3rd Best Recruiting Class in ACC

Eyedoctor2

Redshirt Freshman
2016 Football Team Rankings

Edward Aschoff ‏@AschoffESPN 8m8 minutes ago
So far UF has signed just 4 of the top 50 players in the state of Florida. Miami has 10 and FSU has 8, according to ESPN RecruitingNation

Top 20 class overall impressive given time new staff had to put it together.

Certain it will translate to even better results on the field.

Go Canes!!

Last edited:
Advertisement
I don't understand the expectations for Richt after a month on the job at a program that was nearly dead. It's like waking up a month ago after being in a coma for four years and being mad at the doctor because you couldn't run in a marathon today. Give it time guys. We're lucky the program isn't in the ground.

more 4* players than the other 11 teams combined and we only brought in 18 kids!!

Zero excuses for not winning at least 10 games every year here!

Based on the link ... Anybody notice Jedd Fisch is now a top 10 college recruiter?

:monkey-serious:

Advertisement
I don't understand the expectations for Richt after a month on the job at a program that was nearly dead. It's like waking up a month ago after being in a coma for four years and being mad at the doctor because you couldn't run in a marathon today. Give it time guys. We're lucky the program isn't in the ground.

I'm convinced that they're trolling at this point. No one in their right mind should be angry with how this turned out.

Richards committing softened the blow of losing Byrd. (who I'm now glad didn't come... weird kid that I don't think fits the Miami profile, jmo)

Let's keep this trend up with the Top Florida kids and I'm happy.

Based on recruiting rankings, we should be in Charlotte every year. We need our coaching and play on Saturday to catch up. Going to the ACCCG shouldn't be the final goal, but the success of winning and going to the game (and winning that game) will catapult us to the consistent top 10 classes. Let's get this **** done in the fall.

Advertisement
2016 Football Team Rankings

Edward Aschoff ‏@AschoffESPN 8m8 minutes ago
So far UF has signed just 4 of the top 50 players in the state of Florida. Miami has 10 and FSU has 8, according to ESPN RecruitingNation

Top 20 class overall impressive given time new staff had to put it together.

Certain it will translate to even better results on the field.

Go Canes!!
This ^^^^^ is the key to our future... winning the battle of top talented players in the state of Florida, especially South Florida. We took a big step forward today and with some more wins on the field and a more inspiring style of play, we on our way up.

We have 11 espn 300 commits

The big bad tar heels have 1

I remember a few posters on here saying we couldn't recruit like them or match up with them

According to Rivals we have the 23rd ranked recruiting class, and the 4th best in the ACC. Same with Scout I believe. Not sure about 247... but I believe they have us ranked a little higher than Rivals.

Advertisement
We have 11 espn 300 commits

The big bad tar heels have 1

I remember a few posters on here saying we couldn't recruit like them or match up with them

According to Rivals, UNC has a higher ranked class. So it depends on which recruiting service you believe.

If you go by Scout's rankings, we are 38th and (well) behind FSU, Clemson, UNC, Pitt and even Duke who has almost identical average star rating. Only 4 of top 300.

Advertisement
We have some talented players signed, some already in school. Next cycle we'll take a step forward again. This is as good as we could hope for IMO with the situation and how average we have been for 10 years. Malek Young is a CB, so its not like we signed no one. Getting Finley was also huge. But am also gald we didn't pile the class with average players and projects like Golden was doing, missing on 9 and hitting 1. It is what it is. 2 players don't make or break a class unless they are can't miss prospects like Adrian Peterson etc.

We have some talented players signed, some already in school. Next cycle we'll take a step forward again. This is as good as we could hope for IMO with the situation and how average we have been for 10 years. Malek Young is a CB, so its not like we signed no one. Getting Finley was also huge. But am also gald we didn't pile the class with average players and projects like Golden was doing, missing on 9 and hitting 1. It is what it is. 2 players don't make or break a class unless they are can't miss prospects like Adrian Peterson etc.

Seems like we say that every cycle. Next year is gonna be the great haul we've been waiting for. And then another year comes and goes.

Seems like we say that every cycle. Next year is gonna be the great haul we've been waiting for. And then another year comes and goes.
I never said that under El Foldo. That is just a ridiculous statement. I knew what was coming annually under that fat bich. Early moment until the kids see the abortion on the field then the decommits up to signing day. We held on to Bruce, Richards and McCloud as well as kids who never wavered. You can mope if you want to but they would have jet if Golden was here

If you go by Scout's rankings, we are 38th and (well) behind FSU, Clemson, UNC, Pitt and even Duke who has almost identical average star rating. Only 4 of top 300.

We can at least say we've recruited well enough the past couple years to be on par with the other teams in the coastal.... UNC, Duke, etc

The rest will come down to coaching and player development, as to whether we have a shot to win the coastal division in the next year or two

Advertisement
Back