4-star CB Elam plans summer visit to UM, talks Canes

View as article

Stefan Adams

Managing Editor
Premium
With low numbers at the position and two seniors set to graduate, the cornerback spot at Miami is considered a huge need in the 2019 class. While none of the current thirteen commits in Surge19 are a CB, the Canes are in contact with quite a few prospects at the position. One such target is 4-star Kaiir Elam from North Palm Beach (FL), and Elam says he’s gotten more attention from the Canes lately.

“Yeah, things are going good with Miami,” Elam said. “Just talked to Coach Rumph two days ago on the phone. Coach Van Dyke texts me every other day.”

Last time CIS spoke to Elam, he said he wasn’t hearing too much from Miami compared to other schools. However, the contact became more frequent after Manny Diaz visited The Benjamin School for a practice last week.

“Ever since Coach Diaz seen me practice, I hear from them more,” Elam said.

Where do the Canes fit into his recruiting picture?

“Miami’s in high consideration,” Elam said. “They just want me to get back on campus and feel like I’d be a good fit and lockdown corner.”

So, when might Elam make that return trip to Coral Gables?

“In June probably,” said Elam.

As for other programs he hears from regularly, there is a laundry list of top schools vying for Elam’s signature.

“There’s a lot, not going to lie,” Elam said. “I would say Ohio State, Florida, Stanford, Louisville, Oregon, LSU, Florida State, and Clemson.”

All the fuss of college recruiting can be overwhelming at times for a high schooler. How does Elam balance the massive amounts of attention from college coaches with his team and school schedule?

“Just have to handle the school part and training part first, then with the patience I have left, I interact with the coaches,” Elam said.

While Elam is not yet ready to start narrowing things down, his eventual school of choice will be able to offer a comforting atmosphere and a chance to see the field right away.

“No set plan, just going to continue to grind and eventually take more visits,” Elam said of the future of his recruiting process. “I’m looking for a school where I can play early and a great environment.”

Advertisement
Advertisement
We definitely have ground to make up but it's still early. Staff should stay on him and make sure he gets to campus and paradise.

We've had recruits choose us over their legacy status at another school and had UM legacies attend other universities.

Coaching staffs change, depth charts change, people are different. No reason in my mind that he couldn't go anywhere different.

Heck my brother and I went to different schools....hes a junior at Clemson. God I hate typing that.

Advertisement
He's a cane he stated seeing the field early. And great atmosphere Miami/ Hard rock stadium 💯💯💯💯💯 What better place than us we need cb's #WatchTheVisits..

Advertisement
We've had recruits choose us over their legacy status at another school and had UM legacies attend other universities.

Coaching staffs change, depth charts change, people are different. No reason in my mind that he couldn't go anywhere different.

Heck my brother and I went to different schools....hes a junior at Clemson. God I hate typing that.
BOw

How does he live in Clemson

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back