4* LB Josh Calvert in portal

Advertisement
Advertisement
You know that Flagg was a freshman last year right? And, Steed, who suffered some serious injuries, will probably be healthy for the first time in awhile. I'm sure you considered that as well right?
I do know those things. Still Flagg has shown very little in a ton of snaps. Disappears for entire chunks of games. Didn't show any improvement in the spring game. I held out hope for steed through out the years, but hasn't proven to be a Miami caliber MLB in my eyes. It is the only spot on D where we are in desperate need of improvement- MLB

I do know those things. Still Flagg has shown very little in a ton of snaps. Disappears for entire chunks of games. Didn't show any improvement in the spring game. I held out hope for steed through out the years, but hasn't proven to be a Miami caliber MLB in my eyes. It is the only spot on D where we are in desperate need of improvement- MLB

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. I'm holding out hope on Steed as he hasnt even had a full healthy season here. Flagg, in my opinion, showed flashes in the spring game. Was he dominant, NO, but not many true sophomores are. You can see he has improved range with the loss of weight. I guess I just didnt expect either player to walk into being all-Americans.

I do agree that we need more presence in the middle, but, to me, that's an issue of poor recruiting at LB in previous classes.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Missing out on Tennessee transfer, Desmond Tutu... or whatever his name was, was a massive fail for Aristide and Diaz. We need a big time impact player to come in and transform the LB room.

The linebackers at UM couldn't start for an average G5 team, they're that bad. You don't believe it, go re-watch the UNC game.

Go get us a difference maker. I don't care how they get it done, just get it done. If we roll out next year with the same garbage as last, that could be the nail in manny's coffin.

Advertisement
Missing out on Tennessee transfer, Desmond Tutu... or whatever his name was, was a massive fail for Aristide and Diaz. We need a big time impact player to come in and transform the LB room.

The linebackers at UM couldn't start for an average G5 team, they're that bad. You don't believe it, go re-watch the UNC game.

Go get us a difference maker. I don't care how they get it done, just get it done. If we roll out next year with the same garbage as last, that could be the nail in manny's coffin.
Why would he come here...his smartest move was going to Bama or OSU tbh.

How is it a massive fail when the kid was never going to come here?

Because he's the only LB in the portal that could have come here and made a difference. And it's their job to convince the kids.

This is the worst linebacker group Miami has had since color television was invented. Both in terms of talent and playing ability. They are easily the worst in the ACC, and possibly the worst in all major college football. We don't have a single middle linebacker who would sniff the field at Wake Forest or Temple. That's how horribly putrid this group is.

So Diaz needs to get it corrected and fast, I don't care how he does it. But it starts with getting a transfer who can come in and make a big impact NOW, not next year, not two years from now, but NOW. And Tutu was the only one I've seen hit the portal that fits the bill, but they didn't didn't sell the program well enough and allowed him to go to Alabama.

Advertisement
Back