4 min left, 2 TOs and we ran out of time

The difference being we won that game. I assume you're referring to the UVA game in 08.

No, I was thinking of the bowl game against Cal. Just rewatched it and I take it back, as bad as the last game was, the time management in the 2008 bowl game was way worse. Started at the 32 with 2:37 left. I lost any faith in Jacory or Shannon after that 2 minute drill.
If you want to suffer, here's the clip (starts at 28:36)......don't say I didn't warn you!

Advertisement
No, I was thinking of the bowl game against Cal. Just rewatched it and I take it back, as bad as the last game was, the time management in the 2008 bowl game was way worse. Started at the 32 with 2:37 left. I lost any faith in Jacory or Shannon after that 2 minute drill.
If you want to suffer, here's the clip (starts at 28:36)......don't say I didn't warn you!

Ah yes! The Emerald Bowl. I remember that 2 minute drill you speak of. You're right. That was brutal. I never put any of the blame of Jacory Harris. He was a true freshman playing for an OC named Patrick Nix and head coach Randy Shannon. Harris never had a chance as he went from the ultra conservative Nix to the pass happy yet utterly reckless Mark Whipple. I consider it a minor miracle that Jedd Fisch was able to salvage Jacory's college career by turning him around the way he did.

What I find interesting is going back and looking at quarterback play and development under previous coaches. Go back and look at Harris during his first 2 years under Shannon. I think we can all agree that the duo of Shannon/Nix isn't exactly synonymous with great offense and qb play. Look at Harris as a true freshman and he is light years ahead of where Perry is in his 2nd year with Rick. Go look at Snickers Morris getting forced into action as a true freshman in 2010 and he is also much better than any QB under Rick 3 years into his time here. The more you look at the QB "coaching and development" under Rick the more frightening it becomes.

Advertisement
Back