4-star ATH commit Washington "locked in" with UM, speaks on Legends Camp

View as article
Advertisement
It seems that’s been the case across the board so far. I’m just a little frustrated with local guys since we’re already struggling with them; and I don’t even think it’s a Mario problem. I think is a local culture problem. I hope we win big with all these national guys so the others come back begging and we can pull a bargain.
Its a local culture problem because Miami has not won and is not respected in the local area.

I said it more than once, we need to demonstrate that we win and win on a regular basis. These HS kids are making the biggest choice of their lives up until that point. And at the end of the day, regardless of the NIL deal they receive, a winning culture and a history of winning matters.

So, all this public "rah rah' for the U while shopping for other schools. Then, if Miami NIL supporters come through, it was all fake news.

I'd rather these guys do what Akeem has done and stayed away and kept his recruitment open. It's going to sting more if the decommitment comes.
It's not that he's not gonna stick with us or he isn't about us cause he is about us. But he also seems to enjoy the attention. At the end of the day we'll see what that ends up meaning when it relates to um. ALOT of kids just wanna play the game and get up a lil coin before they do what they planned all along. That doesn't mean that's his thing but some kids do it.

Advertisement
I know its dirty but im just saying if these dudes want an NIL deal (not a bag under the table) at least make sure they know what they're doing. If they just wanna bag it is what it is but if they want a legal NIL deal that fronts money, they'll find themselves ineligible.
Kamala Harris Reaction GIF by The Democrats

Its a local culture problem because Miami has not won and is not respected in the local area.

I said it more than once, we need to demonstrate that we win and win on a regular basis. These HS kids are making the biggest choice of their lives up until that point. And at the end of the day, regardless of the NIL deal they receive, a winning culture and a history of winning matters.
Louisville sure doesn‘t have much of a culture of winning.

Advertisement

You lose me here, especially when talking about a kid who is "interested" in Louisville of all places.

You lose me here, especially when talking about a kid who is "interested" in Louisville of all places.
Miami has one of the most well covered NIL bases in the world of college sports.

If we want to secure kids and not go for the "better" bag, we need to win. Period.

Advertisement
Advertisement
so it must be a bag bc Louisville isnt winning anything ever
Or we win and our bags can be smaller because we are winning games.

Saban and Smart have notoriously complained about NIL, yet their classes continue to be among the best. They could be negatively recruited because of it for the next three years.

X from Footballville said he spoke to someone close to them and there is nothing to worry about with the players, but the father may be a problem regarding NIL. As with any info from "insiders", it should be taken with a grain of salt. However, X seems reliable with his info in the past
If true, its kind of sad when the kids are sensible and the parent is the one who needs to grow up. Putting the kids in a less advantageous long term situation in order to jump on short term gains for yourself is just sad.

Advertisement
Back