4/6/24 Game 31: Duke 15-15 L

Wished he would have stolen 2nd on 1st move . That opens more possibilities for Villegas AB
That has to be a coaching decision. No player is going to attempt to steal a base on his own with the game on the line. Needed JD to make that call.

Advertisement
Advertisement
What’s kind of sad is they are exceeding my expectations. I think we are playing above our talent.l and like others have said they fight.

I feel bad for these kids, but did anyone realistically expect us to beat the team/HC who wanted to be in our dugout, at their place in NC?

Advertisement
The only thing I will say is this team is not worse than that 17 team that got held to 3 total runs including two shutouts at home by Dartmouth. I think it was 17 or 18 that we were 13 and 18 at one point though. The 13 team is a bad comparison because we actually went 35 and 21 overall during the regular season that year despite the losing ACC record.

That has to be a coaching decision. No player is going to attempt to steal a base on his own with the game on the line. Needed JD to make that call.
Well time the pitcher, and send him ….He's 3.18 steal time to 2nd….they sent Cyr . Oh boy

This is Miami athletics in a nutshell.

“The battled. They did their best. Just came up short. We’ll get them next year. We’re one year away.”

What a ******* joke.
That is just the expectations for this season. If you thought they were going to Omaha, you are the only one in the chat.

This is what we were dealt. Next season we will hit the portal hard and bring in good freshman

Advertisement
Well time the pitcher, and send him ….He's 3.18 steal time to 2nd….they sent Cyr . Oh boy
I'm agreeing with you. You have your fastest player. I'm saying JD should have made the call.

You said Long should have went on 1st move. I took it as it being Long's decision to steal 2nd. He's not going to make that decision with the game on the line even if he has the freedom to steal anytime. JD could/should have called for a steal.

That is just the expectations for this season. If you thought they were going to Omaha, you are the only one in the chat.

This is what we were dealt. Next season we will hit the portal hard and bring in good freshman
I said this was a .500 team. I’m also not too dumb to realize the HC has been part of the problem for 2 decades now. This isn’t the hand we were dealt, this is the hand we chose.

Advertisement
I said this was a .500 team. I’m also not too dumb to realize the HC has been part of the problem for 2 decades now. This isn’t the hand we were dealt, this is the hand we chose.
Hand we were dealt... our previous coach stepped down allowing us a free pass to make a strong hire .... we were dealt black jack and our answer was "Go Fish"

You’re a great addition to this board. And we sincerely appreciate your contributions but please for the love of god don’t come on here with this bull****. This is a group that has seen through the bs from the creation of cis. No need to blow smoke. This team will be above mediocre next year and will ultimately fall short when it matters most

Advertisement
Back