4/6/24 Game 31: Duke 15-15 L

The school took that long to settle on JD. They chose this. That’s not an excuse. That’s a consequence of an action.
And here is a likely reality for the MiamiBros --- if you want to hire your friends, and you want them to be successful, then you need to pay the bills and the bills are suck tax NIL. because your poor coaches, need advanced talent advantages to win on game day....

Mario and JD win. Fan****ingTastic! Because that is what we all want.

Let's ******* win today.

Advertisement
JD was hired with one week left in the portal.

This has got to be the worst excuse possible. Yes, he was hired late, but HE HAD ALREADY BEEN HERE FOR THE PREVIOUS 21 YEARS.

This mess is as much his as anyone else's. Please don't act as though he's some fresh new guy who stumbled into a bad situation and needs time to get it right.

JD and his f***** shift? He completely ignored what the batter was actually doing. Early in the count the LH batter hit a foul ball to the left side. He showed that he was going opposite field with 2 strikes letting the ball travel deep.

I just shake my head at the lack of basic observation.

Last edited:
Advertisement
An excellent outing from Hernandez. Overall, the pitching has been good this weekend. A little better offensive performance the first two days and this would be a series win for the Canes.

Despite losing the series, I think this weekend is something to build from. Our pitching had a good week. We need the offense to generate runs like they've done today.

EDIT: Wow!!! Assumed this game was in the bag. Switched over to the Women's basketball championship game.

I spoke too soon about the pitching. A 6 run lead blown in 1 inning. Losing this game would be epic!!!

Last edited:
But what would he do for Miami this season? His top 10 Duke team can barely beat us lol. And according to you all. We are the bad news bears
So you are giving credit for "battling", but not for him winning games... interesting... I get that the site isn't going to say anything negative about the staff, but that is why I said there are times saying nothing is better.... vs. trying to convince people who have been following the program for longer than you have been alive that they are blind...

Advertisement
No one has answered the question. What coach is taking this team to a national championship. Who should we have hired that would have made the difference this season? I don’t think the Duke guy would have made a difference. His team can barely beat our team.

What about LSU coach? Jay Johnson?
Florida’s coach?
Arkansas’s coach?
Coach Frazier?

The answer is no one

So you are giving credit for "battling", but not for him winning games... interesting... I get that the site isn't going to say anything negative about the staff, but that is why I said there are times saying nothing is better.... vs. trying to convince people who have been following the program for longer than you have been alive that they are blind...
I am blind. The person that sits next to me at the games. Has gone to every home game since 1969. He has seen the 20/25 CWS appearances. I hear about the history and the good times. But today is 2024

Also brother. What would be the major difference between Duke Coach & JD this season. Not the future, but just this season. What is the Duke coach doing differently with this team.

I am blind. The person that sits next to me at the games. Has gone to every home game since 1969. He has seen the 20/25 CWS appearances. I hear about the history and the good times. But today is 2024

Also brother. What would be the major difference between Duke Coach & JD this season. Not the future, but just this season. What is the Duke coach doing differently with this team.
Duke is 23-8, won their first series against us since 2018, and they are ranked 9th. We are fighting to be .500. Duke's coach is winning baseball games at a higher percentage than JD...in 2024...

We had a free pass to make a great hire with Gino retiring and we hired JD ... late in the hiring process... Sad

And to the bad news bears... we blew a 6 run lead and a Miami baserunner just gets thrown out at 3rd for the last out of the inning...

Last edited:
Duke is 23-8, won their first series against us since 2018, and they are ranked 9th. We are fighting to be .500. Duke's coach is winning baseball games at a higher percentage than JD...in 2024...

We had a free pass to make a great hire with Gino retiring and we hired JD ... late in the hiring process... Sad

And to the bad news bears... we blew a 6 run lead and a Miami baserunner just gets thrown out at 3rd for the last out of the inning...
You still haven’t answered the question. What would our record be if the Duke coach was the Miami coach this season.

Advertisement
You still haven’t answered the question. What would our record be if the Duke coach was the Miami coach this season.
There is no way to prove that either way, but he is a proven head coach who just swept the guy we did hire... The no way to prove it goes for Joe Torre, Alex Cora, Whitey Herzog, or you as the HC...

Why are you in love with the choice of JD?

There is no way to prove that either way, but he is a proven head coach who just swept the guy we did hire... The no way to prove it goes for Joe Torre, Alex Cora, Whitey Herzog, or you as the HC...

bc hes bought and paid for by Rudy. he has to grovel to the feet of this clown who knows nothing about athletics. just wait till we end up in the B45 instead of the b10 or sec bc Rudy knows all

dude dipped out to cover bama he aint a cane

This has got to be the worst excuse possible. Yes, he was hired late, but HE HAD ALREADY BEEN HERE FOR THE PREVIOUS 21 YEARS.

This mess is as much his as anyone else's. Please don't act as though he's some fresh new guy who stumbled into a bad situation and needs time to get it right.
This.

No excuses for the pitching situation… these are his guys he evaluated, offered/recruited, and signed.

Honestly if the bats don’t score almost 10 runs for anyone on the mound other than Gage it feels like a L.

Advertisement
Urso reached base 4 times yesterday. It's not like he's some big upgrade from Jimenez (downgrade on defense) but would like to see him a get a prolonged shot before Jimenez is ruined for good.

Amen brother.

I’m not in love, I’m just point out the fact that anyone can be the coach this season and we still would be in the same situation.

I’m not in love, I’m just point out the fact that anyone can be the coach this season and we still would be in the same situation.
If coaching doesn’t matter, than why not just hire Jay Rokeach, the milkshake guy, or Sebastian and save some cash? No, the best coach in the world cannot go to Omaha with NAIA players. But this club is the sum of several top 15 and even top 5 recruiting classes and has underperformed mightily. Plenty of guys that could have done better.

Advertisement
Back