(4)Miami vs. (1)Duke 7PM EST ESPN ACC Tournament Semifinals

Advertisement
I actually thought he battled his *** off inside tonight on the defensive end, given how completely overmatched he was from a skill/physical standpoint by Duke’s bigs.
I get it, but he looked lost the last few minutes and the tip off the FT was a killer! Didn’t crash the boards at the end! Like I said not smart play from the entire team at the end!

Wong having a bad night, bunch of hesitation and too much finesse around the rim, missed ft's, and that 4/5 minute stretch in 2nd half of us getting killed by that high screen were the difference.

Advertisement
Who will we lose.. Wong, mcgusty, Moore?

Gone FOR SURE
McGusty
Moore
Waardenburg
Gak(
R. Miller

Has eligibility remaining, but could choose to move on
Wong(Although he has eligibility remaining, likely to leave unless he feels as if he just wants to play one more year)
J. Miller(Has eligibility remaining and is likely to come back)

Everyone else should be back, forming a solid nucleus. I think Joseph will be the surprise next year, you saw what he could do defensively and as his offensive game develops, he should be a **** good PG. He looks to run the O, and that's hard to teach PGs today.

Advertisement
The brooks kid from cincy that went to ole miss would have really helped this year. Thought we played well. If Wong is half decent and we hit FTs…..but you know the saying, if my aunt had balls…..

Gone FOR SURE
McGusty
Moore
Waardenburg
Gak(
R. Miller

Wong(Although he has eligibility remaining, likely to leave unless he feels as if he just wants to play one more year)

Everyone else should be back, forming a solid nucleus. I think Joseph will be the surprise next year, you saw what he could do defensively and as his offensive game develops, he should be a **** good PG. He looks to run the O, and that's hard to teach PGs today.
Joseph will be a welcome returner. But let's be clear, he does not have an Offensive game and perhaps will never have a meaningful offensive ****nal.

A lot about this team has defied logic. Losing home games we should win. Winning road games we should probably lose. Two 18 point comebacks against Cuse. BC set up great for us to win by double digits, we squeak it out in OT. So with most every expert picking Duke to win comfortably tonight I’m gonna say the Canes bring a great effort and it’s one possession game late.
Was proud of this squad tonight. They fought through some mistakes and quite honestly, some Coach K retirement tour poor officiating, but never caved. Great fight.

Advertisement
These are the lapses that I can't understand. Makes him look so soft and sorry. Fact is he's skilled. IF he played with a motor he'd actually have a shot at the NBA.

Dude is out there like a baby giraffe man.. Its sad its just like he is out there playing as he was bigger than everyone else and he just doesnt want to hurt anyone...i mean simple just motor stuff that has been his issue since he been here hasnt really changed

I actually thought he battled his *** off inside tonight on the defensive end, given how completely overmatched he was from a skill/physical standpoint by Duke’s bigs.
Sam has been playing out of position for his entire career here at Miami, has never complained, never threatened to transfer. Yet, our dumbass fans, most of whom couldn't hoop if their lives depended on it are over here calling the guy soft. He's the only big we have on the roster worth a ****. Let that settle in. He's the only guy that will at least put up effort defensively inside. He's the only guy I can think of that can get a block on the interior. He's also one of the few guys that I trust to make a **** pass. For a big to be one of your better passers, that's useful. Never mind the fact that he's developed into a guy that isn't afraid to put the ball on the floor and go to the rack.

Keep in mind, that's not even his game. That's not what he was recruited to do. Sam has given this program everything throughout his career, he's a guy I will always respect, because he could have easily bailed and gone somewhere where he could have shone in a role he was actually suited for. Instead, he stuck it out, and gave L someone he could rely on, despite not being cut out to be an interior banger.

Admirable effort tonight. Some really questionable decisions of late though. Kam was on fire. Why did we suddenly go away from him? I wasn’t wild about fouling so quickly when down 3 with 45 seconds to go. Set a trap and try to get a steal before committing a foul. Moore chucking a 3 when down by just 4 with 15 seconds left instead of going for a quick 2. Sam not grabbing the missed FT rebound with TWO HANDS. Oh well, when you play this many close games, they’re not all going to go your way.

That might’ve been the worst game of Wong’s career. Not only was he 1/11, he had 2 boards and 0 assists and had a bunch of shots blocked. Looking more and more like he’ll have to come back for his senior season.

Kam and Miller were great tonight. Sam had 7 assists and a few nice blocks, but he was super passive on the glass. Moore had 8 assists and generally played well but forced a few shots late. Our bench was abysmal, especially Wooga. Our freshmen guards have been really disappointing.

Oh and it’s not surprising, but the refs were straight asscheeks, especially down the stretch.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Gone FOR SURE
McGusty
Moore
Waardenburg
Gak(
R. Miller

I’m not sure Joseph will ever have an offensive game. His jumper is flatter than a pancake, and he doesn’t have the quickness or length to beat many people off the dribble.

Sam has been playing out of position for his entire career here at Miami, has never complained, never threatened to transfer. Yet, our dumbass fans, most of whom couldn't hoop if their lives depended on it are over here calling the guy soft. He's the only big we have on the roster worth a ****. Let that settle in. He's the only guy that will at least put up effort defensively inside. He's the only guy I can think of that can get a block on the interior. He's also one of the few guys that I trust to make a **** pass. For a big to be one of your better passers, that's useful. Never mind the fact that he's developed into a guy that isn't afraid to put the ball on the floor and go to the rack.

Keep in mind, that's not even his game. That's not what he was recruited to do. Sam has given this program everything throughout his career, he's a guy I will always respect, because he could have easily bailed and gone somewhere where he could have shone in a role he was actually suited for. Instead, he stuck it out, and gave L someone he could rely on, despite not being cut out to be an interior banger.
The reason Sam has had to play out of position is we haven’t been able to bring in bigs to save our lives. Rodney and Gak are unplayable. It was crushing that we couldn’t bring in a portal big worth a **** this season. If we had one, this team would be infinitely better.

The reason Sam has had to play out of position is we haven’t been able to bring in bigs to save our lives. Rodney and Gak are unplayable. It was crushing that we couldn’t bring in a portal big worth a **** this season. If we had one, this team would be infinitely better.
L did fail in that area, I always wondered what Sam could have been had he been allowed to do the things he's actually good at. Dude shot 40% from deep this year, imagine if he didn't get pounded on for years, due to him having to play inside.

Sam does it in spurts. He'll have a 4-5 minute run where he's great. Active. Rebounding and blocking shots. With an occasional 3 or dunk. Then he'll turn around and have a 4-5 minute run where he's not good. Where he looks lost on D. Gets pushed around. Scared to look at the basket because he's probably afraid to miss or get hit. Folks shouldn't be fooled. He's a skilled player. Unfortunately, for him and for us, he hasn't been able to put it all together. Sucks because he's got some pro potential.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back