3rd Best Recruiting Class in ACC

I don't understand the expectations for Richt after a month on the job at a program that was nearly dead. It's like waking up a month ago after being in a coma for four years and being mad at the doctor because you couldn't run in a marathon today. Give it time guys. We're lucky the program isn't in the ground.

This! You think Bama, LSU, etc were built in 1 year? Consistently being in the top 25 or better will consistently land us better and better recruits. It's actually a pretty awesome class given how bad we were the first half of last year (don't forget those close games vs FAU and Nebraska or the blowout by Clemson)

Advertisement
According to Rivals we have the 23rd ranked recruiting class, and the 4th best in the ACC. Same with Scout I believe. Not sure about 247... but I believe they have us ranked a little higher than Rivals.

Rivals are paid by subscribers in other words what fan base pays to see our **** every month will slightly dictate our rankings lol

We have 11 espn 300 commits

The big bad tar heels have 1

I remember a few posters on here saying we couldn't recruit like them or match up with them

According to Rivals, UNC has a higher ranked class. So it depends on which recruiting service you believe.

False. Anybody who grades by total number of stars- rewarding big classes of average guys- isn't worth listening to.

I could care less about rivals or scout rankings. We beat Florida and Florida State for FLORIDA players where it ALL begins.

Got a killer QB, RB, best LB corps in a looong time, a sick WR group, Finley who looks like the real deal (go watch his film), 3 outstanding DL, and a CB who WILL PLAY.

Haskings, Young, Bethel, and Finley were all scooped up in less than a month and all are CMR recruits which is outstanding considering we had a month to get them.

Held on to Bruce and Richards who were being lured to top programs.

Allison, Bethel and three KILLER LB's have been in school already and will play spring ball.

ONE FLAKY CB MISS AND ONE WR (these grow on trees in SFL) is nothing to sweat (much less meltdown about) and we now know their true character.

Coaches worked nonstop to get this class together and they should be praised.

We are coming - anyone who biatches about this class is a ******.

Advertisement
According to Rivals we have the 23rd ranked recruiting class, and the 4th best in the ACC. Same with Scout I believe. Not sure about 247... but I believe they have us ranked a little higher than Rivals.

Rivals are paid by subscribers in other words what fan base pays to see our **** every month will slightly dictate our rankings lol

Aren't all of them that way?

We will load up in 2017.....But one player we should be hard on is Jerry Jeudy. He really likes Bama. But us winning, and staying on him might sway him our way.

Advertisement
AHAHAHA. No way in **** is Pitt , UNC or Duke's class better then ours although Duke's was pretty impressive. We are easily the 3rd best class in the ACC though FSU and Clemson obviously did better then us ( as they should since we have sucked since 2005).

I want to know how many Mercedes Dealerships in Alabama are having to fork over their 2017 lineups to sign these kids to Bama.

Advertisement
Remember we get Gerald Willis this year, so only getting 1 DT is not as bad as it seems.

Very true add a 5* DT for Richt in the class then because u can count Willis as aprt of this class

We have some talented players signed, some already in school. Next cycle we'll take a step forward again. This is as good as we could hope for IMO with the situation and how average we have been for 10 years. Malek Young is a CB, so its not like we signed no one. Getting Finley was also huge. But am also gald we didn't pile the class with average players and projects like Golden was doing, missing on 9 and hitting 1. It is what it is. 2 players don't make or break a class unless they are can't miss prospects like Adrian Peterson etc.

Seems like we say that every cycle. Next year is gonna be the great haul we've been waiting for. And then another year comes and goes.

new staff. look at michigan. they were 37th in haurbaugh first year i think were 6th this year or in that area. richt has a history of top 10 classes yr in yr out at georgia. he is gonna nail a top 5 class next year.

one we will sign more then 18 kids. depending on how many scholorships have , with only 18 in this cycle. can do 32 next year if have the spots. that alone gets us top 10 then throw in fact at georgia richt had 51 pct of his kids 4 star or better.

the optimism is warrented this time , its one thing to watch golden go and get a top 15 class but still have more 3 stars then 4 stars and what richt did. signed only 18 but 11 were 4 star kids on all sites.

rivals and scout are more about how many u sign and total pts. 247 is a bit better as is espn. that said miami did good for a transition year. next year this staff should score big.

its not like donofrio is our dc, or coley or oc this year coming up. that alone will get kids here. richt and this talent on offense should score 30 or more every game. the d will be agressive, i expect way fewer wr screens. way more blitzing on d and way more penatration less read and react as a d.

we have the best dl coach in college in coach kool a solid dc in diaz, 2 up and comers in banda and rumph as db coaches, we have a respected ol coach in searles an up and coming rb coach who has coached nothing but stars are rb, a wr coach who may be best recruiter on staff, a te coach/special teams coordinator who seems to be a solid recruiter , this staff alone should do better.

miami has talent on team, golden took to many projects though. richt isn't gonna do that. we found that out when he said thanks no thanks to guys like wiggins and phillips.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back