3-Star Offensive Lineman Plazz Commits to Miami Hurricanes' 2024 Recruiting Class

Advertisement
Unfortunately it’s what fans have to go by. Plus, there’s a correlation with performance and blue chip ratio whether we want to accept or not.
Who gives a flying **** on what the fans think? This fanbase is among the most cancerous on the ******* planet and if we followed the majority of the fanbase every time, I'm not even sure if we should have nuked the program instead.

Added these two bullets from the Sixth Ring interview

• Didn't want to play for the Noles cause he knows Adkins is going to get a promotion and bounce (they were after him big time)
  • Also didn't want to play for the Noles because he doesn't want to play for a program that already has rebuilt. Wants to be part of a program that is rebuilding so he can be part of the rebuild process.

Who gives a flying **** on what the fans think? This fanbase is among the most cancerous on the ******* planet and if we followed the majority of the fanbase every time, I'm not even sure if we should have nuked the program instead.
Honestly, we’re not as bad as a lot of other message boards…or at least on par with many. Just going through various sites from time to time to get a feel as to where each program’s fans think they are relative to the national landscape…Bama, Oregon, OSU, Texas, UF, FSU, Penn St, Tennessee, Auburn, Michigan, Michigan St, Nebraska, Arkansas, UNC, etc. are all arrogant as ****.

We have nuts fans but so do a lot of fan bases. The only difference I’ll say is that we and Nebraska tend to act like we’re in the early 2000’s sometimes, which shows how desperate we want to be relevant again, and yet a bit ignorant of the current state of things. Passion, arrogance and stupidity sometimes blur.

Last edited:
@No_Fly_Zone

1st, I want to thank you for a well put together response. It's legitimately, all I've asked for.

The snide remark at the end was unnecessary but it provided a lil Flava and I'm ok wit Dat.

I never said anything,remotely close too or, stupid as " Mario and Zo are so elite their 3 stars are 5 stars bro." Yall being real goofy bout this **** but I guess its all fun and games.

My point is. We stacked some good *** talent Mario first class, top ten class last year. Killin the portal, are we going to be relying on these guys next year or will we have enough depth for them to develop?

Why are we expecting so much based upon what other schools are doing when we don't even know what they telling these MF kids?

Yall laughing and making jokes but yall really the delusional 1s thinking we sppsed to just consistently recruit against teams who have had more recent success than us. Whether it be putting players in the NFL, MNCs, Conference Ships, even being able to say you beat a top 5 to 10 ranked team. Got a good bowl record, I could go on and on.

**** we can't say about ourselves or negatively recruit other schools in return.

I just think yall burnt tf out and are far too emotional about the ****. Let the **** play out.

It wasn't intended to be a snide comment. Honestly, all I asked you to do was the inverse of what you asked the forum to do (and what I had just done), but I did hope it might inspire a moment of self-reflection from you. Please recognize that you jumped into this thread clearly upset and asking for people to tell you what they saw on tape without saying what you saw on tape. You asked everyone to support their argument based on film without doing the same. The thing is, if you are being fair and paying attention, you'd know many of the people in this thread have provided their opinions on this and other recruits based on what they see on film.

Also, people who clamor "ignore the stars, it's all about the evals," and the people who yell "all I care about are stars" are two sides of the same ignorant coin. One side blindly trusting stars. Another blindly trusting coaches. Thankfully, most people aren't at those extremes. Most people take a more nuanced approach, doing things like acknowledging there are far too many 3* recruits in this class, while recognizing some of those 3* recruits have great traits and may be undervalued by other staffs and the recruiting services.

Advertisement
Agreed. TVD needs to take the next step, lead, win games.
Ehh, I think he's probably the most overrated QB we've had in my lifetime as a fan. He has shown flashes. Alot of it was due to Lashlee & Rambo. Everyone is talking 8-9 wins but with him under center in my heart of hearts I just don't see it. I really don't think he's that great.

Highsmith is widely considered one of the NFL's top talent evaluators and was part of a front office that drafted Donald Driver, Aaron Rodgers, A.J. Hawk, Greg Jennings, Clay Matthews and B.J. Raji. The Packers won a Super Bowl in 2011. Highsmith got his start in Green Bay as a college scout in 1999 and spent the first 13 years of his time with the Packers mostly responsible for scouting the Southwest region.
None of the players mentioned played for schools in the region that Highsmith was responsible for scouting. While I'm not saying that he's not a good talent evaluator, I'm not sure how these guys getting drafted by the Packers support that claim

Added these two bullets from the Sixth Ring interview

• Didn't want to play for the Noles cause he knows Adkins is going to get a promotion and bounce (they were after him big time)
  • Also didn't want to play for the Noles because he doesn't want to play for a program that already has rebuilt. Wants to be part of a program that is rebuilding so he can be part of the rebuild process.
Smart kid. Good chance this will be Atkins final year in Tally and good for him to have the foresight now to see it.

Ehh, I think he's probably the most overrated QB we've had in my lifetime as a fan. He has shown flashes. Alot of it was due to Lashlee & Rambo. Everyone is talking 8-9 wins but with him under center in my heart of hearts I just don't see it. I really don't think he's that great.

I’m doing my best to be cautiously optimistic. We’ve seen him sling it around and get hot for a stretch, but that room is a disaster. Would be thrilled if he proves us wrong and has a money year.

Someone asked me a good question about who I would have looked at in the portal in December and I haven’t gotten around to looking back at the portal options to understand who I personally would have targeted and why. The question was posed when I was heading for family vacation and I haven’t done the work to be specific.

Point being, I would have looked in a different direction, but understand that may have been tough to do with a bad offensive rep and no OC…

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I think he is a guard and has good upside there.

Broussard - T
Plazz - G
Francavilla - C

That’s a solid OL class.

Advertisement
Back