4-star S Kinchens puts Canes in top 5, talks next steps

View as article
Advertisement
Gotta say I used to hate on Banda but his Avantae win had me eating crow. If he gets Kitchens on top of that, I might start liking him.

Banda is a worker on the trail. I cant get mad at that...he goes hard recruiting regardless of the misses. We have some lazy guys and guys that generally dont understand recruiting on that defensive side.

Oi74BP.gif
Look at the white shoes.

Advertisement
Banda is solid if he lands this kid I’ll have to retract some statements I’ve made. Remember he got Francois to commit........twice lol. Getting a kid to commit once is hard enough man

I wouldn’t be quick to assume it’s us, JMO. The way Auburn is recruiting especially, who knows. I’m keeping a close eye on AUs 247 board to see what they have to say.
Please do. The early commitment is in opposition to the "I want to make sure they win"mindset. Makes me nervous that it's somebody else who is pressuring him to commit now to ensure spot.

Could be wrong, though. Banda does secure relationships and we may be telling him he's it for us at safety. If that's the case, I hope he is having some direct contact with Reed.

Please do. The early commitment is in opposition to the "I want to make sure they win"mindset. Makes me nervous that it's somebody else who is pressuring him to commit now to ensure spot.

Could be wrong, though. Banda does secure relationships and we may be telling him he's it for us at safety. If that's the case, I hope he is having some direct contact with Reed.

Was the first that that I thought about as well...

Advertisement
Then again, location/home is a biggie right now for most, certainly not all (see Hood), kids. Hmmmm. Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

On the bright side, if we get momentum with him and he pops, maybe Brinson is ours sooner rather than later.

Blindly optimistic ova here.

Idk about this one boys. If I had to give a guess right now, sounds like he's leaning towards AU, solely because they take football more serious than our program (players...excluding the 2020 incoming class) has thus showed. He might commit to AU or us in July, but ultimately I think he sticks with us if we have a winning season....we have to hit 10 wins this season.

Advertisement
ON TEXAS A&M:
“I haven’t been there yet but I am planning on going as soon as everything gets cleared up.”

ON WHAT HE LIKES ABOUT A&M:
“That virtual visit I took was really cool. Everything looked so nice. Seeing it all was kind of nice. I want to see it in person still, but this was nice for a first look. It really impressed me. Then, talking with Jimbo [Fisher] and the other coaches, it’s clear they know how they want to use me. They tell me everything I want to hear. I love it. Plus, they really talk about the business side of everything. With that new player likeness rule coming, they are into that. On the business side, everything is bigger in Texas.”

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Advertisement
Auburn loaded up on safeties last year, too. Took three if you include Tennison. He's playing S there, right? So depth chart might be on include footing there in terms of numbers. Plus, if he's it for us this cycle, it's really he and Avantae as the most talented two over 2020 and 2021. He can play early here.

Just hope the heat is HIGH right now, as the long game with J Williams and T Arnold will be beyond challenging....

Advertisement
Back