4-star S Gant sets trip to FSU, outlines his current UM recruitment

Gonna have to side with the staff on this one. Gant is one of those kids that clearly is not serious about coming to the U, but he wants our full attention. If you really want to come to the U, then come to Paradise.

Oh, and he wants to wait until NSD... Nope. Red ******* flag all the way.

Keep tabs on the kid because you never know how things will play out, but he's a soft chase -- I would not go hard for this kid at all.
I guess you and I are the only two who can read between his bull. So basically ride his **** even though we know he wants to go to FSU.... boy bye! and delete my # dawg!

Advertisement
I’ve been following your posts closely and with this one I’ve reached my final verdict.

You’re just another in a long line of fake insiders with no real information and nothing of value to add.

Case closed.

May God have mercy on your soul.

We typically don't agree, but you're spot on here. I still laugh when this guy said Dugans "was pressured" to offer a wide receiver and he couldn't define where the pressure was coming from.

IMO I'm 50/50 on this. I don't know if the coaches are being less oblivious to signs that a kid really isn't interested so they are slowing down contact with some of these croots because they've seen this movie before or if they're scared because of what happen with Jobe, Campbell, and Sustain. (I don't blame them TBH)

If they are going to look for guys who truly want to be Canes they need to cast a wider net or else we're just goin to end up with a Al-Golden era- esque CB room.

If it were me I would just take fast but underrated DBs from power house schools/SFL schools that fielded elite defenses. Those school typically recruit other HS kid to join their team because they're talented.

I would normally agree with you, but considering the reports about how lazy Kool was before he left it makes me think sometimes CMR is not running tight of a ship as some of you think

Kool was the exception. Simpson seems to be night and day different in this department.

Advertisement
I’ve been following your posts closely and with this one I’ve reached my final verdict.

You’re just another in a long line of fake insiders with no real information and nothing of value to add.

Case closed.

May God have mercy on your soul.

So I'm a fake insider because I'm repeating what they said post signing day?

So I'm a fake insider because I'm repeating what they said post signing day?
My man, I don't know you but the info you brought forward I appreciate it.

People on this board want info but as soon as they receive intel and it turnout to be wrong or they don't agree with the info provided they're ready to bash someone. I swear some of these people would rather have every single thread be on some bs instead of discussing the topic at hand.

This site is going to **** because of the bull****. The name calling needs to go. If y'all don't agree with Drewny1 cool but ****. I understand why everyone that has knowledge of a recruit or of the coaching staff don't want to share anymore because y'all would rather go in on someone then to take the info for what it is.

As for Gant maybe he is all FSU or maybe he has real interest in us. Believe what you want to believe. I'd rather be on this board recieving some tidbits on what's going on with recruiting instead of the bs that starts on every thread. If we're lucky we'll get 5 pages on a topic of great info and conversation before the bull**** starts.

For those that will bash me for this you can begin in 5,4,3,2,1

Honestly our entire recruiting philosophy needs to be changed. It's been either commit now or we moving on. Its July, we need to calm down with that **** before we end up with Plan B and C kids with a few local Plan A kid who would come to Miami no matter who the coach is.
Then you end up like Florida. Nah I think we good. Rather get a plan b or c than a plan nothing.

Advertisement
so We needed Mel Tucker’s recruiting ties to get a local kid thar was coached by a coach on our team? Got it.
Let the trolls come out in full force to tell us how we lose kids to schools that drop coin because we dont have magical ties? I’m sure Saban and his staff had real strong recruiting ties in Hawaii. CMR Brown Diaz and Rumph must have never ever been around sofla to know the inner workings of sofla recruiting. All the visits in the last decade to all the local schools, coaching visits and clinics they must have never ever picked up on anything.
So bring it guys let’s fuggng go! Who’s the guy that is magically going to bring in these sofla divas home?? Please tell me who’s going to have a kid turn down Tyson Campbell and Jobe money?
Let’s ask Kool if it was paisley pattern or prepy argyle ties that got Kevin Harris to bama? Cause Simpson seemed to have no kind of ties up in GA to pull Harris. I guarante Saban told kool “dude you don’t even have to leave the state, we’ll get whoever you want”. There’s is a machine that’s cranking up in the sec and some of these kids don’t care who the fugg is coaching or how many games we win. And they sure as **** know that the ncaa gives zero ffff’s about it. (See ole ****)
I’m just as frustrated as you guys and obviously I don’t have the answer.
These kids talk about lack of contact But end up just going to the highest bidder even if you act like a thirsty ho.
We’ve been played and used as bait too many times and this staff has had enough of it and must know who is in it for bags and who really wants to come here.
Darnell Wright tweets our staff about his Christmas cane t shirt but hasn’t come down once but has been everywhere else.
Sanders brother gets offered a schollie at ufag but he’s still going to Bama. But we couldn’t compete with uga giving a pwo to Holloman’s brother.
Tyler birdshot was throwing up the u like he was already on the team and then dips to go fill Carl’s ****.
We can keep drinking from that Florida 3 star fountain but sooner or later we need those studs to get us over the hump.
Go ahead and neg away and start dropping all these magical names with hypnotizing ties.

Because it's becoming clear we dont want to go to war for recruits. We just want kids that want to be Canes. Problem is some of these kids seem to want to be Canes more than the coaches want to fight for them which is sad.
Then you end up like Florida. Nah I think we good. Rather get a plan b or c than a plan nothing.
plan b and c ain’t going to beat a plan A from bama, clemson and what have you. Not always good to just settle, when bama miss on a guy will they settle? No

Because it's becoming clear we dont want to go to war for recruits. We just want kids that want to be Canes. Problem is some of these kids seem to want to be Canes more than the coaches want to fight for them which is sad.

