31 current players from Dade, Broward, Palm Beach

I don't mind a roster with only 30 to 35 South Florida kids if most of them are solid players. My issue is the South Florida kids that we're missing out on...or the South Florida kids that we don't even recruit. I also have a problem with us going out of town to recruit certain kids when we have equal or better kids in our own backyard.
(i.e. going to the West coast to sign Danny Dillard and Nate Dortch when you have Fabian Moreau 30 minutes away)
(i.e. going to the Carolinas to sign Braxton Berrios when you have Isiah McKenzie right up the road)

I agree with this, except berrios deserved to be recruited the kid balls out every game, we should have recruited mckenzie too

He really didn't ball out but it was only his freshman year... I sometimes wonder how accurate his Sparq performance was because he didn't look like he ran a 4.4 with a 3.8 shuttle(I don't think anyone in the draft ran that last year). He was solid but nothing special.

Advertisement
I don't mind a roster with only 30 to 35 South Florida kids if most of them are solid players. My issue is the South Florida kids that we're missing out on...or the South Florida kids that we don't even recruit. I also have a problem with us going out of town to recruit certain kids when we have equal or better kids in our own backyard.
(i.e. going to the West coast to sign Danny Dillard and Nate Dortch when you have Fabian Moreau 30 minutes away)
(i.e. going to the Carolinas to sign Braxton Berrios when you have Isiah McKenzie right up the road)

I agree with this, except berrios deserved to be recruited the kid balls out every game, we should have recruited mckenzie too

He really didn't ball out but it was only his freshman year... I sometimes wonder how accurate his Sparq performance was because he didn't look like he ran a 4.4 with a 3.8 shuttle(I don't think anyone in the draft ran that last year). He was solid but nothing special.

If he continues to develop, he will be tremendous in the slot within the next year or two. Kid can absolutely play at this level, my problem is that we had other guys who could have contributed more in 2014 at his position. Definitely a kid who needed a redshirt year to come out swinging in 2015.

You can't blame the staff for getting barrios man. Kid can ball and loves the U. He came to camp and was on campus all the time. Other dude didn't even really give us a look. Just expected an offer smh. These SF divas I swear!

I like Berrios but he ain't in the same league as McKenzie.

And since when does a prospect have to give the school a look? It's the other way around.

Well while we are waiting for Berrios to "develop" McKenzie is already scoring explosive TD's and making SEC defenders look stupid.

He balls out every game?

Look, I'm not saying he wasn't recruitable, but we had a more explosive kid right up the road.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back