4-star S Kinchens puts Canes in top 5, talks next steps

View as article
Advertisement
Could Banda take over recruiting corners if he gets Kinchens?
I understand why people like to talk and complain about banda. But the high school coaches that have been interviewed either by cis or other outlets talk very highly of him. The reason he doesn’t land the elite local kids can be for a lot of reasons but it isn’t due to personality or lack of trying.
I know everyone calls him the bartender. But a bartender with no people skills has a name and it’s called broke. You want to make it as a bartender you gotta have personality. Not only that but his safeties have done pretty well too.

I understand why people like to talk and complain about banda. But the high school coaches that have been interviewed either by cis or other outlets talk very highly of him. The reason he doesn’t land the elite local kids can be for a lot of reasons but it isn’t due to personality or lack of trying.
I know everyone calls him the bartender. But a bartender with no people skills has a name and it’s called broke. You want to make it as a bartender you gotta have personality. Not only that but his safeties have done pretty well too.
I think it's because he runs his mouth on social media like Baez and Cooney acting like this team just won 11 games. You'd think that the last two seasons would humble you a bit and tone it down a bit. I do love his energy and he works his *** off. I think the safeties will be solid this year and Banda will pull in some nice recruits for us. I've been guilty of trashing him in the past but I've kept saying he won me over for now by grabbing guys like WIlliams and Harrell.

People hate him because he’s manny’s boy. They view him like Jon richt jr. he played college football and has done his job for most part. He has gotten us a bunch of 4 star kids

I think it's because he runs his mouth on social media like Baez and Cooney acting like this team just won 11 games. You'd think that the last two seasons would humble you a bit and tone it down a bit. I do love his energy and he works his *** off. I think the safeties will be solid this year and Banda will pull in some nice recruits for us. I've been guilty of trashing him in the past but I've kept saying he won me over for now by grabbing guys like WIlliams and Harrell.

That is the dumbest thing I have heard in my short time on this site.

Advertisement
I think it's because he runs his mouth on social media like Baez and Cooney acting like this team just won 11 games. You'd think that the last two seasons would humble you a bit and tone it down a bit. I do love his energy and he works his *** off.
Ya he should just go on social media and tell recruits we suck and they shouldn't come here......

Not gonna blame Banda for Francois. Francois still doesn’t know where he wants to go.

That’s fair but previous post was an odd example of credit towards Bandy. I look at results and in that case he didn’t close. Who cares if a kid committed 10x if he never signed with us?

Advertisement
This whole 'coaches shouldn't be on social media' schtick is one of the worst 'get off my lawn' takes on CIS in recent memory, right up there with the black cleat and pants above the knees crowd.

It's the coaches job to sell recruits on the brand, regardless of performance. Do you not think Rutgers or Boston College coaches aren't doing the same on social channels? You're essentially asking for the staff to sit around on their hands and hope recruits decide to come based on us going 6-7 last year? Good luck with that.

That’s fair but previous post was an odd example of credit towards Bandy. I look at results and in that case he didn’t close. Who cares if a kid committed 10x if he never signed with us?
The only criticism that I have with him in Francois's recruitment is they should have pulled his offer and cut off communication after the second decommit. You're not going to hit every guy, though preferably we would be hitting on more at CB.

Having Ed Reed in on the zoom call = Playing chess.
Sounds like Auburn is working their best leverage with KK. He said he loves the campus/town and the vibe of it, and how everyone in town is all about the program. When UM has the hype from a good record, the whole city comes out and has a vibe all it’s own.

Advertisement
The only criticism that I have with him in Francois's recruitment is they should have pulled his offer and cut off communication after the second decommit. You're not going to hit every guy, though preferably we would be hitting on more at CB.
That's what they need to do with Franklin if he bails again

Bartending is not an easy job. You need math skills, people skills, you need to stay organized, be able to focus in chaos, and stay cool in a myriad of situations. Your effort = what you make. Many very, very successful people bartended or waited tables when they were younger. If you have those skills, and ambition, you will probably do well in life.

Banda worked his *** off, bartending at night to pay his own way in the world and put himself through school.

"He tried out bartending and realized he was really good at it -- and that he could make enough money to cover the cost of his classes and living expenses."

I wonder how many of the people making fun of him for "bartending" when he was in college make half of what he's been able to do for his family? I wonder how many of them have his work ethic?

"But Banda was determined to still play college football. He got his chance in 2007, when he decided to walk on to a start-up program at Incarnate Word, a small school in San Antonio. He was 25. Because Banda was not on scholarship, he had to keep working his bartender job to pay his bills. 'I wasn't going to ask my dad or my mom,' Banda said. "I took out loans and what I couldn't pay, I had to make the money in the bar. Bartending was the only thing that was open at night after practice to make some decent money to pay the tuition."

You know how many of the most powerful figures in entertainment... I mean billionaires too, started out in the mailroom?

Anyone making fun of Banda for bartending his way while he earned his American dream is a straight up fool.

Last edited:
Bartending is not an easy job. You need math skills, people skills, you need to stay organized, be able to focus in chaos, and stay cool in a myriad of situations. Your effort = what you make. Many very, very successful people bartended or waited tables when they were younger. If you have those skills, and ambition, you will probably do well in life.

Banda worked his *** off, bartending at night to pay his own way in the world and put himself through school.

"He tried out bartending and realized he was really good at it -- and that he could make enough money to cover the cost of his classes and living expenses."

I wonder how many of the people making fun of him for "bartending" when he was in college make half of what he's been able to do for his family? I wonder how many of them have his work ethic?

"But Banda was determined to still play college football. He got his chance in 2007, when he decided to walk on to a start-up program at Incarnate Word, a small school in San Antonio. He was 25. Because Banda was not on scholarship, he had to keep working his bartender job to pay his bills. 'I wasn't going to ask my dad or my mom,' Banda said. "I took out loans and what I couldn't pay, I had to make the money in the bar. Bartending was the only thing that was open at night after practice to make some decent money to pay the tuition.""

You know how many of the most powerful figures in entertainment... I mean billionaires too, started out in the mailroom?

Anyone making fun of Banda for bartending his way while he earned his American dream is a straight up fool.

This!! People quick to make fun of him while criticizing players for poor work ethic. The irony is comical.

Advertisement
people talk **** about him not landing kids but if we dont win it's difficult. period

I don't think the bartending jokes are about him being a bartender, per se. It's a comment that he wasn't prepared to be a position coach at a program like Miami. But it's been 4 years now. So it's not a surprise to see Banda coming on strong given his work ethic.

That's why I don't have any issue with him NOW myself, even though I was frustrated with it a few years back. Our 7-6 and 6-7 records these past two seasons show that Miami shouldn't be tooling around with apprenticeships any more.

Nobody should ever be humble at UM.

Advertisement
Back