4-star CB Markevious Brown close to cutting list, talks UM

View as article
Advertisement
you think we'll drop Burns? What about Curtis?

I dont think so.

But this staff is weird at cb in that every year they drop off a guy they get an early commit from. Ths year maybe different with football up in the air and the need at the position though

No man, no one gets quiet. Patrick Surtain Jr., Tyson Campbell, Jaden Davis, John Dixon, Jarvis Brownlee, Asante Samuel Jr., CJ Henderson, Marco Wilson, James Wiggins.

Corners that Banda had to recruit because why would you put Rumph on them...Kaiir Elam.

Breh...idk what to tell you...he stinks. He's missed out on a lot. Did he have to get ALL of them? No. But, for fvcks sake, ONE and we'd be signing a different tune about the guy. He coached and knew some of these kids since they were like 12. C'mon now.

I can't speak on the others, but you're really gonna put Campbell and Surtain as misses? These are high 4/5 star national recruits and he somehow should have convinced them to stay here when we're losing to friggin' FIU (or whatever sh*tty teams we've lost to the last several years)? That's just unrealistic and unfair expectations.

This is like the various shoe companies trying to sign an athlete to their brand. We're not Nike or Adidas. At this point, we're like Reebok. A once hot brand that has since faded. We simply don't have the resources or the appeal to mix with the big boys consistently until we start winning again, at which point, **** yeah, I expect us to pull these guys. But now, nah.

Advertisement
I dont think so.

But this staff is weird at cb in that every year they drop off a guy they get an early commit from. Ths year maybe different with football up in the air and the need at the position though

I also think more recruits than ever are committing as placeholders. We will absolutely see some recruits drop us if our record is bad. Conversely, if our record is good, some recruits who had committed elsewhere will be asking in, and we may need to shuffle the deck somewhat. But it won't necessarily be a CB for a CB. Just need to get the verbals now and let it play itself out.

I also think more recruits than ever are committing as placeholders. We will absolutely see some recruits drop us if our record is bad. Conversely, if our record is good, some recruits who had committed elsewhere will be asking in, and we may need to shuffle the deck somewhat. But it won't necessarily be a CB for a CB. Just need to get the verbals now and let it play itself out.

Exactly.

-Hence i think our CB board should be pretty big currently.

A guy like Tim Burns likely wont drop us. But alot of our main targets could fall off or new ones pop up.

I think ive seen they have a top cb n GA at the top of the board..along wth Markevious Brown. I would have the Gonzalez kid out of the treasure coast, as well as guys like Mchgee (Pensacola), Tommi Hill (Orlando Edgewater) Duce Chesnut (Camden Nj)

If Fsu bombs i would try to flip Knowles too but that 1 is going to be tough

Advertisement
7432BED8-51BE-4A2F-A82E-462B70DD6FD7.jpeg
I know the fam is big canes fans but still good to see

Advertisement
Question for LCE or anyone else familiar w Brown’s recruitment. Does the fact that UF just lost that CB to Boston College make them a player in Brown’s recruitment? I’m asking because I recall LCE posting that we may be in the driver’s seat for Brown due to other teams not having more room at CB.

Thank god this thread finally got back on track. We get it..everyone hates Rumph and he can’t recruit. Must every thread on a CB get hijacked with the same “Doesnt matter, we arent getting player XYZ anyway because Rumph sucks at recruiting” and then away we go with 8+ pages of Rumph talk. Get over it..Manny has “his guys” on the defensive staff and Rumph is one of them. At this point you should be tired of beating that dead horse. We are in year 4..hes not going anywhere.

Back to MBrown..

Advertisement
Thank god this thread finally got back on track. We get it..everyone hates Rumph and he can’t recruit. Must every thread on a CB get hijacked with the same “Doesnt matter, we arent getting player XYZ anyway because Rumph sucks at recruiting” and then away we go with 8+ pages of Rumph talk. Get over it..Manny has “his guys” on the defensive staff and Rumph is one of them. At this point you should be tired of beating that dead horse. We are in year 4..hes not going anywhere.

Back to MBrown..

Agreed.

And if things remain slow, I suspect we will see more “beating the dead horse” pro / con Robert Knowles comments; those are usually good for at least 50 posts.

I dont think so.

But this staff is weird at cb in that every year they drop off a guy they get an early commit from.

Yup like clockwork...It's like Rumph, Diaz, whoever...Have had no idea what they want at the position. What's worse they usually have no idea how to manage their board and backup plans.

Hopefully this changes.

Last edited:
If the staff pulled this kid, they deserve a raise...

I've heard he wants to go to Bama, but he's not a take for them & he's pretty high on UF as well but he may not be a take for them either. Tenn & Va Tech are on him too. If Auburn doesn't get McKinstry (who they lead for) I wouldn't be shocked if they doubled back & went after Markevious.

If we got a verbal from this kid, I highly doubt he would stick, kid is future decommit waiting to happen.

The fact we putting Patke on'em to me is an indactor we don't really want him that bad, which is understandable because he's a game player & his recruitment would be nothing short of a classic South Fla drama filled roller coaster.

I have no issue with us recruiting him, just don't bet the house on him, he's a kid you recruit at arms length, basically you put the ball in his court & tell him if you want in we'll take you, but if you wanna play games we won't waste much time on you.

Omarion Cooper should be the #1 priority at CB IMO, if we can get him that'll be the biggest get at CB we've had in the Diaz era, that kid's upside is special. Go all out for Cooper, throw the kitchen sink at him, just get'em.
Wait a minute. The staff deserves a raise if they pull thus kid. Except he’s not a take for Bama or UFag. No sir. We need to be getting the 5 stars before anyone gets raises. The staff gets Taylor and Williams they deserve a raise. The staff on defense has been here forever. No excuses.

I can't speak on the others, but you're really gonna put Campbell and Surtain as misses? These are high 4/5 star national recruits and he somehow should have convinced them to stay here when we're losing to friggin' FIU (or whatever sh*tty teams we've lost to the last several years)? That's just unrealistic and unfair expectations.

This is like the various shoe companies trying to sign an athlete to their brand. We're not Nike or Adidas. At this point, we're like Reebok. A once hot brand that has since faded. We simply don't have the resources or the appeal to mix with the big boys consistently until we start winning again, at which point, **** yeah, I expect us to pull these guys. But now, nah.
Yes, they are misses. We recruited them hard until the end and lost them.

We hadn’t lost to FIU at that point. We were actually coming off our best season in almost 15 years when we were recruiting them.

Advertisement
Back