4-star DE Rawlins-Kibonge sees marketing potential at UM after new NCAA ruling

Advertisement
“I felt like I had to put them in, it’s my dream school,” Rawlins-Kibonge said. “My whole life, I’ve always dreamed about throwing up that U and getting the turnover chain. It’s just something I’ve looked at and evaluated. I’m an academic kid too, I thrive in situations where I can talk to the teacher and be 1-on-1, so it being a private school and the class sizes being on average around 20, from that standpoint, it’s a great place to thrive."

I think the first thing I ask myself is ‘What’s my dream? What do I want to do? How can I make this experience as close to what I’ve dreamt about for my whole entire life?’” Rawlins-Kibonge said. “So that’s the main thing I look at, and I just want to do what’s best for me, what’s best for my career and my future, and how I can enjoy this experience to the fullest."

🤔...

Sign him please. Don't make it more difficult than it needs to be, just sign him.

You know making it easy isn’t an option 😀

Advertisement
Always thought SF was.
You're probably thinking of the fog, but even that is only part of the peninsula SF is on. California as a whole has been in an on and off drought for about 20 years, and some of the bigger wildfires have been just north of the bay in the wine region. I think this year SF is at 50% of its expected rainfall.

Always thought SF was.

SF is just foggy; but SF is it’s own situation, literally. It’s its own county & city. Lol. Palo Alto is on the other side. Even the surrounding cities like Emeryville, Oakland, San Mateo, etc don’t funk w SF weather. Lol.

Advertisement
He wants to get out of the cold (and Stanford is rainy and cold like Oregon). Bring him to the Sunshine and he's ours.
”Stanford is rainy and cold like Oregon.” Huh? Have you ever been on the Stanford campus? Some of the most beautiful weather in the US.

Rains there about 20” per year vs 80“ in Miami. Doesn’t rain at all between May and November. And, there’s no humidity....ever. It’s 85 degrees and sunny right now. Stanford is a 9 hour drive south of Eugene, Oregon, home of the Ducks.

i love Miami. But if weather is your criterion, Stanford wins hands down.

”Stanford is rainy and cold like Oregon.” Huh? Have you ever been on the Stanford campus? Some of the most beautiful weather in the US.

Rains there about 20” per year vs 80“ in Miami. Doesn’t rain at all between May and November. And, there’s no humidity....ever. It’s 85 degrees and sunny right now. Stanford is a 9 hour drive south of Eugene, Oregon, home of the Ducks.

i love Miami. But if weather is your criterion, Stanford wins hands down.
Didn't know. Assumed since since its near SF and I froze my *** off in SF once when I was there in July back in the 80s that it would be similar.

When someone says top 50, it is in reference to the US News rankings. The accuracy of those, relevancy, methodology, or what have you is debatable and a different conversation. However, in the context and perception of those rankings, it is absolutely accurate for this year at least.

I don’t actually think Miami and FSU are on par academically but I do think Miami’s stock has slipped under Frenk.

There was another ranking that came out recently and had Miami at #38. UF was #36. I think UNC was #37. FSU was way down on the list. Personally I think for as much as it costs, Miami has no excuse for not being in the top 25. Frenk needs to be replaced.

Advertisement
We just got ranked Top 40 and FSU is 85th
There was another ranking that came out recently and had Miami at #38. UF was #36. I think UNC was #37. FSU was way down on the list. Personally I think for as much as it costs, Miami has no excuse for not being in the top 25. Frenk needs to be replaced.
The problem Miami will always run into with the US News is the same as Tulane, where I went for undergrad. Too many kids get too ****ed up their first year and either their parents yank them or they flunk out. Tulane made a huge push towards that metric. However, by nature of being in Miami it will always be higher than other places.

However, I do agree and it is not really a should be higher... Miami has to at least be where they were under Shalala to validate their tuition cost.

