3-Star Offensive Lineman Plazz Commits to Miami Hurricanes' 2024 Recruiting Class

Advertisement
TVD was projected top 5. QB should not be an excuse.
Paxton Lynch was projected #1 overall. Those projections that far out are fun to discuss but nothing more.

My point was he had a ton of game reps, experience and was the hands down leader that an offense needs. TVD had 9 career starts coming into last year.....he added 9 more last year, roughly half of what Duggan had......and TVD has never really been labeled as a leader the way Duggan was. This is TVD's year to take that next step.

Paxton Lynch was projected #1 overall. Those projections that far out are fun to discuss but nothing more.

My point was he had a ton of game reps, experience and was the hands down leader that an offense needs. TVD had 9 career starts coming into last year.....he added 9 more last year, roughly half of what Duggan had......and TVD has never really been labeled as a leader the way Duggan was. This is TVD's year to take that next step.

Agreed. TVD needs to take the next step, lead, win games.

I’m so glad to know Mario’s 3 stars are different than mannys when we have absolutely zero tease that off of except hope.

I hope that’s correct but we won’t know for a few more years. Look if you or others think you can win championships with 3 star rosters then I want what you all are smoking.

There is zero and I mean zero teams who have won a championship in the last 15 years who had a lot of 3 stats. All these playoff teams and champions are built with 5 star and high 4 star rosters and that’s fact. But yeah let’s keep out working other teams for these diamond in the rough 3 stars.

Clemson's 2016 championship team is what we are trying to replicate. Here is their starting 22 with their recruit rankings.

Offense
QB Deshaun Watson JR - High 4*
RB Wayne Gallman JR - Low 4*
WR Mike Williams JR - 4*
WR Artavis Scott - High 4*
WR Hunter Renfrow SO - Unranked
TE Jordan Legget SR - 3*
T Mitch Hyatt SO - 5*
G Taylor Hearn SO- Low 3*
C Jay Guillermo SR- 3*
G Tyrone Crowder JR- High 4*
T Sean Pollard FR - 4*

Skill position reserves were all Blue chippers

Defense

DE Christian Wilkins SO - 5*
DT Carlos Watkins SR - High 4*
DT Dexter Lawrence FR 5*
DE Clelin Ferrel
FR - High 4*
SLB Dorian O'Daniel JR - High 4*
MLB Kendall Joseph
SO - High 3*
WLB Ben Boulware SR - 4*
CB Ryan Carter
JR - 2*
SS Jadar Johnson SR - Low 3*
FS Van Smith SO - Low 4*
CB Codrea Tankersley SR - 4* didn't qualify listed as 3* the next class

Clemson hit big with underclassmen 5 stars and had Watson and a stable of quaity wideouts which is what made this team go

We aren't building the same way but we aren't too far off from fielding a team with this amount of talent if the team plays better this season and the class closes strong as a result

Last edited:
Lol. Narduzzi and Sonny are great X’s and O’s coaches. Mario is not. What is, however - is a great recruiter. You said start somewhere? Starting somewhere was salvaging the 2022 class. Starting somewhere and building upon it was the 7th-ranked 2023 class and the 7th-ranked portal class.

Miss me with these lame *** excuses.

Then you get your *** out there and sell Miami as the school to go Too. You on here talking about excuses?

Ni**a drop your best recruiting pitch or stfu.. The recruiting season ain't even over with and you talking bout excuses like signing day just passed.

Miss me with the emotional cry baby battered fan BS.

Advertisement
Clemson's first championship is what we are trying to replicate. Here is their starting 22 with their recruit rankings.

