be leaning one way...but they won't say a word due to all the positive attention they receive. They know this is their 15 minutes. The new age of social media, and how recruiting has caught fire has changed things dramatically. Now I don't fault you for your opinion, but you really need to think about shifting your thought process out of the old ways. It will give you a better outlook regarding recruiting.

Disagree. For example, there are tons of documented things (video interviews, video, written interviews, and actions) that point to Matthew Thomas being very interested in Miami and that's regardless of what any "insider" has told us.

Same could be said for Coley and Kirkland. I, for the most part, don't lean on insiders, as much as I lean on the kids movements. The kids will do things and at least shed light on who they are seriously considering

Advertisement
Back