4-star 2021 WR Jacolby George sets a commitment date

Advertisement
4 good ones? Word? How many balls have they caught? They moss’d any DBs so far?

Always. Be. Stacking. Chips.

Get Billy Napier in here and see how long it takes to “build relationships” lmao. This is The U. I’m hearing NONE of what you said. There are some really, really good WR prospects on the line right now. Close them. That’s what bosses do. If Likens and Lashlee are elite, we pull 3 monsters.
Im hearing NONE of what you say because they haven't had a chance to PLAY!! Did you forget that? And stacking chips means they want to come you can't force anybody to come here.

Our offensive staff has recruited well, not sure why we are already firing them halfway into the recruiting season and before the season has started. Let them work.

Hopefully we reel George back in though, he’s a baller.

Diaz has to take notice of this with his Defensive staff struggles. It’s amazing what a qualified competent staff can do.

Advertisement
It’s crazy that with a defense that has preformed well and an attacking scheme they recruiting is lacking but on offense where it’s been struggle city they have recruited well
They can sell hope on offense with the new staff but what top defensive kid wants to come and burn out after 3 years when these kids are on the field for 70% of every game. Any offensive success we have moving forward will help with defensive recruiting.

They can sell hope on offense with the new staff but what top defensive kid wants to come and burn out after 3 years when these kids are on the field for 70% of every game. Any offensive success we have moving forward will help with defensive recruiting.

If Diaz coached Ed Reed or Warren Sapp, they would never be the stars they turned out to be when they played here because Diaz would be constantly subbing them. Díaz is soft, and wants to keep kids fresh so he’s constantly substituting players.

Keep on subbing your best players, Diaz. You’ll be gone before you know it.

Selling them on playing time -more defensive plays means More on field 2 deep

Advertisement
Nearly a month ago, I put in a Crystal Ball forecast in favor of Miami for Plantation four-star wide receiver Jacolby Georgewith a “7” confidence score.

I felt good about UM landing the wideout when I put in the forecast last month but now, with a decision day right around the corner, I went ahead and upped my confidence score to a “9.”

George is expected to announce his decision between Miami, UCF, Georgia Tech and Penn State on Saturday and some with knowledge about the recruitment believe the Hurricanes are in a great position to regain the commitment of one of Broward county’s most explosive playmakers.

Of the four finalists, George has only visited UM and Central Florida and would not have been able to visit Georgia Tech nor Penn State until after the extended NCAA mandated “dead period” which now runs through the month of July.

George once committed to the Hurricanes in June of last year before opening things back up after the Hurricanes loss to FIU in late November.

If the rising junior were to select Miami again this weekend, he would become the first wide receiver to join the Hurricanes No. 15 ranked recruiting class.

Miami wide receivers coach Rob Likensbroke down what he’s looking for when evaluating wide receivers in April.

“I really like the six-foot-ish type guys who are somewhere around the [180 pound] realm,” Likens said. “I’ve had a lot of success with those guys in my past because they have real good lateral movement and even though they may not be the 6’4, 6’3 body frame, they’re able to get off press coverage.”

Last season, George (5-11, 161) caught 46 passes for 1,030 yards and 12 touchdowns while adding 191 rushing yards and three touchdowns on the ground. He was selected as a Sun Sentinel All-Broward 8A-6A first-team selection and led his Plantation team to a 9-2 record with a second round appearance in the 7A state playoffs.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Nearly a month ago, I put in a Crystal Ball forecast in favor of Miami for Plantation four-star wide receiver Jacolby Georgewith a “7” confidence score.

I felt good about UM landing the wideout when I put in the forecast last month but now, with a decision day right around the corner, I went ahead and upped my confidence score to a “9.”

George is expected to announce his decision between Miami, UCF, Georgia Tech and Penn State on Saturday and some with knowledge about the recruitment believe the Hurricanes are in a great position to regain the commitment of one of Broward county’s most explosive playmakers.

Of the four finalists, George has only visited UM and Central Florida and would not have been able to visit Georgia Tech nor Penn State until after the extended NCAA mandated “dead period” which now runs through the month of July.

George once committed to the Hurricanes in June of last year before opening things back up after the Hurricanes loss to FIU in late November.

If the rising junior were to select Miami again this weekend, he would become the first wide receiver to join the Hurricanes No. 15 ranked recruiting class.

Miami wide receivers coach Rob Likensbroke down what he’s looking for when evaluating wide receivers in April.

“I really like the six-foot-ish type guys who are somewhere around the [180 pound] realm,” Likens said. “I’ve had a lot of success with those guys in my past because they have real good lateral movement and even though they may not be the 6’4, 6’3 body frame, they’re able to get off press coverage.”

Last season, George (5-11, 161) caught 46 passes for 1,030 yards and 12 touchdowns while adding 191 rushing yards and three touchdowns on the ground. He was selected as a Sun Sentinel All-Broward 8A-6A first-team selection and led his Plantation team to a 9-2 record with a second round appearance in the 7A state playoffs.
likens can sell 1st round draft picks to these kids.

Advertisement
Back