The problem Miami will always run into with the US News is the same as Tulane, where I went for undergrad. Too many kids get too ****ed up their first year and either their parents yank them or they flunk out. Tulane made a huge push towards that metric. However, by nature of being in Miami it will always be higher than other places.

However, I do agree and it is not really a should be higher... Miami has to at least be where they were under Shalala to validate their tuition cost.

Yeah I probably didnt help the law school's stats much when I almost flunked out after my 1L year. College was a a four year party (I could have graduated in 3, but why spoil all the fun?) I barely remember most of it. Thank God the #MeToo movement hadn't started in the late 90s.

Turns out you actually have to study in law school! Fortunately I figured it out by the end, but that 1st year was brutal. Knew multiple people that dropped after 1st year which must have hurt the stats a lot.

Yeah I probably didnt help the law school's stats much when I almost flunked out after my 1L year. College was a a four year party (I could have graduated in 3, but why spoil all the fun?) I barely remember most of it. Thank God the #MeToo movement hadn't started in the late 90s.

Turns out you actually have to study in law school! Fortunately I figured it out by the end, but that 1st year was brutal. Knew multiple people that dropped after 1st year which must have hurt the stats a lot.
You and me both with 1L year at Miami.

Advertisement
Most recent rankings by the Business Insider who looks soley at Academics and not the general college experience like the USA rankings.

NYU at 11, UCLA at 6 and Berkeley at 4 tell me all I need to know about these rankings

Didn't know. Assumed since since its near SF and I froze my *** off in SF once when I was there in July back in the 80s that it would be similar.

No problem, Glade. The weather in the SF Bay Area is truly unique. It’s all about micro climates due to unusual geographic topography: Here, TMI, Ex.

* in the summer, SF is usually the coolest temperature city in the US, eg 58-74 degrees max. Reason? Pacific coastal fog is legendary in June, blanketing SF, Pebble Beach, Monterey, Santa Monica, etc. In the winter, those same areas are much the same at 58-68, some of the warmest parts of the US.

* south and north of SF, the coastal mountains block the fog, creating pockets of pleasant warmth. Ex. Palo Alto, 85, today; Napa, 95 today, Oakland, 82 today.

* east of Oakland beyond the cooling aspects of SF Bay are more hills creating more microclimates. This is where Ken Dorsey, DJ Williams and Kyle Wright are from. 100 degrees today.

* in July, people can commute from 30 miles east of SF to SF and experience a 30 degree difference in that same day...with no difference in altitude. 60 in SF, 90 at your home.

Sorry for so much detail. You can chose your home by choosing your preferred climate. Amazing.

No problem, Glade. The weather in the SF Bay Area is truly unique. It’s all about micro climates due to unusual geographic topography: Here, TMI, Ex.

* in the summer, SF is usually the coolest temperature city in the US, eg 58-74 degrees max. Reason? Pacific coastal fog is legendary in June, blanketing SF, Pebble Beach, Monterey, Santa Monica, etc. In the winter, those same areas are much the same at 58-68, some of the warmest parts of the US.

* south and north of SF, the coastal mountains block the fog, creating pockets of pleasant warmth. Ex. Palo Alto, 85, today; Napa, 95 today, Oakland, 82 today.

* east of Oakland beyond the cooling aspects of SF Bay are more hills creating more microclimates. This is where Ken Dorsey, DJ Williams and Kyle Wright are from. 100 degrees today.

* in July, people can commute from 30 miles east of SF to SF and experience a 30 degree difference in that same day...with no difference in altitude. 60 in SF, 90 at your home.

Sorry for so much detail. You can chose your home by choosing your preferred climate. Amazing.
And that probably has something to do with Sonoma producing such tasty wines.

This kid is going to Stanford. And he already knows that's the pick. Hence us turning up the heat on the DE from Connecticut (TVD old teammate). We won't take 3 DEs this year, so if Ish is one, we got 1 spot left.
Didnt tvd teammate just committ to meeechhhigan!!

Advertisement
Back