4 more days for a Portal WR. Tell me the good news.

How much weight can a DMV relationship have to not consider:

- playing alongside a Heisman candidate QB who can realistically deliver that his targets/YPC/TD’s won’t have a dropoff from Pickett.
- no state tax with the same competitive NIL bag offer
- shot at the ACC ship/CFP

Seems like it checks all the boxes IMO
Tbh just from what I heard I wouldn’t be shocked with anything that happens. All this blowing up could just keep him from entering. I also wouldn’t be shocked if he just went to USC and said f it all lol. That would be the betting odds if I made them. As of right last night I’d be surprised if Miami happens.

Playing the tax thing was a good ploy though.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I’m intrigued if narduzzi gets traction. But who is he even trying to send this up the hierarchy too? NCAA? LOL
I’ve said the ncaa is powerless , imo he’s trying to blow it up publicly. “ Like this is what we’re doing ? I’m recruiting kids , developing them then these ***** come tamper and steal them away?” Playing outrage of what it’s becoming , which might be the better play with the ncaa being useless. Outrage is what we do best in this country now lol.

His thinking is that’s the only chance ( a small one ) I have to keeping him, desperate move.

I agree with you. But he should’ve just kept his mouth shut and used NIL like every other program, instead of crying about it because he doesn’t have the advantage of just bagging kids under the table anymore.

Same **** with that ***aloon, Jimbob. Crying in indignation that they recruited the greatest class in history because they are the greatest recruiters ever, when there was a story out about their boosters having spent $30 million to secure that class.

I don’t like Dabo either, but at least so far he’s standing by his principles regarding not wanting to use NIL. I at least respect him for standing by what he says.

These guys are dirtbags, specially Little Nicky. At least Ruiz is upfront about it.

When you accept that most will do anything to win, you'll realize nobody gets to the top by being squeaky clean. Very few are nice guys, they're win first and if you can help them do it, you're golden. You can't, they'll toss you to the side and get someone who can. I don't have a problem with that, that's their job. I might not like it in some cases, but it's the nature of the beast that is a business, dressed as sport.

Dabo, unlike most I like the guy because he's a players coach, will realize he's gotta get with the times. Like Coach K, it'll be time to change it up if you want to stay at the top.

Cribby / Leeds .... what can we expect to happen portal wise today and Sunday? Any hopes we can land

-1 WR
-1 LB
-1 OT

Clock is ticking. I am refreshing every 30 seconds looking for YOUR input. Thanks.

Advertisement
Cribby / Leeds .... what can we expect to happen portal wise today and Sunday? Any hopes we can land

-1 WR
-1 LB
-1 OT

Clock is ticking. I am refreshing every 30 seconds looking for YOUR input. Thanks.
We have options and things on the Addison front are not as open and shut as they appeared last night. Turns out facts do get in the way of your carefully orchestrated tampering. Miami likes some of the options in the portal and those that have expressed to other players their interest in possibly entering but today is very crucial as almost assuredly this is the make or break of this particular part of the cycle. Desperation makes many teams do things so today should be fun, if nothing else. We are in good hands and the staff wants a WR1 for this season, that’s priority one.

-1 WR
-1 LB
-1 OT

As of right now I don’t see LB or OT unless a Hail Mary kid just hits the portal in the next 12 hours lol. I’ve been doubtful there for a few days.

Wr is getting very close to closing shop. Right now there’s two kids, both would make sense if either hits. One is the original kid I mentioned other day when I posted ” you’d know it immediately when or if he enters . It’s been revived lol. The other is kinda like the I Walker situation with UF, not living up to the deal so he’s looking. His school is getting that rep.

So if neither jumps I think we’ll be rolling with what we have. There’s just not enough time.

Last edited:
Advertisement
How much weight can a DMV relationship have to not consider:

- playing alongside a Heisman candidate QB who can realistically deliver that his targets/YPC/TD’s won’t have a dropoff from Pickett.
- no state tax with the same competitive NIL bag offer
- shot at the ACC ship/CFP

Seems like it checks all the boxes IMO

Saying there’s a dmv relationship is a dubious claim. Frederick md vs DC is comparing 2 different worlds (1-2 hours away). They could have camped together I guess but I’m not aware of the connection besides geography

-1 WR
-1 LB
-1 OT

I’m not the person you asked but let me give this a crack.

There are players in the portal now and players who are considering hitting the portal before the May 1 deadline. Rest assured Miami has feelers out to some key targets both in and out of the portal as of now. Anything is possible and I do expect a move at WR before the fall camp starts. Remember that the player has to be In The portal by May 1 but as long as they register for classes before that schools deadline they will be eligible for this season.
If any of the names I’m hearing pop you will be very excited. I can’t say names now for obvious reasons but Addison proves nothing Is off the table.

Saying there’s a dmv relationship is a dubious claim. Frederick md vs DC is comparing 2 different worlds (1-2 hours away). They could have camped together I guess but I’m not aware of the connection besides geography
Agree. I messaged this to someone this morning. That’s the media trying to cover for Riley tampering He’s been using Caleb Williams to recruit since before the kid even committed to OU.

Advertisement
As of right now I don’t see LB or OT unless a Hail Mary kid just hits the portal in the next 12 hours lol. I’ve been doubtful there for a few days.

Wr is getting very close to closing shop. Right now there’s two kids, both would make sense if either hits. One is the original kid I mentioned other day when I posted ” you’d know it immediately when or if he enters . It’s been revived lol. The other is kinda like the I Walker situation with UF, not living up to the deal so he’s looking. His school is getting that rep.

So if neither jumps I think we’ll be rolling with what we have. There’s just not enough time.
Reading tea leaves I’m thinking it’s someone at UGA, there’s been a few names tossed around…but I’m just a casual so thinking out loud.

Sounds like regardless, this Addison situation has, at the very least, caused others to reconsider the $$$ they could be missing out on.

Sorry if this has been asked in another thread but what’s the consensus On why we haven’t seen more departures from our side. Find it odd so many are waiting until last minute

Advertisement
On a weekend I’ve driven from Woodley Park (Zoo) in DC to downtown Frederick in an hour… and vice versa. During the week with traffic it’s double that.

There’s no DC connection beyond camps like you said.

Sorry if this has been asked in another thread but what’s the consensus On why we haven’t seen more departures from our side. Find it odd so many are waiting until last minute
Probably overestimating their worth and hoping someone reaches out/they line it up before entering. That, or, they were never leaving to begin with.

Advertisement
Back