4-star CB Elam updates the latest with Miami

View as article
Let’s not jump to conclusions, last year we didn’t give Nadab Joseph any attention, and Dude didn’t qualify.

Maybe grades are bad
Maybe some off the field things bother us
Maybe he’s in the Bag game and we know that
Maybe we just Dont like him as a prospect

This isn’t the Golden Era, there has to be a reason but we may never know.
Nahhh none of this applies.

Kaiir has gone to a private school his entire 4 years in high school, he could've easily transferred to another school in PB if he was just there for football. He comes from a really good family, he's not some knucklehead kid who runs the streets, they take academics serious & due to his tragic family history I can pretty much guarantee you he was raised right. Abram seen first hand what can go wrong & I know he ain't let Kaiir have any character issues.

I highly doubt a kid being raised by someone like Abram Elam is in the bag game, Abram is good people, he trains with a lot of South Fla players & was a mentor to a lotta guys South Fla guys in the NFL. He helped Teddy Bridgewater get signed with his agent & would give advice to players all the time.

I understand giving the staff the benefit of the doubt, but it's not smart to just assume a kid like Kaiir has some bad stuff going on just because they're not recruiting him. He doesn't fit the profile.

They probably just think they can't get him, so they're not pushing that hard, but don't just make a bunch of excuses without merit.

Advertisement
It's July. Things can change in the matter of a week. Bogle and MAR (whom I think ends up at Miami) are likely NSD decisions. Don't know what's going on with Neal. Stevenson looks like it's a toss up with UGA and Miami. With the way UGA recruits, I don't want that one going right before he EE's.

I understand that. It also works both ways for other prospects on our board.

Bogle is flirting with Tennessee and isn't dead-set on Miami, constant Neal-Bama smoke(most forget he was committed there at one point), I'd say Stevenson is the most secure but there's been talks of him loving UGA, and MAR with the "building his own legacy" talk.

I think Bogle is also really hyped on Alabama now. Don't know where that will go ultimately but I definitely think they are a factor on his end, not sure where he sits on their board

Bogle is flirting with Tennessee and isn't dead-set on Miami, constant Neal-Bama smoke(most forget he was committed there at one point), I'd say Stevenson is the most secure but there's been talks of him loving UGA, and MAR with the "building his own legacy" talk.

Well let's just fold cause we ain't getting none of the blue chippers that are favored to us. SMH If this is the thought process no wonder we aren't recruiting Elam that hard.

It's only a head scratcher if you want to take the kid at face value, and this phenomena of hanging on a kids every word is directly related to the **** we had to endure with the two previous staphs. Don't get me wrong Mark Richt and Co are not above second guessing and criticism, but I have confidence in their ability to recruit competently against a stacked deck, and to return us to the top of the upper echelon of the talent pool.

Second, I am remember a lot of knowledgeable and trustworthy CIS recruiting veterans saying early that this kid was all gator. Maybe staff sniffed it out early that he is not as genuine in his interest as he claims.

Advertisement

Kaiir has gone to a private school his entire 4 years in high school, he could've easily transferred to another school in PB if he was just there for football. He comes from a really good family, he's not some knucklehead kid who runs the streets, they take academics serious & due to his tragic family history I can pretty much guarantee you he was raised right. Abram seen first hand what can go wrong & I know he ain't let Kaiir have any character issues.

I highly doubt a kid being raised by someone like Abram Elam is in the bag game, Abram is good people, he trains with a lot of South Fla players & was a mentor to a lotta guys South Fla guys in the NFL. He helped Teddy Bridgewater get signed with his agent & would give advice to players all the time.

I understand giving the staff the benefit of the doubt, but it's not smart to just assume a kid like Kaiir has some bad stuff going on just because they're not recruiting him. He doesn't fit the profile.

They probably just think they can't get him, so they're not pushing that hard, but don't just make a bunch of excuses without merit.
Not saying you're wrong, but his unk also went to a private school and came from the same bloodline and he turned out to be a real POS.

In fairness tho, his troubles began after College, but he was at UF under the Urban reign, so who who knows what got swept under the rug.

Regardless, it's utterly bizarre they're not on the kid harder. I feel like we need to get the best player in PBC every cycle, and its Elam this year.

For sure.

Now, let's go up state for a total project and lock him up. Oh, wait.... .. .....we already did.

This would be at the top or near to it as the biggest head scratching recruiting moment under this staff.
That's real talk fam...I don't get it.

It's only a head scratcher if you want to take the kid at face value, and this phenomena of hanging on a kids every word is directly related to the **** we had to endure with the two previous staphs. Don't get me wrong Mark Richt and Co are not above second guessing and criticism, but I have confidence in their ability to recruit competently against a stacked deck, and to return us to the top of the upper echelon of the talent pool.

Second, I am remember a lot of knowledgeable and trustworthy CIS recruiting veterans saying early that this kid was all gator. Maybe staff sniffed it out early that he is not as genuine in his interest as he claims.
You are right about hanging on to every word, but he put those words out there and (far as I know) that’s the most we got to go on. I also remember hearing he was all gator and that may have something to do with it. But we’ve heard dent is all FSU and I think he still a top player on our board.

Advertisement

Do Elam and Stevenson get along?

I wouldn't call them excuses...he was simply opiniig on what the issue will be.

I don't claim to know the people involved, but I think it's rash to assume a kid from a good family couldn't possibly have academic or character issues.

KQZL6E2SOLU25ZYWD5Y66ISJXQ.jpg

That's another CIS myth, he's not all Gaytor & never has been people just assume he is because his uncle Matt went there. They're not loyal to UF, the connection is with Urban Meyer which is why Urby is crootin' Elam hard now.

The staff may just not think they have a real shot, but you guys are going crazy reaching for excuses.
I guess I stand corrected. Do you take this kid at his word on our recruiting efforts?

Advertisement
Advertisement
I do t think DBs is as much as a priority this year as it was last year. OL LBs arethe focus on this class in my opinion. We need big boys in the trenches and thats where this class is focused on adding

Advertisement
Back