3-Star Offensive Lineman Plazz Commits to Miami Hurricanes' 2024 Recruiting Class

View as article
Advertisement
The Jacksonville people can shed light more light, but in speaking with a high school coaching source they said his prior school (Andrew Jackson) didn’t have the same kind of developmental infrastructure as his current school (Mandarin).

Oh wow; so lemme just be clear in understanding, his first 3 yrs were at Jackson, & he transferred in to Mandarin this season, or did he transfer in his Jr year?

Oh wow; so lemme just be clear in understanding, his first 3 yrs were at Jackson, & he transferred in to Mandarin this season, or did he transfer in his Jr year?
Just transferred recently. Jackson does a good job with the resources they have but like a lot of public schools here, hard to find good coaches, especially O line guys.

Advertisement
I just feel based off the past 20 years we shouldn’t be banking on 3 🌟 projects at this moment as a program if we want to eventually reach the likes of Georgia & Alabama on a consistent bases.
The Star ***** in me agrees that this is an alarming number of 3* in a class. Granted some will rise for sure but yeah, this is definitely a bit different than last year lol.

The Jacksonville people can shed light more light, but in speaking with a high school coaching source they said his prior school (Andrew Jackson) didn’t have the same kind of developmental infrastructure as his current school (Mandarin).

Andrew Jackson High was the first high school in Duval County, opening in 1927. It is just north of downtown Jax, but with the growth of the city and all of the rivers creating natural boundaries, the enrollment is less than 1,000. Just not an area where a lot of families live, plus they have a small campus (football stadium is a mile up the road, though Jackson used to play in the Gaytor Bowl back in the day).

Mandarin High is on the south side of Jax, near I-95 and the 295 beltway. The enrollment is over 2,500 and it is much more of a local football powerhouse.

I would also like to point out that Mandarin's colors are orange and green...and he should be accustomed to playing home games off-campus...

EDIT: It looks like Andrew Jackson High is no longer a "normal" high school with an enrollment map, it is now strictly a magnet school. Probably not a lot of football players in the Cyber Security or Video Game Design academies...

1688750067808.png

Last edited:
Imma just ask this:

I believe it’s in his thread that it was stated this kid has been underdeveloped in HS. I’m not sure what that means, so if anyone who’s familiar w/ him, his school, competition can enlighten the board how’s he been under developed, that would be greatly appreciated
I can’t say I really know any details about him in particular. But I do live in Jax and Jackson is not a football power in any way. They are always one of the worst schools in the city in football.

Advertisement
I just feel based off the past 20 years we shouldn’t be banking on 3 🌟 projects at this moment as a program if we want to eventually reach the likes of Georgia & Alabama on a consistent bases.
I agree sort of. If you get the studs and they are balling on the field. Even jags have more freedom with talent like that around them. But we need that talent so I feel you.

Who was that coaches son from bama who was buns and he transfered to fsu? I know he looked good cause of the guys around him.

Advertisement
The stars thing should be a dead issue by now, especially with O Line. How many highly-rated guys have we gotten that didn't pan out? Even Seantrel, who is one of the highest-rated guys we've ever had at any position, didn't really reach his potential here. Instead, let's look at coaching and if you're looking for some assurance, look at the other two programs that recruited him hardest - Pedo and NC State - they have consistently put O linemen in the draft.

Derryc might be a 3 star but so what? Other top programs also wanted him, he's going to a proven O Line coach, will be surrounded and influenced by last year's monster O Line class and the veterans, and he's a big-time recruit despite playing in a bad HS program. We should be happy as **** he's coming here!

Imma just ask this:

I believe it’s in his thread that it was stated this kid has been underdeveloped in HS. I’m not sure what that means, so if anyone who’s familiar w/ him, his school, competition can enlighten the board how’s he been under developed, that would be greatly appreciated.
All I know is, when I first learned about this kid, I was surprised to see that Jackson had a prospect. Because they’ve ALWAYS sucked. I haven’t looked at his schedule, but competition is probably fine, but Jackson ain’t ****.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back