This; and I’m hella co-signing on this. I was actually going to say it appears this staff is content w lower ranked guys who are happy to get a D1 scholly vs big time recruits everyone want.

Yes, we’ve won some battles; I won’t take away from winning over guys like Richards, Hall, Lingard, JT4. With that said, it appears our guys on O seem to be more like dogs on the trail than the def side of the ball. I just want Banda, Rumph, Diaz, Patke, and now Simpson to be just as aggressive and persuasive as Hartley, Dugans, Brown, and even Richt Jr (although I don’t always roll w his evals).

This; and I’m hella co-signing on this. I was actually going to say it appears this staff is content w lower ranked guys who are happy to get a D1 scholly vs big time recruits everyone want.

Yes, we’ve won some battles; I won’t take away from winning over guys like Richards, Hall, Lingard, JT4. With that said, it appears our guys on O seem to be more like dogs on the trail than the def side of the ball. I just want Banda, Rumph, Diaz, Patke, and now Simpson to be just as aggressive and persuasive as Hartley, Dugans, Brown, and even Richt Jr (although I don’t always roll w his evals).
That’s golden mentality and it’s not okay period. That is why I hated The comment Diaz made a few weeks back

The storm 18 class was excellent, that’s how we should be recruiting annually period. Nothing less. Recruiting matters and landing high quality guys are very important period . Anyone who says otherwise is sugar coating.

Advertisement
What I know is he has genuine interest in Miami but why go somewhere that barely speaks to you and the only time they speak to you is when you reach out. All the same time you see the same staff bending over backwards for Battle. Richt and the staff has already built a reputation of prioritizing Tri-County kids over everyone else. Is there isnt a Tri-County kid who is of equal or better talent then and only then do they go outside their borders.

I'll tell you this, If Gant was prioritized just as much as Battle, he is probably a Cane right now. The only reason why FSU has a leg up is they made him feel he is a priority not a second or third option like the Miami staff has.

**** the tri County. With UF in the gutter we need to lock down south of I4 again.

Advertisement
so We needed Mel Tucker’s recruiting ties to get a local kid thar was coached by a coach on our team? Got it.
Let the trolls come out in full force to tell us how we lose kids to schools that drop coin because we dont have magical ties? I’m sure Saban and his staff had real strong recruiting ties in Hawaii. CMR Brown Diaz and Rumph must have never ever been around sofla to know the inner workings of sofla recruiting. All the visits in the last decade to all the local schools, coaching visits and clinics they must have never ever picked up on anything.
So bring it guys let’s fuggng go! Who’s the guy that is magically going to bring in these sofla divas home?? Please tell me who’s going to have a kid turn down Tyson Campbell and Jobe money?
Let’s ask Kool if it was paisley pattern or prepy argyle ties that got Kevin Harris to bama? Cause Simpson seemed to have no kind of ties up in GA to pull Harris. I guarante Saban told kool “dude you don’t even have to leave the state, we’ll get whoever you want”. There’s is a machine that’s cranking up in the sec and some of these kids don’t care who the fugg is coaching or how many games we win. And they sure as **** know that the ncaa gives zero ffff’s about it. (See ole ****)
I’m just as frustrated as you guys and obviously I don’t have the answer.
These kids talk about lack of contact But end up just going to the highest bidder even if you act like a thirsty ho.
We’ve been played and used as bait too many times and this staff has had enough of it and must know who is in it for bags and who really wants to come here.
Darnell Wright tweets our staff about his Christmas cane t shirt but hasn’t come down once but has been everywhere else.
Sanders brother gets offered a schollie at ufag but he’s still going to Bama. But we couldn’t compete with uga giving a pwo to Holloman’s brother.
Tyler birdshot was throwing up the u like he was already on the team and then dips to go fill Carl’s ****.
We can keep drinking from that Florida 3 star fountain but sooner or later we need those studs to get us over the hump.
Go ahead and neg away and start dropping all these magical names with hypnotizing ties.

Basically.

I've been saying for a while now, if we ever want to get back on top we're going to have recruit 3 stars as well as the Wisconsin's, Michigan States, the VT because they've built competitive 10-win programs with recruits from non-hotbed. If we can execute that in Florida (establish a strong hold in Texas for QBs, OLs) We would never have to worry about recruiting again. If we're recruiting 3 stars as well as a Wisconsin we'd still have speed because this is still Florida recruits and most are typically fast even the lower rated ones.

Not only that, but the SEC's of the world would not be to fond of recruiting or throwing bags at a lot of our recruits or targets. Also, we're be able to get away with that method being in the ACC coastal. But, like I said, we have to actually execute it because not doing so could end up giving us another Shannon era. Granted Shannon did field some talented teams but just couldn't coach them to their full potential IMO.

IMO, it would be great if we were able to do this with that Butch Jones 28-30 commit class model. Jones use to sign about 30 a class reach should increase our hit ratio and if we put together a staff that can find underrated 3 stars like a Greg Rousseau, Perryman, Miller, or Garvin etc we'd be a serious problem since teams wouldn't be to fond taking chances on stealing players in our class.

Last edited:
Let's see where we stand after Paradise.... it's the true litmus test of who will be in or out!

Let's see where we stand after Paradise.... it's the true litmus test of who will be in or out!

I don’t think anything changes after Paradise. We’re on wait and see with the season. We may get some 2020/2021 commits, but we all know how that works, too.

Advertisement
Back