30 X 13=11?

I've been watching the Canes for 40 years and been a season ticket holder the majority of my adult life. So I've been watching them a while.

As far as the 5 TO national champions, that is irrelevant. The game is completely different today than it was back then. Your 2019 National Champion LSU Tigers, with all their draft choices, gave up 38 points to Vanderbilt and 37 to Ole Miss.

The point I'm trying to make with this thread is over the last three seasons this defense has rarely gone out and given up a ton of points without some type of massive failure by the offense. It's not the best in college football obviously, but in any given game if the offense plays clean and puts up decent scoring numbers it's almost a guaranteed W for us.

If we consistently put up a reasonable amount of points it will be enough for us to hit 10-11 wins.

We just have different standards. The ACC Coastal is trash. 10 wins last year would have been cosmetic trash - just like CMR’s 10 wins? The team has glaring weaknesses and scoring a few more points will only mask the ugly truth underneath. The 2019 schedule was HORRID. Eventually it will always come out because the defensive staff isn’t that strong.

Offense has been an issue. Sure. But even if the offense turns the ball over 4 times - I certainly don’t expect our defense to give up 3 TDs. That’s ridiculous. That’s what I’m trying to reveal to you guys. A good defense doesn’t do that.

And again - the 5 interceptions game was an example. If you have been a fan for 40 years, you know there are tons of other games to use as a reference as well.

Advertisement
Want to know an amazing stat?

In games where the Canes have scored 30 or more points and allowed less than 30 points, they have an all time 1.000 win percentage.

In fact, the same stat is true of every team in CFB.

We just have different standards. The ACC Coastal is trash. 10 wins last year would have been cosmetic trash - just like CMR’s 10 wins? The team has glaring weaknesses and scoring a few more points will only mask the ugly truth underneath. The 2019 schedule was HORRID. Eventually it will always come out because the defensive staff isn’t that strong.

Offense has been an issue. Sure. But even if the offense turns the ball over 4 times - I certainly don’t expect our defense to give up 3 TDs. That’s ridiculous. That’s what I’m trying to reveal to you guys. A good defense doesn’t do that.

And again - the 5 interceptions game was an example. If you have been a fan for 40 years, you know there are tons of other games to use as a reference as well.

As much as the Coastal usually sucks, the Coastal (and the Atlantic except for Clemson) was worse last year than I can ever recall it being. Plus we played only one Power 5 team OOC, and FSU was awful.

10-3 or 10-4 vs that scedule would have been horrid.

Want to know an amazing stat?

In games where the Canes have scored 30 or more points and allowed less than 30 points, they have an all time 1.000 win percentage.

In fact, the same stat is true of every team in CFB.

When you’re gone soon and are creating your 5th or 6th identity, try and remember I gave you the benefit of the doubt and stuck up for you.

Advertisement
As much as the Coastal usually sucks, the Coastal (and the Atlantic except for Clemson) was worse last year than I can ever recall it being. Plus we played only one Power 5 team OOC, and FSU was awful.

10-3 or 10-4 vs that scedule would have been horrid.

Agreed. 10 is trash. Diaz won 6 games and lost to:
UNC
GT
FIU
DUKE
LT

😂🤮😂🤮😂🤮😂🤮
Win those games and that’s 11 wins vs pretty mediocre/avg/marginal teams. That’s even after we give him a toss up loss to average *** VT.

I told you guys mopes had the right to mope. Giving this doofus the benefit of the doubt.
1956B1E2-741A-4236-98FA-B9D8BBEFC76C.gif

Imho we get ahead of people and they have to throw to keep up we are gonna eat on defense. Teams like Wisconsin who pound us until they wear us out are what kills us.

THIS.

We have to score points. Our defense is made to complement a high octane offense. We rarely get to play with a two score lead.

If we did, we would get more blowout wins and build more momentum as a team.

We can’t afford to have garbage situational playcalling on defense with an offense as unproductive as recent years.

No defense can overcome that type pressure in the modern game. Defense is good not great. With a few adjustments we can play even better football. I’m excited to see the growth of our defensive tackles. If they develop to be solid ( nose eating blocks and 3tech penetrating, we can make some noise with Lashlee putting up more points.

Advertisement
THIS.

We have to score points. Our defense is made to complement a high octane offense. We rarely get to play with a two score lead.

If we did, we would get more blowout wins and build more momentum as a team

We can’t afford to have garbage situational playcalling on defense with an offense as unproductive as recent years.

No defense can overcome that type pressure in the modern game. Defense is good not great. With a few adjustments we can play even better football. I’m excited to see the growth of our defensive tackles. If they develop to be solid ( nose eating blocks and 3tech penetrating, we can make some noise with Lashlee putting up more points.

Excellent post sir!

Thought of our conversation when I saw this stat just now:

Thought of our conversation when I saw this stat just now:

That's really not very surprising at all.

No other team has dominated their conference like Clemson the past five seasons.

They have a 69-5 record (.932 win%) since 2015.

The rest of the ACC is 434-393 (.532) in that time.

It's quite simple. Clemson has been so much better than their peers the past five seasons they can afford to turn the ball over, coast for three quarters and still win 9 out of 10 games.

It's similar to when the CANES played in the BigEast from 2000-2003.

That's really not very surprising at all.

No other team has dominated their conference like Clemson the past five seasons.

They have a 69-5 record (.932 win%) since 2015

The rest of the ACC is 434-393 (.532) in that time.

It's quite simple. Clemson has been so much better than their peers the past five seasons they can afford to turn the ball over, coast for three quarters and still win 9 out of 10 games.

It's similar to when the CANES played in the BigEast from 2000-2003.

Definitely a testament to what they’ve built there.

It also puts the whole “If our defense was really good it should have overcome eight turnovers in four quarters against Wisconsin and VT” argument in perspective.

It’s hard enough to beat a good opponent without giving them 4-5 extra possessions in a game.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back