4-star CB Markevious Brown close to cutting list, talks UM

View as article
Advertisement
I think Rumph has already landed two of those guys in Burns and Curtis. Certainly Burns fits the Samuels bill. But he needs to land the big game, too. We've gotten them at DT, DE, and S. Rumph and Patke are 0 for at LB and CB. They get the next level, kids that deserve to be at Miami no doubt. I absolutely love guys like Brooks, Chase Smith and Couch. But they just don't get the elite guys.
Other than Nesta, we haven't gotten the elite guys until this year. Brooks may have been elite except for his injury. He seems to be back to his own self. But there's always a risk. I remember Jelani Hamilton. He never seemed the same after his.

This threads long af and been around forever but there’s almost no updates or opinions on the kids ability at all. Must be the Rumph factor

Advertisement
As far as CB goes, we only have one proven guy, low numbers, and in the last two classes, we’re getting two guys who are transitioning into the position. Not good enough, IMO
The other positions get there top targets at the position...**** stars. If we have a top target kid that is a 2 star and get him thats what it is.

You looking at stars..us recruiting veterans know EVERY year we are getting are third and fourth options and hitting a hail mary the last weeks in recruiting at that position on a prayer.

spank wwe raw GIF

Year 4 in the trail for Mike - same result!

Advertisement
The other positions get there top targets at the position...**** stars. If we have a top target kid that is a 2 star and get him thats what it is.

You looking at stars..us recruiting veterans know EVERY year we are getting are third and fourth options and hitting a hail mary the last weeks in recruiting at that position on a prayer.
Yeah and I'm sure a huge reason we get those last minute big names is simply because they know they have less to compete with since we strike out on everyone else. So we create an attractive environment last minute, by sucking. So even less credit is due for those "wins" imo.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but wasn’t the man in such a bad place psychologically that he actually required therapy / counseling at one point due to all of his recruiting failures and subsequent lack of confidence?

I wonder what the hold up with him Is? I wonder if he's trying to land a bigger offer considering he's among the few remaining uncommitted quality CBs

I wonder what the hold up with him Is? I wonder if he's trying to land a bigger offer considering he's among the few remaining uncommitted quality CBs
I understand the fact that recruits need to do their due diligence. However, I don’t sense that the hold up with Brown pulling the trigger is a Positive sign for Miami! In recent several weeks we had a Wave of enormous recruiting Momentum with very few spots left and it would’ve been a perfect time for Brown to pop for Miami. Maybe we eventually get him, the Wait imo doesn’t bode well for Miami.

Advertisement
I understand the fact that recruits need to do their due diligence. However, I don’t sense that the hold up with Brown pulling the trigger is a Positive sign for Miami! In recent several weeks we had a Wave of enormous recruiting Momentum with very few spots left and it would’ve been a perfect time for Brown to pop for Miami. Maybe we eventually get him, the Wait imo doesn’t bode well for Miami.
I hear you, but he hasn’t committed to VTech either.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but wasn’t the man in such a bad place psychologically that he actually required therapy / counseling at one point due to all of his recruiting failures and subsequent lack of confidence?
He took some classes to see what techniques he can use to improve his recruiting skills. Not because he was depressed or something

Advertisement
Watch Rumph strike out again. When will we cut this anchor loose from the program? Whatever tho, not going to spend a cent on sports this year so who cares. Moving forward, we need a good CB/Secondary coach.

I would love to see the racial demographics of the people who believe Rumph is not the problem, and should be absolved of responsibility, when it comes to this program's woeful CB recruiting.

It's absolutely astonishing to me that despite the fact he strikes out on 2 & 3 star FLA CBs on a yearly basis, we still have people in this fanbase who continue to try to suck the skin off the head of his dyck like Skelator. These dummies don't seem to understand that current MIA CB recruiting is as bad as it's ever been in the last 40 yrs. They don't understand that even Paul Williams was able to recruit a 5 star CB to MIA. He accomplished this feat despite coaching in one of the worst defenses in program history. In fact all of Rumph's best CBs were Golden recruits. Like Corn & M.Jack.

I don't believe the only reason why a segment of this fanbase blindly supports the biggest liability & weakness on this staff bar none, is because he's a former player & alum. I think that reason is too simplistic, and there's a deeper underlying reason for why thats the case. Smh

Last edited:
I would love to see the racial demographics of the people who believe Rumph is not the problem, and should be absolved of responsibility, when it comes to this program's woeful CB recruiting.

It's absolutely astonishing to me that despite the fact he strikes out on 2 & 3 star FLA CBs on a yearly basis, we still have people in this fanbase who continue to try to suck the skin off his dyck's head like Skelatore. These dummies don't seem to understand that current MIA CB recruiting is as bad as it's ever been in the last 40 yrs. They don't understand that even Paul Williams was able to recruit a 5 star CB to MIA. He accomplished this feat despite coaching in one of the worst defenses in program history. In fact all of Rumph's best CBs were Golden recruits. Like Corn & M.Jack.

I don't believe the only reason why a segment of this fanbase blindly supports the biggest liability & weakness on this staff bar none, is because he's a former player & alum. I think that reason is too simplistic, and there's a deeper underlying reason for why thats the case. Smh
Give Rumph some blue-blood bags and he's James Coley 2.0

Advertisement
Back