4-star ATH commit Washington "locked in" with UM, speaks on Legends Camp

View as article
Advertisement
I can envision Washington being concerned about potential offensive touches with two other great wr commits. Some real football will have been played by the time J.D. will make a decision. If everything goes well the play on the field helps Miami keep commits.

JMO H williams and Jean aren’t coming here. I think those two like but don’t love Miami

Washington is an ELITE playmaker. I don’t think you can take the same stance on elite guys who will be highly coveted.

The position of the guys that want us to play hardball doesn’t make any sense. We want the most elite players but we want them cheap? We want them to commit early, but don’t want to be reasonable about the rise in value that was GUARANTEED to happen? But if they understand their value and wait to commit, they are divas playing games and we should just focus on national players? Sounds like the south Florida players aren’t the only ones with an unrealistic sense of entitlement.

Being a tough negotiator is sound and necessary for this game. Sports is one of realms where value can be judged objectively at a pretty high rate. It isn’t always as clear to evaluate talent in other types of businesses. In sports, the talent IS the product. When we land a guy it’s “Oh they overpaid.” When we miss a guy, we say the same of our opponents. To top it all off we have NO idea what the real numbers are. Crazy times we are living in.

That was posted by some random Gator poster and Bender just said he heard Francis is looking, some other guy on board (not mod) chimed I’m hoping Bryant looks around also.
Francis doesn’t seem like that kind of cat. Maybe it’s just me being optimistic, but he seems to be all about Miami at every public event.

I’m refraining from voicing any sort of real concern with this class after the insiders have hammered home that the 2023 group will be special, but there are glaring deficiencies at positions of dire need. It will make our climb back to relevance that much longer if we don’t hit on some of these targets.

We need to hit home runs at WR, OL, LB, DL at a minimum. Probably can throw Corner in there too. OL and LB are being taken care of, although Bobby being involved in the typical S.FLA politics isn’t ideal. The last thing we can afford is for elite current commits to be wavering, especially at WR; I’m expecting a purge at that position once 2023 rolls around.

Your guess is as good as mine regarding DL and DB recruiting.

Last edited:
44FA1932-ED23-488C-8F8D-4E695F28AC85.jpeg

Francis doesn’t seem like that kind of cat. Maybe it’s just me being optimistic, but he seems to be all about Miami at every public event.

I’m refraining from voicing any sort of concern with this class after the insiders have hammered home that this class will be special, but there are glaring deficiencies in this class, at positions of dire need. It will make our climb back to relevance that much longer if we don’t hit on some of these targets.
Francis doesn’t make sense. If the season was going on and we playing ugly .500 ball it would make sense. But what has changed between now and 7/4? Just doesn’t add up.

Advertisement
Francis doesn’t make sense. If the season was going on and we playing ugly .500 ball it would make sense. But what has changed between now and 7/4? Just doesn’t add up.
I think its a stupid click bait false rumor.

the only way I see him leaving is if he wants to play closer to home but again that doesn't make any sense since hes playing at IMG now

oh I see it now. Bryant apparently said hes EEing at miami and got big names coming lol.

I dont see mauigoa looking elsewhere personally. sounds like gators just jealous and salty
No chance in **** Francis going anywhere. Gator writers desperately trying to create false narratives cuz they know we're a threat. If we show well on the field and they struggle we're gonna annihilate them on the crooning trail come closing time.

Simple solution.

Don't commit and/or sign if you think you'll be worth more in the future.

The risk for the kid is getting injured and ending up at JSU.
I think of the way the game is being played is no different than in business.

Let's say you're in college and graduating at the end of the Fall semester. You get an offer from the company you interned at in the Summer and you accept. You have 4 months until you start the new job. During the Fall your classmates are getting offers from other companies for more money than yours. Do you start looking around and interview with other companies? The answer is likely yes.

Another scenario I can personally attest to is getting offers from multiple companies. When working with a headhunter, I interviewed at multiple tech companies. More than one company made an offer. The headhunter asked me which company I wanted to work for. He leveraged the other company to get me a higher salary at the company I wanted to work at.

So, it's business whether we like it or not.

Advertisement
No chance in **** Francis going anywhere. Gator writers desperately trying to create false narratives cuz they know we're a threat. If we show well on the field and they struggle we're gonna annihilate them on the crooning trail come closing time.
This is big boy recruiting. You land the big fish, people will fight you for them until the ink dries. Gators have a little bit of momentum and now want to keep it going.

Probably another negative recruiting tactic.

Mickey Mouse Program about to experience Mickey Mouse results.

Washington is an ELITE playmaker. I don’t think you can take the same stance on elite guys who will be highly coveted.

The position of the guys that want us to play hardball doesn’t make any sense. We want the most elite players but we want them cheap? We want them to commit early, but don’t want to be reasonable about the rise in value that was GUARANTEED to happen? But if they understand their value and wait to commit, they are divas playing games and we should just focus on national players? Sounds like the south Florida players aren’t the only ones with an unrealistic sense of entitlement.

Being a tough negotiator is sound and necessary for this game. Sports is one of realms where value can be judged objectively at a pretty high rate. It isn’t always as clear to evaluate talent in other types of businesses. In sports, the talent IS the product. When we land a guy it’s “Oh they overpaid.” When we miss a guy, we say the same of our opponents. To top it all off we have NO idea what the real numbers are. Crazy times we are living in.
They don’t even see their hypocrisy and have no self-awareness. Complaining about a toxic culture but displaying the very same toxic mindstate. They can’t wait until we are established enough to do the same things that the local recruits are doing, back to them. Now we see who they learned this stuff from.

This is big boy recruiting. You land the big fish, people will fight you for them until the ink dries. Gators have a little bit of momentum and now want to keep it going.
No doubt. But Francis & Malik still aren't going anywhere. UF just on a heavy dose of copium and they think grabbing a handful of barely 4 stars while we've slowed down a bit = blood in the water or a wave of decommitments is coming. They still think Manny is here. Bless their hearts. Can't wait to see how recruiting goes for them once Utah pushes their **** in.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back