4-star 2021 WR Jacolby George sets a commitment date

five WRs this class? That would be 9 in 2 years, which is two WRs too many (also redshirted Payton and will likely redshirt 1-2 of the '20 class). That's how unbalanced rosters are formed. I wouldn't mind Likens taking 4 if one of the four was an extremely high level player like Brooks or if pull a haul like Alexis, Nabers, Brinson, and George for example. Both options are wishful thinking. Having 9 WRs (the result of taking 4 in this class) who will be freshmen/sophomores is a recipe for disaster in the locker room.

Good points.

Our Canes enter 2020 with 8 scholarship WRs, with only 1 senior (Harley). Most college teams like to carry 8-9 WRs on their roster. However, high temp spread offenses require more due to the wear and tear during a game. I could see Miami carrying 9-10 next year. That means 2-3 new faces in that room. Your point is well taken. That considered, I revise my "take" list to Alexis, Brinson and George. Brown or Smith could be carried as an athlete to supplement the RB class. Of course, that is unless a viable pure RB emerges for our 2021 class.

Thanks for bringing me back to reality.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Good points.

Our Canes enter 2020 with 8 scholarship WRs, with only 1 senior (Harley). Most college teams like to carry 8-9 WRs on their roster. However, high temp spread offenses require more due to the wear and tear during a game. I could see Miami carrying 9-10 next year. That means 2-3 new faces in that room. Your point is well taken. That considered, I revise my "take" list to Alexis, Brinson and George. Brown or Smith could be carried as an athlete to supplement the RB class. Of course, that is unless a viable pure RB emerges for our 2021 class.

All depends on style, they could carry TEs that are WRs too.
Gotta blend those numbers together based on talent.

Good points.

9 WRs on scholarship, my man (5 + 4 2020 EEs). Put some respect of Few's name.

In this offense, I could see us wanting 10-11 on the roster.

Good points.

I’ve been wondering about this myself. You have to assume the possibility of Lashlee having a team at smu that couldn’t maximize what he wanted to do. I know that seems crazy but it’s still a possibility. Maybe the xo gurus on here can answer that. It seems you could be more affective in a fast pace offense if you have a 2 deep in offensive players that don’t have much of a drop in talent.

Advertisement
Film is filled with plays of him scorching people deep but y'all worried about an irrelevant, old, outdated forty time.
C'mon mane!
LOL 👌 🙄

✋ Stop it.
Easily the MOST "liked" post on this entire subject. Anything outside of this line of thinking comes from generic posters not guys who know or probably even played football. If you know football, it's a no-brainer to treat George as a priority....PERIOD

Advertisement
George (fingers crossed) will be an excellent addition to this class. He knows how to create separation, and is consistently getting behind defenses. That 4.72s 40 15 months ago doesn't mean much to me based on the acceleration he shows on designed runs and bubble screens... he looks more like a 4.55-4.60 guy to my eyes.

If our WR class is George, Alexis, and Nabers/Brinson, I'll be thrilled.

Advertisement
George (fingers crossed) will be an excellent addition to this class. He knows how to create separation, and is consistently getting behind defenses. That 4.72s 40 15 months ago doesn't mean much to me based on the acceleration he shows on designed runs and bubble screens... he looks more like a 4.55-4.60 guy to my eyes.

If our WR class is George, Alexis, and Nabers/Brinson, I'll be thrilled.
Let’s get those three and B Smith as a weapon. That, plus Arroyo and Brantley, would be a NASTY skill position haul.

Advertisement
boy i’ll slap the dog **** out of you. Who the fck do you think you are.

SAND hoe
Tough guy huh? Talking **** on a computer. How about you reread my original post before you want to act all hard and talk ****.

Advertisement
Back