3-Star Offensive Lineman Plazz Commits to Miami Hurricanes' 2024 Recruiting Class

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
The Miami Hurricanes secured their 16th commitment for their 2024 recruiting class on Friday afternoon in the form of Deryc Plazz, a three-star offensive lineman hailing from Andrew Jackson HS in Jacksonville.

Plazz, who is listed at 6-foot-5 and 289 pounds, is expected to play as a tackle at the collegiate level, bringing a combination of size, agility, and smarts that projects him as a nice project for OL coach Alex Mirabal to work with.

Plazz becomes the second offensive lineman to commit to the Miami Hurricanes’ 2024 recruiting class, joining Juan Minaya from New Jersey. The addition of Plazz to the Miami class comes after a recruitment period during which he visited several potential suitors. Alongside Miami, Plazz also made visits to North Carolina State and Penn State, two programs with recent success developing NFL-type linemen. He was actually committed to Penn State for a brief period as well.

According to the 247Sports composite rankings, Plazz is rated as the #79 offensive tackle in the nation and the #1017 player overall.

Advertisement
ezgif-3-337015f803.gif

ezgif-4-d115991d44.gif

ezgif-5-2d973d32e4.gif

Sarcastic Season 9 GIF by The Office

Advertisement
Imma just ask this:

I believe it’s in his thread that it was stated this kid has been underdeveloped in HS. I’m not sure what that means, so if anyone who’s familiar w/ him, his school, competition can enlighten the board how’s he been under developed, that would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisement
:stormwarningflag-sm: :stormwarningflag-sm: :stormwarningflag-sm: :stormwarningflag-sm:

WELCOME!!

Mario and Alex wanted him from jump. He has plus athleticism and flashed in his HUDL. Needs a couple years to bake IMO. If he can improve his footwork and technique, I could definitely see another diamond in the rough here like they found in Cooper and apparently McCoy and Kinsler). He's strong as an ox but most likely needs more conditioning, as sloppy feet are often a sign of not going full out every snap. Very common issue for HS OL even exceptional ones.

Advertisement
Imma just ask this:

I believe it’s in his thread that it was stated this kid has been underdeveloped in HS. I’m not sure what that means, so if anyone who’s familiar w/ him, his school, competition can enlighten the board how’s he been under developed, that would be greatly appreciated.
The Jacksonville people can shed light more light, but in speaking with a high school coaching source they said his prior school (Andrew Jackson) didn’t have the same kind of developmental infrastructure as his current school (Mandarin).

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back