4 more days for a Portal WR. Tell me the good news.

As I’ve said “If it’s strictly NIL he won’t be coming”. Playing with Tvd was always our biggest advantage. Seeing what his boy Rambo did once TVD entered the lineup.

I know Tennessee stayed on him hard even during the visit.

As of now there’s no decision but imo it’s UT versus Miami.
how unbecoming. calling the kid relentlessly while he is trying to do his due diligence. if this was a girl she come running into our arms. nobody wants to be with the insecure person who doesn't leave you alone.

Advertisement
This does not sound good Cribs.
I’ve said since the very beginning we wouldn’t be the best NIL deal. I didn’t say that for ***** and giggles.

He can go play with Hooker ( who’s very averag) and get a extra 75 - 100 k versus playing with a guy who’s shown he can play at a high level and has fed a wr like a horse. A wr he knows well. I know there’s some folks in his camp that at least acknowledges the big picture.

We should start hearing something in the next 24 hours.

From Rivals:

-Spent the entire visit with Mario and Josh Gattis
-They laid out the offense for him and showed him a six month plan specifically for him on how they will make him a star at Miami and move him into the NFL

"They are real good people, know what they're talking about," Robinson said. "We did pro talk, into the league. It was skipping all the bull****, just business."

- Said he had been messaging with TVD before the visit and then hopped on a video chat with him while on campus
"He wants me, is pushing for me. They lost their top two receivers and need a dude to come in and replace that, be a leader and help the younger guys out. He needs a go-to man."
-

Advertisement
Addison is the WR we need. USC and Miami are on an upward trajectory but from the outside in, USC looks like they’re ahead and will rebuild faster.

You need to be in it for the big dogs like Addison. The plan C guys are fine and improve the team but they don’t put us in the playoff conversation.

Honestly was more impressed with Manny’s portal recruiting at this point. I don’t see a Jalean Phillips in this crop. Not that Mario has done a bad job, but the bar is high

From Gaby, on what stood out to him about Miami:

“Coaching staff,” Robinson said. “The people they have here, the resume. It’s always about the resume and your background. When you have people who can speak for you and on your behalf, it’s always going to take you where you want to be.”

He also mentioned he plans to speak with TVD some more

Addison is the WR we need. USC and Miami are on an upward trajectory but from the outside in, USC looks like they’re ahead and will rebuild faster.

You need to be in it for the big dogs like Addison. The plan C guys are fine and improve the team but they don’t put us in the playoff conversation.

Honestly was more impressed with Manny’s portal recruiting at this point. I don’t see a Jalean Phillips in this crop. Not that Mario has done a bad job, but the bar is high
Addison looks to be going to Texas tho

Advertisement
I’ve said since the very beginning we wouldn’t be the best NIL deal. I didn’t say that for ***** and giggles.

He can go play with Hooker ( who’s very averag) and get a extra 75 - 100 k versus playing with a guy who’s shown he can play at a high level and has fed a wr like a horse.
A wr he knows well. I know there’s some folks in his camp that at least acknowledges the big picture.

Completely agree. Hopefully, since he is "closer to the certainty of an NFL payday" than a person is as a high school senior, then an extra 75K in NIL is less important. He makes up that differential by going ONE round higher than he might have otherwise (i.e., if Tennessee turned him into a 4th round pick and Miami turned him into a 3rd round pick).

Obviously, everything is still a gamble, it's just a more certain gamble when you are less than a year away from being drafted.

I realize every homer at every school will say this, but I think he showcases himself more at Miami with a better QB and better overall skill position guys, particularly with our tight ends terrorizing the middle of the field, which should give him a lot of looks on the outside, whether through routes or YAC.

Hoping he picks the orange-and-green over the creamsicles. I don't think there is a non-Florida college uniform that I hate more than Tennessee's.

You say a lot of dumb **** but I mostly agree with this post. I think Phillips would have been star regardless of where he went but we certainly haven't brought in anyone that could be a 1st rd pick this year. I think we've addressed needs but Addison is a superstar unlike anything else we have on roster. If the bar is ACC coastal I think we have enough.

Advertisement
Completely agree. Hopefully, since he is "closer to the certainty of an NFL payday" than a person is as a high school senior, then an extra 75K in NIL is less important. He makes up that differential by going ONE round higher than he might have otherwise (i.e., if Tennessee turned him into a 4th round pick and Miami turned him into a 3rd round pick).

Obviously, everything is still a gamble, it's just a more certain gamble when you are less than a year away from being drafted.

I realize every homer at every school will say this, but I think he showcases himself more at Miami with a better QB and better overall skill position guys, particularly with our tight ends terrorizing the middle of the field, which should give him a lot of looks on the outside, whether through routes or YAC.

Hoping he picks the orange-and-green over the creamsicles. I don't think there is a non-Florida college uniform that I hate more than Tennessee's.

If Charleston Rambo doesn’t get drafted, how in the **** is Jaylon Robinson getting drafted? There’s at least 20-25 wrs that’ll get drafted higher next year. Some of these takes are comical.

I get it…. We supposedly need a wr. But to act like some small bodied wr from UCF is going to save the day as a needle mover is a little alarming. Frankly, I don’t see it and would much rather roll with Jacolby, Key, Brinson and co while they continue to develop. Guys who are not only talented but also haven’t wavered in their commitment to the program.

Go get paid Jaylon. Wouldn’t blame the guy one bit for chasing the most paper he can right now. NFL riches are far from guaranteed for him..

If he comes, great… competition is never a bad thing. If not, no biggie..

Advertisement

Would be interested to hear if he’s talked to any scouts about his draft grade. With his injury and size, I’d imagine his ceiling might be the 5th-6th round. That could mean money comes into play more than it might if he was making this same decision a couple years ago.

He can go play with Hooker ( who’s very averag) and get a extra 75 - 100 k versus playing with a guy who’s shown he can play at a high level and has fed a wr like a horse. A wr he knows well. I know there’s some folks in his camp that at least acknowledges the big picture.

We should start hearing something in the next 24 hours.
CribCenter….I’m tuned in.

UT is a legit threat. If we dont match I dont see us winning out tbh.
What was encouraging were his comments regarding his visit "didn't have a player host, I spent 100% of my time with Coach Gattis and coach Cristobal. That's who I was with. Spent time looking at film with Gattis who showed me how I would be used in his offense. We didn't discuss any of the regular bs, they focused on how they would work 6 months to get me ready for the NFL, it was all business". So it looks like he got the personal treatment with Mario and they showed him how they would feature him, boost his productivity, and get him ready for the combine. Facetimed with TVD who reinforced that message and said he needs him to replace production lost via Rambo / Harley departures. So what coach does he value most .. Mario or Josh Heupel?

Advertisement
Back