2023 4 Star Safety - Jayden Bonsu, NJ - Committing 08/14 @ 4pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
To think that Mario is anything but ahead of schedule with the quality of the current commits would not be in line with reality and the funk we’ve been in going on two decades. If he wins this year, recruiting will get even better. In fact, so many things (like facilities improvements) are either just underway or not even started, that he’s winning recruiting battles without a full ****nal. I realize things looked so good a couple weeks back that it seemed we were skipping steps in the evolution of this program, but sometimes you need to step back and appreciate the good things that have already happened.

I’ll get off the soapbox now.

Advertisement
Nope, until we can match the financial commitment other teams put on players we battling for. Texas A&M didnt use 9 wins, nor did Texas. Pittsburgh and Mich St won 11 games and we ahead of them. We have to play the same game these teams are playing. UGA, Ohio, Bama etc.

You don’t think we are offering competitive NILs? We are. The difference is that those other schools are still playing the bag game.

To think that Mario is anything but ahead of schedule with the quality of the current commits would not be in line with reality and the funk we’ve been in going on two decades. If he wins this year, recruiting will get even better. In fact, so many things (like facilities improvements) are either just underway or not even started, that he’s winning recruiting battles without a full ****nal. I realize things looked so good a couple weeks back that it seemed we were skipping steps in the evolution of this program, but sometimes you need to step back and appreciate the good things that have already happened.

ND, Penn State, Tennessee & LSU are all in the top 10 currently.

Be a little more ambitious about your expectations. This is probably the most expensive staff in the ACC. Top 10 recruiting classes should be the floor here moving forward or it's absolutely a failure

ND, Penn State, Tennessee & LSU are all in the top 10 currently.

Be a little more ambitious about your expectations. This is probably the most expensive staff in the ACC. Top 10 recruiting classes should be the floor here moving forward or it's absolutely a failure
I don’t disagree necessarily, but aside from Tennessee, those other programs have won bigger of late and have more of a “proof of concept” to sell. Obviously, this staff is not cheap and results will be demanded. But much of what we are selling is still in the “potential” category and some kids may still be dubious. Again, you’re not wrong, I just think it’s too early to expect EVERYONE in recruiting or that we won’t miss when going big game hunting.

Advertisement
Nope, until we can match the financial commitment other teams put on players we battling for. Texas A&M didnt use 9 wins, nor did Texas. Pittsburgh and Mich St won 11 games and we ahead of them. We have to play the same game these teams are playing. UGA, Ohio, Bama etc.
It’s definitely not one thing, it’s a combo of financial commitment and having the team to sell the vision. Winning helps certify the vision and as that develops it also becomes it own variable

We need an applause emoji (and a praying emoji) @Andrew por favor

Okay, but who is ranking them? Does anyone really think the On3 or ESPN or Rivals are collectively better evaluators than Mario and his staff?

No, but people get things twisted with regards to player ratings. The schools do the legwork on identifying top talent and even down to the unranked for the schools who feed off of that. A lot of them use local or area recruiting services that identify players early. Some comes from seeing them in camps early or they're visiting a recruit and asking who's next. The reach of the schools is far longer than the recruiting services.

Recruiting service hears some of the things the college powers are interested in and away they go. They will identify some talent but I can promise you some of the colleges already know about that guy before they do. They hear so and so is after this kid, that right there says there's value. Schools interest determine a lot of the rankings.

It isn't a coincidence we're bumping heads with the elite of college football this cycle. We've just got a staff and support that can not only go after these recruits, but can realistically land some. Our past coaches weren't seeing it differently, they just knew they would have to go a different route as they weren't landing so and so. A lot of recruits during those times wouldn't even consider us.

There's always going to be disagreements on who is ranked where and what not. That's how the recruiting services see it. They'd all basically agree on who is the top talent, etc. You'll have some lower ranked kids in every class, that's where coaches see something or they developed late or flew under the radar. Still, don't get it twisted, every coach will trust their evals, but talent is talent and the schools find it first.

Advertisement
So this kid has a commitment date set for a while.. the day before that date he says he's not committing that day and then basically shuts down all communication?

Strange.. hopefully he still commits today...

It’s definitely not one thing, it’s a combo of financial commitment and having the team to sell the vision. Winning helps certify the vision and as that develops it also becomes it own variable
Thank you

If it’s one thing that has been hard to read lately is all these black and white hot takes

People really living their lives like that is scary

Advertisement
So this kid has a commitment date set for a while.. the day before that date he says he's not committing that day and then basically shuts down all communication?

Strange.. hopefully he still commits today...
Actually he moved up his date to the 20th. I think it was originally today. Then he postponed it after moving it up lol It's been a weird week.

Actually he moved up his date to the 20th. I think it was originally today. Then he postponed it after moving it up lol It's been a weird week.

Moved it up from an August date to July 20th when people figured he wanted to be apart of a strong Miami recruiting weekend. Then cancels that date in the midst of recruiting momentum with others are going sideways.

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back