4/6/24 Game 31: Duke 15-15 L

You reap what you sow as they say. It’s mind boggling the powers that be came to the conclusion that JD was the best coach to lead this program. Totally turned a blind eye to the many, many qualified people who could have turned this program around. Sad to watch.

Advertisement
I said this was a .500 team. I’m also not too dumb to realize the HC has been part of the problem for 2 decades now. This isn’t the hand we were dealt, this is the hand we chose.
Given what we lost to the draft last and the coaching change, we are about as good offensively as one could expect. I wish they'd put more balls in play, but we haven't lost much in the power department.

The biggest thing is the pitching which should have NEVER gotten this bad. Outside of our Friday and Saturday starters, the rest of the pitchers struggle. Some shouldn't be pitching at this level. There's no excuse for a HC that was the pitching coach for 2 decades. Sure he missed out on the portal because of the timing of his hiring, but he should not have had to rely on the portal for his pitchers. The arms should be stacked year in and year out. He needs to recruit and stack talent the way Mario does with his football team.

NIL will help, but if you don't have a system of talent acquisition and development, it won't matter.

You’re a great addition to this board. And we sincerely appreciate your contributions but please for the love of god don’t come on here with this bull****. This is a group that has seen through the bs from the creation of cis. No need to blow smoke. This team will be above mediocre next year and will ultimately fall short when it matters most
What smoke? Did anyone read the Mike Kaffee articles i sent during the preseason? JD was hired with one week left in the portal. They could of hired the best coach in baseball, MLB, College or Japan. **** they could of even brought back Frazier and you would of still had the same results?

Just confused by what everyone is so delusional about? No one in here said they were going to Ohama, everyone expectations including myself was
Floor: FSU last season under .500
Celling: Making the tournament

What has everyone jumping off ship? did you all recalibrate your expectations because we beat UNC and Virginia?

We were dealt with what we got.

1 week left in the portal we got:

Dwyer: played in less than 5 games
Costello: 5 hits total in 15 games
JD Urso: Terrible

Again you all need a reality check

Let me just ask What does the Duke coach do for this team if he was our coach right now? He would do absolutely nothing. His team can barely beat a terrible Miami team at home.

Advertisement
Also JD's hires
Laz: 10+ year veteran in the MLB and coach for d2 national champs. Has improved our pitching
Fenster: 20+ years in MLB or minors. He has been terrible, but i blame the players.

What a lazy hire JD was. He hired a bunch of pros. When is the last time Miami has hired pros in their coaching staff? I thought the coach was the CEO? "all of you shut ya mouths and enjoy the ride JD is taking us on" - The Rock

You’re a great addition to this board. And we sincerely appreciate your contributions but please for the love of god don’t come on here with this bull****. This is a group that has seen through the bs from the creation of cis. No need to blow smoke. This team will be above mediocre next year and will ultimately fall short when it matters most
also brother i'm just a fan like all of you, I used to write for this page when i was 15-17 which was almost 6-7 years ago. I just post on this board so we can talk baseball. Theres no where else to talk baseball for the canes

What also makes everyone think we will suck next year?

you guys really think were not going to hit the portal hard? Do you think we don't have money to get players?

Do you not believe in our freshman coming in? @scane has said it best only 110 HS kids got drafted in 20 rounds. + You have young pitching in the bullpen and your key players are freshman/sophomore.

I'm just confused gentlemen when has our baseball program ever been mediocre like the football team? Truthfully let me know if I'm lying, because in my 24 years as a fan. The baseball team has been the best team and its not even close

Advertisement
I look forward to all your reply's #GoCanes and win today
prayer GIF

We were dealt with what we got.

1 week left in the portal we got:

Dwyer: played in less than 5 games
Costello: 5 hits total in 15 games
JD Urso: Terrible

Again you all need a reality check
You’re acting like the portal is some panacea. The vast majority of portal players now enter for two reasons: they weren’t good enough to earn playing time on their former team, or they are whoring for NIL money. Miami boosters and alumni aren’t throwing tons of money at baseball players. So that leaves you with role players. You are supposed to build your team through recruiting and develop those players through good coaching. JD inherited a top 15 recruiting class and had every advantage available to him like I detailed in an earlier post. This was never a rebuild year. His expectation was to advance past the regional for once.

you guys really think were not going to hit the portal hard? Do you think we don't have money to get players?

