4-star ATH commit Washington "locked in" with UM, speaks on Legends Camp

View as article
We’re just not there yet. Besides a whole lot of kids are shopping deals. I think if it’s in the same ballpark most will make the decision based on where they want to be but I’m guessing based on what I would do.
It seems that’s been the case across the board so far. I’m just a little frustrated with local guys since we’re already struggling with them; and I don’t even think it’s a Mario problem. I think is a local culture problem. I hope we win big with all these national guys so the others come back begging and we can pull a bargain.

Advertisement
Disappointing after them being considered “cane locks” but this is the double edged sword of NIL money and the bidding wars… wonder how many more on the “committed” list will be impacted as the year unfolds but regardless #InMariowetrust

It seems that’s been the case across the board so far. I’m just a little frustrated with local guys since we’re already struggling with them; and I don’t even think it’s a Mario problem. I think is a local culture problem. I hope we win big with all these national guys so the others come back begging and we can pull a bargain.
Agreed. Stings more when it’s the local guys shunning the home team. But if the wins come in, they should follow.

I know its dirty but im just saying if these dudes want an NIL deal (not a bag under the table) at least make sure they know what they're doing. If they just wanna bag it is what it is but if they want a legal NIL deal that fronts money, they'll find themselves ineligible.

I don't know why you would worry about it at all.

Nobody is going to above the table give a kid anything that would make that recruit ineligible and potentially put themselves in the frying pan as well. That wouldn't make any kind of sense for Louisville or any other school.

NIL in its current state is a joke. Even here it's a joke. It may be a bit more above board, but if Rashada was paid millions, good luck seeing that money back. It's pay for play and while the biggest deal doesn't always win, my guess it does in most cases.

Advertisement
Disappointing after them being considered “cane locks” but this is the double edged sword of NIL money and the bidding wars… wonder how many more on the “committed” list will be impacted as the year unfolds but regardless #InMariowetrust
I think it’s going to be the same thing for most teams so it’s not just us that is susceptible to an NIL drop.

We know better than to overpay for him. LSU got played on that one. They can keep him. Throw the house at ****ey and follow through on promises already made — those are not mutually exclusive imho. If Washington bolts, so be it. You can’t make it a habit of capitulating to new demands after agreements are reached.

But you are punishing kids for committing early when you do this (refuse to renegotiate).

I hope our NIL guys are a little more flexible than they portray.

Robby is a game breaking talent. The closer signing day comes, the higher his value goes.

For these type guys it would be wise to keep the hard line stance publicly, but have some flex on the back end. This prevents driving up the price unnecessarily in a bidding war, which is especially bad so far from signing day. Keep the recruiting process going and make a reasonable offer at the end.

For all I know, this is our strategy. I am sure there are contentions for special guys like Robby. Ruiz didn’t make his money undervaluing talent.

They've never been considered a cane lock by anyone in the know though. Robby is someone widely known as one of two kids that may end up elsewhere. Before anyone asks not gonna say who the other kid is so don't ask please and thanks.

Advertisement

Ruiz is a billionaire because he can predict changes in the market.

There’s no way he and Mario are not prepared for this.

They've never been considered a cane lock by anyone in the know though. Robby is someone widely known as one of two kids that may end up elsewhere. Before anyone asks not gonna say who the other kid is so don't ask please and thanks.
So, all this public "rah rah' for the U while shopping for other schools. Then, if Miami NIL supporters come through, it was all fake news.

I'd rather these guys do what Akeem has done and stayed away and kept his recruitment open. It's going to sting more if the decommitment comes.

Who are some other options at WR? We should start looking at the portal.
D3B22833-45A6-460A-868C-6542E94AA3A1.jpeg

Advertisement
Is there any chance the Washingtons split up?

Advertisement
I’m sure we have a recruiting board with names we aren’t even thinking about. But this again, is very annoying with these local studs and not wanting to play here. We can land 3 stud tight ends but can’t land more then 1 or 2 local kids? I just don’t know.

Emory would be my guess… ain’t no way some desperate *** team doesn’t throw a good bag at him to salvage their class as it gets closer to signing day

Advertisement
Back