4-star CB Markevious Brown close to cutting list, talks UM

View as article
I don't think anyone will deny that about Banda, but when you try to s**t on Rumph when this kid clearly likes him, Christian Williams liked him, Dunson also liked him, and he constantly puts 4 Star Recruits on the field that's when it gets blurry in here. One dude even said "he never heard a recruit say he liked Rumph". Yet, This kid clearly speaks highly of him. You can hate anyone you want, but stick to the facts.

Number 1 fact: Surtain and Campbell were never coming here with or without Rumph.
Look, Rump got Christian Williams here. Same as Dunson. The reality is i heard Surtains pops was expecting a gig at Bama so we never had a chance and everyone saw TC was all UGA. Honestly, TC has been Matthew Thomas so far, he hasnt produced like a 5 star. It could change but we have gotten more out of Al Blades at this point that UGA has TC.

Advertisement
Look, Rump got Christian Williams here. Same as Dunson. The reality is i heard Surtains pops was expecting a gig at Bama so we never had a chance and everyone saw TC was all UGA. Honestly, TC has been Matthew Thomas so far, he hasnt produced like a 5 star. It could change but we have gotten more out of Al Blades at this point that UGA has TC.

Now, You opened up another can of worms. Everyone was **** bent on Campbell, but ummm yeah like you said dude is looking real suspect. Time will tell, but yeah I'm not impressed so far... Blades over both and the stats/data proves that. I wanted Rumph to get Samuels Jr, The Oklahoma kid Davis I think his name is, and The Coconut Creek kid Mullen. Other than that I'm satisfied with CB play.

Now, You opened up another can of worms. Everyone was **** bent on Campbell, but ummm yeah like you said dude is looking real suspect. Time will tell, but yeah I'm not impressed so far... Blades over both and the stats/data proves that. I wanted Rumph to get Samuels Jr, The Oklahoma kid Davis I think his name is, and The Coconut Creek kid Mullen. Other than that I'm satisfied with CB play.
couch and williams can be very good. Alot of kids that spurned us turn out to be busts going back to the RB's who went to UF, Bryant, Six, etc.
Blades is viewed by most coaches in the conference as one of the best cb's in the ACC. I think manny is trying to be more miami speed with richt gone now. richt was more UGA mindset.

Trashing and defending Rumph is fun and all. But back to Brown for a moment. How good is this guy? His HUDL and Maxpreps highlights are underwhelming. And he doesn't look 6' on film.

I know 247 says he was an Under Armour Future 50 kid. But has anyone seen him play? Does anyone know his real height, shuttle and 40?

I don't think anyone will deny that about Banda, but when you try to s**t on Rumph when this kid clearly likes him, Christian Williams liked him, Dunson also liked him, and he constantly puts 4 Star Recruits on the field that's when it gets blurry in here. One dude even said "he never heard a recruit say he liked Rumph". Yet, This kid clearly speaks highly of him. You can hate anyone you want, but stick to the facts.

Number 1 fact: Surtain and Campbell were never coming here with or without Rumph.

That dude was me....Rumph basically got those dudes almost by default or found a favorable situation that was easy for us...I think Rumph can coach but who has he actually won in recruiting...Im talking a real win where there was another school that seemed like a possibility

Advertisement
That dude was me....Rumph basically got those dudes almost by default or found a favorable situation that was easy for us...I think Rumph can coach but who has he actually won in recruiting...Im talking a real win where there was another school that seemed like a possibility

We could certainly upgrade our CB recruiting, but there are 110 other schools in the country who'd gladly trade their last 4 CB classes with ours. We have bigger issues to solve in recruiting at OL, LB, DT and QB (my opinion)

Yup. Why waste Rumph right?
A few of the Miami YouTubers have said that Rumph isn't the main recruiter for any of the CBs. They said Banda is the main recruiter for all the DBs and then it falls to the regional recruiter. They said that this was the deal when he began his coaching career at UM. I don't know why this is the case, but that's what they're saying.

Assuming what was said is correct, we can't blame Rumph if he's not involved in the recruiting process for his own DBs.

