3 UNC DBs Opt Out

Advertisement
DJ Ford starting SS
Bryce Watts transfer that was going to compete for playing time
Javon Terry JAG

Advertisement
entire cuse team sat out practice
Apparently they're ok with what Syracuse has done as far as COVID but not sure about the rest of the ACC or Liberty which is their non-conference game. So instead of practice they met with coaches and the AD. I got no issue with players voicing their concerns but it aint like Liberty or BC is gonna send them their daily protocols because they sat out a practice. Doesn't make much sense.

Advertisement
The more announcements, the more it isn’t good for college football in general.
I said this to colleagues and to my wife back in March....it is relatively simple to make the decision to shut down. But what are the metrics to reopen? Is it cases under 1,000 per day in the US? 100? 10 per day in the affected city? None in the affected city? Is it robust contact tracing coupled with a vaccine? Does the vaccine have to have x% of effectiveness?

Depending on how high the standards are - some college teams may be shuttered for so long as to never return.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Unless you are at a high health risk or a first rounder, sitting out makes no sense.
Why? You don't lose any eligibility. So, actually, there isn't any reason for a student athlete to play this year.

Let's not forget, the virus is about transmission. So, just because a player may not get sick, he may give it to another teammate, a coach, a family member, or people in the community that do get sick. Also, people can experience long term health affects such as lung scarring, etc. Major League Baseball can't even keep teams healthy with all their resources. College football will more than likely test once or twice a week. There's going to be outbreaks. You can bet on it. Same deal for kids going to elementary thru high school and most of them won't even be tested. We've already seen it in Georgia. We now know that children 10 and older transmit Covid-19 at the same capacity as adults.

Everyone wants football, but people have lost their minds trying to down play Covid-19. I don't need my football fix at the expense of student athlete's health. If things don't improve and the proper resources aren't in place then the powers that be should just cancel the season. People's ignorance, incompetence, politicization, and unwillingness to follow what the medical and scientific experts told us to do several months ago have put us in this position. Quite frankly, we don't deserve football and NO one has the right to complain when these student athletes don't want to participate in the middle of a pandemic.

Advertisement
Back