4-Star DE And FSU Commit Mike Morris Is High On Miami

Here is the scoop from the FSU side of things. Morris has been told he is not going to ever play defensive end at FSU. Taggart and staff do not think he is an FSU caliber DE. They want him to put on weight and become an offensive tackle. They invited him to their big camp which is also on July 28th. Right now, FSU is not counting on having him or needing him in their class.

Thanks for that update. Great job.

That really clarifies things and crystallizes the recruiting picture.

The question then becomes is he a good enough prospect at defensivd tackle? Or do our coaches think he is?

Advertisement
Here is the scoop from the FSU side of things. Morris has been told he is not going to ever play defensive end at FSU. Taggart and staff do not think he is an FSU caliber DE. They want him to put on weight and become an offensive tackle. They invited him to their big camp which is also on July 28th. Right now, FSU is not counting on having him or needing him in their class.

And for the readers out there, this is an actual scoop, not a fake scoop, like that hipster fake pretend bullshltter we have posting here.

Sounds like if he weren't a legacy, FSU would already be out of it. I don't understand their beef with him. A 6'6 - 260 lb, unanimous 4* legacy, who is already committed. And they don't want him? Why in the **** not?!
His film wasn’t that impressive to me. Got great size n decent athleticism tho

Advertisement
Advertisement

Correct, as I mentioned previously in this thread, he's not going to FSU. Only a matter of time before he decommits. They're recruiting him as an OL only and he wants to play defense. He will not end up signing with FSU. Right now my money is on Michigan or Miami, but Miami should be recruiting him with the premise they're going to bulk him up to 280-290 and he will play DT.

I can see him flipping, honestly. He and Fuller are two individuals from FSU I can see flipping to us. Honestly, after this season, I really don’t see FSU being a factor too much longer. Taggart is going to trick off the keys to the Porsche for a Toyota Yaris. (And if any of ya’ll have a Yaris, it’s a fine automobile, just not a Porsche)

what info is out there about Fuller that has some thinking he's a possible flip to Miami?

Sounds like if he weren't a legacy, FSU would already be out of it. I don't understand their beef with him. A 6'6 - 260 lb, unanimous 4* legacy, who is already committed. And they don't want him? Why in the **** not?! One man's loss is another man's gain I guess.

Because he wants to play DE and he's not an elite prospect there. Go watch the film. IMO that's not a Miami/FSU caliber DE. Watch Joe Jackson's HS film, watch Jon Garvin's HS film, then watch this one. One of these things is not like the other.

With Morris I see a prospect with an elite frame and very good coordination and functional athleticism for his size. He never seems like he's laboring to move around or lumbering. He's got some nice pop to him. He's also been producing in a major way since his freshman year of HS (double digit sacks and 20+ tfls reported as a freshman). Between his frame and his baby face, I see a dude that's dominating with a body that's not even close to what it will be in 2 years.

I think he can add a lot of good weight and muscle without losing any of his mobility/athleticism (and maybe even enhancing it).

I'm higher on him than I am on Derick Hunter (even if he was mature and stable-minded) and Quashon Fuller.

Advertisement
If he plays in the NFL one day it’ll be as a OL imo. Not saying he can’t be a rotational type DT at Miami, his biggest upside is at OL.

Correct, as I mentioned previously in this thread, he's not going to FSU. Only a matter of time before he decommits. They're recruiting him as an OL only and he wants to play defense. He will not end up signing with FSU. Right now my money is on Michigan or Miami, but Miami should be recruiting him with the premise they're going to bulk him up to 280-290 and he will play DT.

Dude is going to get to 290 without even trying. He's already playing mostly DT in HS. He has to know he's a future DT. If you have some info indicating he is only interested in playing DE, please share.

There's nothing I've seen that leads me to believe he's being recruited by us to be anything but a DT. And I welcome him into our class with open arms.

It's also apparent our coaching staff is high on him as he was invited to and attended Miami Nights

Because he wants to play DE and he's not an elite prospect there. Go watch the film. IMO that's not a Miami/FSU caliber DE. Watch Joe Jackson's HS film, watch Jon Garvin's HS film, then watch this one. One of these things is not like the other.

Gotcha. Figured he would eventually move to DT since he's already 260 lbs.

Advertisement
Sounds like if he weren't a legacy, FSU would already be out of it. I don't understand their beef with him. A 6'6 - 260 lb, unanimous 4* legacy, who is already committed. And they don't want him? Why in the **** not?! One man's loss is another man's gain I guess.
When Taggart is fired I guaranteed this miss will be pointed at frequently. You can't turn away legit prospects who are legacies. And I aint talking Ray Lewis III here. Bad for business.

Typical FSU... they are always "dropping" a guy that is going to flip esp one that flips to Miami. Bradley Jennings, Patrick Joyner out of the last 2 classes were also "dropped."

Advertisement
Back