4 spots left, who gets them?

Advertisement
One of the rumors floating around is that if Urban Meyer turns down the Texas job, then their #1 target is Dan Mullen. If those dominoes fall, then Miami could be in line for some last minute recruiting surprises.
Hopefully you're not suggesting that half our class will decamp for Texas?

Advertisement
Hopefully you're not suggesting that half our class will decamp for Texas?

lol no. I'm the glass half full guy around here. I am talking about some top UF recruits wanting out and reopening their recruitment if Mullen isn't there (Marshall, Sapp are the two names that come to mind that I want in our class the most).

Hypothetically, let's say Herman gets canned at UT, Meyer turns down job, and Mullen gets 6-7 mil to go to Texas. First that would be great if it happens before the Orange Bowl and the UF squad is flat because their HC has decided to leave. Second, a 10 win Miami team is going to look pretty good to a lot of recruits. Third, I don't know who UF would replace Mullen with. I hear Willie Taggart might be available. It would be weird but maybe they'd swap coaches with Texas and get Herman? Kiffin would be my dark horse candidate. I'd be sad if they went after Cristobal because it would pain me to see him wearing UF colors.

Last edited:
lol no. I'm the glass half full guy around here. I am talking about some top UF recruits wanting out and reopening their recruitment if Mullen isn't there (Marshall, Sapp are the two names that come to mind that I want in our class the most).

Hypothetically, let's say Herman gets canned at UT, Meyer turns down job, and Mullen gets 6-7 mil to go to Texas. First that would be great if it happens before the Orange Bowl and the UF squad is flat because their HC has decided to leave. Second, a 10 win Miami team is going to look pretty good to a lot of recruits. Third, I don't know who UF would replace Mullen with. I hear Willie Taggart might be available. It would be weird but maybe they'd swap coaches with Texas and get Herman? Kiffin would be my dark horse candidate. I'd be sad if they went after Cristobal because it would pain me to see him wearing UF colors.
Mullen would be an idiot to leave and he’s not an idiot. He’d just leverage UF for more money.

Mullen would be an idiot to leave and he’s not an idiot. He’d just leverage UF for more money.

He'd be an idiot to leave for Texas??! I don't think he's ever going to get past Saban in the SEC. He could punch his ticket the Big 12 title game every year at Texas. Also my salary numbers were off. He already makes 6 mil at UF. I'd guess he'd ask for at least 10 mil+ at Texas (if they want to pay Urban 20 mil, they can do 10 mil for their #2 guy). No way UF could match that.

Last edited:
Advertisement
He'd be an idiot to leave for Texas??! I don't think he's ever going to get past Saban in the SEC. He could punch his ticket the Big 12 title game every year at Texas. Also my salary numbers were off. He already makes 6 mil at UF. I'd guess he'd ask for at least 10 mil+ at Texas (if they want to pay Urban 20 mil, they can do 10 mil for their #2 guy). No way UF could match that.

Charlie Skrong is a corch. That he failed is not a surprise. Gotta be honest that I thought Herman would kill it there. Maybe he wasn't ready to step up to that big a P5 job yet. Mullen is a solid coach who knows how to run a P5 program. I think his floor at Texas would be a Mack Brown type. Basically I think he'd be on the level of Jimbo at TAMU. I don't think Jimbo is an elite coach with the likes of Saban and Dabo, but he's definitely one of the better coaches in CFB.

Where are you getting these numbers? Pure fantasy, dude.

Where are you getting these numbers? Pure fantasy, dude.

Salary numbers?

Up to 20 mil/yr (5 yr 100 mil) is what the blogosphere was saying Texas is willing to pay to lure Urban out of retirement. That's nothing to them. They'd have billionaire boosters coming out of the woodwork to pay for Meyer if he was serious about returning and would make that back and then some from all the revenue it would generate.

Let’s try this again.

Garcia
Portal CB
High School CB
1 of Payton, Lewis, or Smith

-My guess is someone is getting dropped if they get Lewis and Smith.
-Barber won’t be coming here. If Miami just loses Williams, Herbert, and Hillary and replaces those guys with the three committed OL then I am more than ok with it.

Advertisement
Let’s try this again.

Garcia
Portal CB
High School CB

-Barber won’t be coming here. If Miami just loses Williams, Herbert, and Hillary and replaces those guys with the three committed OL then I am more than ok with it.
Garcia is only one I see from that list. They need CB’s! Smith would be a great pull but unlikely as of now.

Let’s try this again.

Garcia
Portal CB
High School CB

Garcia is only one I see from that list. They need CB’s! Smith would be a great pull but unlikely as of now. Barber is a need but don’t see having the room.

Advertisement
One of the rumors floating around is that if Urban Meyer turns down the Texas job, then their #1 target is Dan Mullen. If those dominoes fall, then Miami could be in line for some last minute recruiting surprises.
Donny mullet is not a culture/political fit there. As has been spoken about at length, the Texas job requires you to kiss the *** of rich guys all the time. Mullen has smartest man in the room syndrome big time. Urban can get away with not doing it cause he has three rings. Although the years would be fun I don’t see it happening

At this point, gotta take best 4 HS recruits available that want in

Jake Garcia
Terrence Lewis
Pat Payton
Ja’den Mcburrows

then if they change the counter rules you go and grab -

Portal DE
Portal CB
Portal OL

At this point, gotta take best 4 HS recruits available that want in

Jake Garcia
Terrence Lewis
Pat Payton
Ja’den Mcburrows

then if they change the counter rules you go and grab -

Portal DE
Portal CB
Portal OL
Payton, Davis, and Ishmael are DE’s. You can’t take another portal DE. You need another portal CB if anything.

Advertisement
Back