4-star DE Rawlins-Kibonge sees marketing potential at UM after new NCAA ruling

Advertisement
I'm curious why none of his home state schools are on his list? Have they offered? I'm not sold that this kid wants to leave the west coast.

His former HC is Oregon's Director of Player Personnel so they aren't allowed to recruit anyone from that school for 2 years. Had they hired him to be an actual position coach on the field, it would be different and they would be allowed but personnel staff member...no Bueno.

“I felt like I had to put them in, it’s my dream school,” Rawlins-Kibonge said. “My whole life, I’ve always dreamed about throwing up that U and getting the turnover chain. It’s just something I’ve looked at and evaluated. I’m an academic kid too, I thrive in situations where I can talk to the teacher and be 1-on-1, so it being a private school and the class sizes being on average around 20, from that standpoint, it’s a great place to thrive."

I think the first thing I ask myself is ‘What’s my dream? What do I want to do? How can I make this experience as close to what I’ve dreamt about for my whole entire life?’” Rawlins-Kibonge said. “So that’s the main thing I look at, and I just want to do what’s best for me, what’s best for my career and my future, and how I can enjoy this experience to the fullest."

👀🤔...

Sign him please. Don't make it more difficult than it needs to be, just sign him.
Kids going to blow up. He's Rousseau 2.0.

“I felt like I had to put them in, it’s my dream school,” Rawlins-Kibonge said. “My whole life, I’ve always dreamed about throwing up that U and getting the turnover chain. It’s just something I’ve looked at and evaluated. I’m an academic kid too, I thrive in situations where I can talk to the teacher and be 1-on-1, so it being a private school and the class sizes being on average around 20, from that standpoint, it’s a great place to thrive."

I think the first thing I ask myself is ‘What’s my dream? What do I want to do? How can I make this experience as close to what I’ve dreamt about for my whole entire life?’” Rawlins-Kibonge said. “So that’s the main thing I look at, and I just want to do what’s best for me, what’s best for my career and my future, and how I can enjoy this experience to the fullest."

👀🤔...

Sign him please. Don't make it more difficult than it needs to be, just sign him.
Hopefully we put our A Team on him.

F380CEE5-9C67-4B3E-BDCF-4BB2C2FE2DC1.jpeg
4B99A4F1-9EE8-4D81-8B1E-31B6803A76DA.jpeg

Advertisement
Football only it's not a question imo. Everything else from the alumni network to the prestige of the degree favors Stanford. But for a serious football player, Miami offers an opportunity to be showcased few can compare to, not to mention a very good degree. What Miami does for players and helping them graduate even after they leave is very unique and something I don't think a lot of schools do.
Stanford is definitely the gold standard academically, but Miami is no slouch either (ranked top 50). Of the big time football playing schools in large markets/ with top acamemics were in the top 5 with Stanford, USC, UCLA, and Texas.

Stanford is definitely the gold standard academically, but Miami is no slouch either (ranked top 50). Of the big time football playing schools in large markets/ with top acamemics were in the top 5 with Stanford, USC, UCLA, and Texas.
Miami is actually no longer top 50 and is now ranked dead even with FSU.

Advertisement
This isn’t 100% true. USA news ranking aren’t solely based on academics. There’s a bunch of factors. Miami is by far academically better than FSU and I would give the slight to Miami over Florida as well. I think as a football player going to a small private school would be less stressful because u get to know ur professors better and vice versa.

There are many ranking organizations.
Another ranking criteria is avg. ACT/SAT score and Miami is up there with the elite large football playing schools. FSU is not in the top tier.

This isn’t 100% true. USA news ranking aren’t solely based on academics. There’s a bunch of factors. Miami is by far academically better than FSU and I would give the slight to Miami over Florida as well. I think as a football player going to a small private school would be less stressful because u get to know ur professors better and vice versa.
Facts. I know many people who just graduated from FSU. Let’s just say their GPA’s are...inflated, and I still have a broader knowledge in our area of study.

Not gonna say you can’t go on to do well, but they’re not tested academically there because if they were, their graduation rate would be much lower.

FSU is improving, but soooo much goes into those rankings and only one of those things is academic rigor.

Advertisement
Not even close to being accurate
When someone says top 50, it is in reference to the US News rankings. The accuracy of those, relevancy, methodology, or what have you is debatable and a different conversation. However, in the context and perception of those rankings, it is absolutely accurate for this year at least.

I don’t actually think Miami and FSU are on par academically but I do think Miami’s stock has slipped under Frenk.

Advertisement
Facts. I know many people who just graduated from FSU. Let’s just say their GPA’s are...inflated, and I still have a broader knowledge in our area of study.

Not gonna say you can’t go on to do well, but they’re not tested academically there because if they were, their graduation rate would be much lower.

FSU is improving, but soooo much goes into those rankings and only one of those things is academic rigor.
U of F is more on par with Miami.

This kid is going to Stanford. And he already knows that's the pick. Hence us turning up the heat on the DE from Connecticut (TVD old teammate). We won't take 3 DEs this year, so if Ish is one, we got 1 spot left.

Advertisement
Back