Do you not believe in our freshman coming in? @scane has said it best only 110 HS kids got drafted in 20 rounds. + You have young pitching in the bullpen and your key players are freshman/sophomore.

I'm just confused gentlemen when has our baseball program ever been mediocre like the football team? Truthfully let me know if I'm lying, because in my 24 years as a fan. The baseball team has been the best team and its not even close
It’s the brand of baseball I’m seeing. It’s atrocious and the same bad baseball I’ve watched for 15 years…. With yet another Morris protege who has been there for all of these mediocre 15 years.

08 was the only year in the last 16 years I thought we had any shot To make noise in Omaha. I attended because of it and I don’t think I’ve ever been so disappointed watching a miami athletics program than the meltdown I saw in Omaha that year.

Even in the years we have been winning a lot of regular season games… Many of us on this board if not The majority of us on this board had massive question marks because of the bad brand of baseball we play. The years we made it to Omaha recently all of us knew we were likely going to get obliterated in Omaha because of the bad brand of baseball we play. And we did just that.

Morris started the bad brand of baseball, Gino continued it, and now JD is just continuing the crappy product.

Maybe a miracle happens next year and JD and this staff form a team that does the little things right consistently. Would be great because all of us on this board and in this fanbase deserve it but it’s highly highly unlikely

Advertisement
sometimes you should just shut ya mouth with your negativity if all you do is push negativity. We can be #1 in the nation next year and you'll still say JD sucks. Hit the highway dude.
I'll still be here. For positives and negatives. Like I have been. You act like there are positives. That there are .500 expectations at Miami is the problem. Hiring JD is self-induced. Hiring JD late in the portal season is self-induced. These are Miami-ing problems. AGAIN. None of that is positive. Ziehl is a positive. Cuvet has been fun. Cyr has had some great moments during a rough personal season.

**** off with your crying about people being negative...

And you never learn... as an example of you double and tripling down...

Last edited:

I've been a fan since the late 70's. The baseball and football programs have been mediocre since joining the acc. From 1978 to 2004 Miami missed Omaha a total of 8 times. Since then Miami has missed the CWS 12 times and about to be 13. Miami baseball should never be out of the top 10. The football team has been terrible compared to what us old heads are used to seeing... but so has the baseball team.

1978-2005 20/28 CWS appearances .714
2006-2022 4/18 CWS appearances .222

You’re acting like the portal is some panacea. The vast majority of portal players now enter for two reasons: they weren’t good enough to earn playing time on their former team, or they are whoring for NIL money. Miami boosters and alumni aren’t throwing tons of money at baseball players. So that leaves you with role players. You are supposed to build your team through recruiting and develop those players through good coaching. JD inherited a top 15 recruiting class and had every advantage available to him like I detailed in an earlier post. This was never a rebuild year. His expectation was to advance past the regional for once.
The new Miami... make everything seem like a complete rebuild... to excuse poor results..

Advertisement
What smoke? Did anyone read the Mike Kaffee articles i sent during the preseason? JD was hired with one week left in the portal. They could of hired the best coach in baseball, MLB, College or Japan. **** they could of even brought back Frazier and you would of still had the same results?

Just confused by what everyone is so delusional about? No one in here said they were going to Ohama, everyone expectations including myself was
Floor: FSU last season under .500
Celling: Making the tournament

What has everyone jumping off ship? did you all recalibrate your expectations because we beat UNC and Virginia?
The school took that long to settle on JD. They chose this. That’s not an excuse. That’s a consequence of an action.

The portal was irrelevant this past year. We weren’t getting Shelton, or Amick, or Burns. Nobody willing to come to Miami was a season changing talent. But again it’s a good excuse to throw around.

Advertisement
Back