4* LB Josh Calvert in portal

Advertisement
1620691338493.png

Interesting. So the kid hasn’t played at all, right? Havent watched any tape and know nothing about the kid but you have to be quite the athlete to play QB and double up as an LB for your HS team and produce at both spots. That HS he went to has produced a ton of guys too, they usually are pretty good in the west coast ranks.

Advertisement
Is this the big name backer supposedly hitting the portal? At this point we just need 1 of them, looks like we passed on the Texas LB...hope CMD knows what he's doing....mess around and his own position group wind up being his demise. LB is the one spot where I feel that I question his decision making...he's been on top of fixing everything else but will he fix the LB core,...remains to be seen

Advertisement
I would be shocked if we landed him. Brother is at UCLA, Westlake is Bruin territory...I mean, who knows, but would shocked if he don’t stay in Pac-12 territory.
Maybe but I thought inter conference transfers can be blocked? At the very least you usually have to sit out a year

Advertisement
Interesting. So the kid hasn’t played at all, right? Havent watched any tape and know nothing about the kid but you have to be quite the athlete to play QB and double up as an LB for your HS team and produce at both spots. That HS he went to has produced a ton of guys too, they usually are pretty good in the west coast ranks.
He’s 235 lbs now, was going to get some burn in 2019 but tore his acl

Advertisement
We got at least 4 1/2 JAGS at LB right now. We need at least 1 more 4* caliber LB. So why not this kid?
we should have taken the Texas lb ( don’t get why didn’t offer him) and this kid and we need to take the very talented but undersized fcs lb Bryson Armstrong. Take 3 lbs from the portal. Manny must be feeling good with the lbs after our spring ball to not bring a lb from the portal.

Advertisement
Back