Last edited:
Who f'n cares who else was recruiting him! We get/got who were gonna get so what if bama didn't want him as far as db go if lsu, taint, and on a smaller level wisky want a kid at db then we in biznezz!

Advertisement
Who f'n cares who else was recruiting him! We get/got who were gonna get so what if bama didn't want him as far as db go if lsu, taint, and on a smaller level wisky want a kid at db then we in biznezz!

You gotta win recruiting battles, CB is one of the positions we continue to not win on...we'll see how the room continues to develop but as of right now we only have Blades the rest is to be seen

You gotta win recruiting battles, CB is one of the positions we continue to not win on...we'll see how the room continues to develop but as of right now we only have Blades the rest is to be seen
Ok, i see what your saying! But let's remember last year was there first year starting so if blades played bad last year would u be saying the same thing? We were 50/50 on starting cb's last year who were in there first year it could've been 0 f4 2 lets not rush to judgement till we see watz up this year.

Ok, i see what your saying! But let's remember last year was there first year starting so if blades played bad last year would u be saying the same thing? We were 50/50 on starting cb's last year who were in there first year it could've been 0 f4 2 lets not rush to judgement till we see watz up this year.

I agree and I do like Rumph the teacher so far so hopefully one of these guys like Christian Williams takes that step

I agree and I do like Rumph the teacher so far so hopefully one of these guys like Christian Williams takes that step
Actually, i believe the only reason rumph hasn't been fired is because he is an alumni and he can teach da position, plus he played in da league, But i like williams also but i think ivey steps his game up this year. even though we lack numbers i like our rotation of blades, ivey, couch, williams, clark and dunson!

Advertisement

I think people are just upset about how average Rumph is. He lands average 4 Star guys. He turns CBs into average starters. CB should one of the easiest positions to recruit at Miami and Rumph struggles just landing average 4 Star guys. A lot of fans just think there are better options then Rumph who can be a better coach and recuiter. No joke Rumph has one of the best position coaching jobs in Power 5. South Florida is loaded with Quality CBs every season. A quality ambitious coach could turn that job into a quality DC gig within 2-3 years

Actually, i believe the only reason rumph hasn't been fired is because he is an alumni and he can teach da position, plus he played in da league, But i like williams also but i think ivey steps his game up this year. even though we lack numbers i like our rotation of blades, ivey, couch, williams, clark and dunson!
I think Avantae could play CB this year as well or at least Nickel

This would be big. Ivins suggested that the staff wanted to see more film of him?
I agree with Ivins. I don't know if anyone on this board has seen him in person but his hudl isn't impressive at all. I'm not sure why he's a 4 star. Just my opinion on his hudl only.

Advertisement
I would even be ok if Rumph recruited lower level
I agree with Ivins. I don't know if anyone on this board has seen him in person but his hudl isn't impressive at all. I'm not sure why he's a 4 star. Just my opinion on his hudl only.

I think its based on measurements....which I'm fine with we need more athleticism at that position and if Rumph is as good as a teacher as we are saying we need some of these type of guys

HE WAS THE FIRST KID TO COME OUT AND SAY IT THAT I COULD REMEMBER. IM THAT DUDE.

It aint blurry at all ...we know EXACTLY what Rumph is and what he brings to recruiting. You can put your head in the sand..and claim on 4 star recruits as much as you want. We are at Miami that is and suppose to be the norm. But alas we have guys still capping. Its cool, hopefully we land the kid...Rumph isnt much of a recruiter, we have years and consistent cycles to know that. BUT we are just hoping we meet our quotas at the position and he can develop his guys. Because finally all guys are currently his.

Back to Brown.

I dont believe he started at IMG last year. Im not sure about his tape...but i know he is getting high quality strength and condition at IMG and likely will be ready coming from that school...so i think he should be a high priority. Also he is from the Muck and we already got smacked by FSU for 2 dbs already locally.

Last edited:
I would even be ok if Rumph recruited lower level

I think its based on measurements....which I'm fine with we need more athleticism at that position and if Rumph is as good as a teacher as we are saying we need some of these type of guys
Okay. That I can get behind, not the over exaggeration of this kid as a prospect right now. I hope there is a high school season because he's in line to start this year. I'd like to see a better hudl for his senior year.

Advertisement
Back