4 spots left, who gets them?

Wonder if we pulled the miracle and land Mason,do we then drop Hayes for Payton.We don't really need 3DTs in this class with our numbers there and Payton would make more sense then.
The staff would have some major decisions to make if this scenario played out. You cant lose with Haye or Payton. Both are raw talents with high ceilings.

Advertisement
The staff would have some major decisions to make if this scenario played out. You cant lose with Haye or Payton. Both are raw talents with high ceilings.

When recruits look to be about even in evals (both Payton and Hayes are projects), I don't think you should drop the longtime commit for the guy who isn't committed. If a 5 star wants in over the project, then there is legit reason to drop a recruit, but I think it's bad optics if you are just swapping projects, especially when neither position is a massive need.

I would be very happy with the 4 below.

Terrence Lewis
Austin Barber
Damarius McGhee
And Best Player Available

I don’t expect Maason Smith is coming to Miami, but obviously if he wants in we make room one way or another.

Unless we are getting dogs, save them all for the portal. going to be lots of movement this offseason.

Unless we are getting dogs, save them all for the portal. going to be lots of movement this offseason.
Unless the ncaa allows for more ICs teams will have no room for all this movement expected in the off season.

Advertisement
Guys, we aren’t getting T2. Stop getting excited lol. Trust me, I want to eat crow but it’s not worth getting hyped up just to be disappointed.

Advertisement
1) Portal CB
2) HS CB
3) OL
4) Payton or Portal DE

I keep bringing this up but if Harris (NFL) and Burns (Transfer) both leave then we need another RB. Yes people have been saying where are Harris and Burns going but this is Miami and you never know what these kids are going to do.
Franklin

Advertisement
Advertisement
I know but that’s all we use now.
We have been fortunate not having anyone get hurt. I always think of 2017 Walton goes down we just had Homer and Gray as our backs then Dallas moved to RB and I felt better about it. We were also putting Homer on special teams. It’s amazing he never got hurt here.

QB Garcia
LB T2 (to play with JWill20)
DL Maason (to play with LT)
CB McGhee
CB McBurrows

Sucks because I really wanted Payton in this class. He would take T2 spot if T2 goes SEC

Not sure if it was Stefan or D$ who said in their podcast today that Miami should take 4 HS kids and gamble on the NCAA bumping up the counter because of COVID. Honestly seems very likely that happens because there are bound to be a lot of transfers this year and there's no way teams world be able to handle the counter number. The NCAA would be causing a lot of good players go to like D2 schools if they don't do something. So yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if Miami takes another player or two before early signing day and then stays on top of late signers to try and either get 3 or 4 HS kids.

Advertisement
Back