4-star CB Markevious Brown close to cutting list, talks UM

View as article
If the staff pulled this kid, they deserve a raise...

I've heard he wants to go to Bama, but he's not a take for them & he's pretty high on UF as well but he may not be a take for them either. Tenn & Va Tech are on him too. If Auburn doesn't get McKinstry (who they lead for) I wouldn't be shocked if they doubled back & went after Markevious.

If we got a verbal from this kid, I highly doubt he would stick, kid is future decommit waiting to happen.

The fact we putting Patke on'em to me is an indactor we don't really want him that bad, which is understandable because he's a game player & his recruitment would be nothing short of a classic South Fla drama filled roller coaster.

I have no issue with us recruiting him, just don't bet the house on him, he's a kid you recruit at arms length, basically you put the ball in his court & tell him if you want in we'll take you, but if you wanna play games we won't waste much time on you.

Omarion Cooper should be the #1 priority at CB IMO, if we can get him that'll be the biggest get at CB we've had in the Diaz era, that kid's upside is special. Go all out for Cooper, throw the kitchen sink at him, just get'em.
Are we in the game for Cooper or are we a real longshot for him ?

Advertisement
Are we in the game for Cooper or are we a real longshot for him ?
We offered him back in late March & he said he was interested in us, because he had visited multiple times before.

But Coach Chaney at Lehigh is a former Nole he & may be pushing him to FSU behind the scenes, plus I believe he's close with Omarion's dad.

Our best bet is to hope that his relationship was better with the Taggart staff & not the current FSU coaches.

Omarion said everything's wide open with his recruitment & he doesn't have a leader right now, but who knows how that goes.

I just hope we apply as much pressure as possible & contact the kid every day, make it as hard a fight as we can & maybe we snag him.

We offered him back in late March & he said he was interested in us, because he had visited multiple times before.

But Coach Chaney at Lehigh is a former Nole he & may be pushing him to FSU behind the scenes, plus I believe he's close with Omarion's dad.

Our best bet is to hope that his relationship was better with the Taggart staff & not the current FSU coaches.

Omarion said everything's wide open with his recruitment & he doesn't have a leader right now, but who knows how that goes.

I just hope we apply as much pressure as possible & contact the kid every day, make it as hard a fight as we can & maybe we snag him.
Thanks , brother. God willing we land him .

Can you explain to us how our corners aren’t trash? Do they have good technique?, are they physical?, or do they tackle well in the open field? Any that doesn’t make sound like a 16 year old?

The Sun Sentinel doesn't agree with you and says hi, call them!

Advertisement
Advertisement
We good at corner, the thing about coach rumph, he recruits and coaches just like we play at the crib, we don't give a ***** who we got, we go in knowing we still gone beat the other team no matter who they got. Coach rumph has confidence in himself and whoever is in the db room, that they will get the job done and he instills that same confidence in his players. I can careless about who comes in or who don't, as long as coach rumph is the db coach, we in Great hands over their!
:jordan:

Brown (6-0, 170) was on a Zoom call with the Miami staff Tuesday and told InsideTheU that he’s been talking with cornerbacks coach Mike Rumph, outside linebackers coach and co-defensive coordinator Jonthan Patke, assistant director of recruiting DeMarcus Van Dyke and head coach Manny Diaz.

“They’re being real with me,” Brown said. “I’m very impressed with coach Rumph.”

Brown is also “extremely high” on the Hurricanes style of defense, which plays aggressively and allows the corners to play a lot of man-to-man.

The rising senior camped at UM last summer and the Coral Gables and Miami area left a lasting impression on the defensive back.

“I love the city,” Brown said. “I love everything that Miami has to offer.”

Brown had some talented guys ahead of him on an IMG Academy team that went 9-1 and finished ranked No. 8 in the MaxPreps Xcellent 25, including five-star Elias Ricks, who signed with LSU, and Ohio State signee Lejond Cavazos.

Now, as a senior, Brown envisions a bigger role for himself in the Ascenders defense,

“I’m coming in to start and play,” Brown said.

The defensive back is close with Miami freshman wide receiver Michael Redding III, saying he’s “like a brother” to him. The two would face off against one another often during practice.

“It was fun, it was competitive,” Brown said. “Actually me and him paired up a lot in practice, so it was kind of like me against him every day.”

Brown (6-0, 170) was on a Zoom call with the Miami staff Tuesday and told InsideTheU that he’s been talking with cornerbacks coach Mike Rumph, outside linebackers coach and co-defensive coordinator Jonthan Patke, assistant director of recruiting DeMarcus Van Dyke and head coach Manny Diaz.

“They’re being real with me,” Brown said. “I’m very impressed with coach Rumph.”

Brown is also “extremely high” on the Hurricanes style of defense, which plays aggressively and allows the corners to play a lot of man-to-man.

The rising senior camped at UM last summer and the Coral Gables and Miami area left a lasting impression on the defensive back.

Brown had some talented guys ahead of him on an IMG Academy team that went 9-1 and finished ranked No. 8 in the MaxPreps Xcellent 25, including five-star Elias Ricks, who signed with LSU, and Ohio State signee Lejond Cavazos.

Now, as a senior, Brown envisions a bigger role for himself in the Ascenders defense,

The defensive back is close with Miami freshman wide receiver Michael Redding III, saying he’s “like a brother” to him. The two would face off against one another often during practice.

“It was fun, it was competitive,” Brown said. “Actually me and him paired up a lot in practice, so it was kind of like me against him every day.”
Would be a huge pull for Rumph if we landed him.

🙏🏾

giphy.gif

First time ive ever seen this stated. Rumph is turning it up, sounds like we got a great chance with this one.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Is it safe to assume that the "Rumph surge" has a lot to do with DVD and Reed?

Advertisement
Back