Offense
QB Deshaun Watson JR - High 4*
RB Wayne Gallman JR - Low 4*
WR Mike Williams JR - 4*
WR Artavis Scott - High 4*
WR Hunter Renfrow SO - Unranked
TE Jordan Legget SR - 3*
T Mitch Hyatt SO - 5*
G Taylor Hearn SO- Low 3*
C Jay Guillermo SR- 3*
G Tyrone Crowder JR- High 4*
T Sean Pollard FR - 4*

Skill position reserves were all Blue chippers

Defense

DE Christian Wilkins SO - 5*
DT Carlos Watkins SR - High 4*
DT Dexter Lawrence FR 5*
DE Clelin Ferrel
FR - High 4*
SLB Dorian O'Daniel JR - High 4*
MLB Kendall Joseph
SO - High 3*
WLB Ben Boulware SR - 4*
CB Ryan Carter
JR - 2*
SS Jadar Johnson SR - Low 3*
FS Van Smith SO - Low 4*
CB Codrea Tankersley SR - 4* didn't qualify listed as 3* the next class

Clemson hit big with underclassmen 5 stars and had Watson and a stable of quaity wideouts which is what made this team go

We aren't building the same way but we aren't too far off from fielding a team with this amount of talent if the team plays better this season and the class closes strong as a result
Nah bro. Don't even entertain these weirdos who don't actually Eval and project.

They just look at stars and criticize and think it's being objective and fair 🙄

Then you get your *** out there and sell Miami as the school to go Too. You on here talking about excuses?

Ni**a drop your best recruiting pitch or stfu.. The recruiting season ain't even over with and you talking bout excuses like signing day just passed.

Miss me with the emotional cry baby battered fan BS.
Stay Mad GIF

Cmon bro, it’s not cool to egg on or make fun of retarded people. I for one won’t stand for it.
I lol’d, but seriously there’s extreme mopes, and then there’s whatever this dude is yelling that if you don’t like three stars or trust every eval, you’re a star ***** and stupid.

If at this moment on July 10th, you can’t genuinely say there’s a difference between whatever this class is right now, and what we had on July 10th last year

Antonio Tripp
Frankie Tinilau
Robby Washington
Bobby Washington
Jackson Carver
Emory Williams
Jaden Rashada
Robert Stafford
Riley Williams
Antoine Jackson
Francis Mauigoa
Robert Stafford
Ray Ray Joseph
Jayden Wayne

Like c’mon..if you can’t see the difference, you’re either ignoring the facts, or as I would say…on the spectrum. We also landed Popo on the 12th. Does that mean this class will suck? No…not yet. But there’s a glaring, resounding difference right now compared to ‘23. If you want to blame it all on the 2022 season, that’s your choice. Won’t fight it. But to me, there’s something bigger at hand.

Advertisement
I lol’d, but seriously there’s extreme mopes, and then there’s whatever this dude is yelling that if you don’t like three stars or trust every eval, you’re a star ***** and stupid.

If at this moment on July 10th, you can’t genuinely say there’s a difference between whatever this class is right now, and what we had on July 10th last year

Antonio Tripp
Frankie Tinilau
Robby Washington
Bobby Washington
Jackson Carver
Emory Williams
Jaden Rashada
Robert Stafford
Riley Williams
Antoine Jackson
Francis Mauigoa
Robert Stafford
Ray Ray Joseph
Jayden Wayne

Like c’mon..if you can’t see the difference, you’re either ignoring the facts, or as I would say…on the spectrum. We also landed Popo on the 12th. Does that mean this class will suck? No…not yet. But there’s a glaring, resounding difference right now compared to ‘23. If you want to blame it all on the 2022 season, that’s your choice. Won’t fight it. But to me, there’s something bigger at hand.
Yeah, no way around it, we are struggling at the moment. I actually like the Plazz pickup though. My issue right now is more about momentum and I’m not sure where we will find it. The class as it stands right now is mediocre. I’m not panicking until the end of this month but right now I just don’t know who will pick the good guys.

Yeah, no way around it, we are struggling at the moment. I actually like the Plazz pickup though. My issue right now is more about momentum and I’m not sure where we will find it. The class as it stands right now is mediocre. I’m not panicking until the end of this month but right now I just don’t know who will pick the good guys.
Jayden Jackson is pretty big to me. If we’re treating him like a priority, we can’t let him leave. At some point it needs to materialize into actual commitments and not talk. If you can’t couldn’t convince Artavius to shut it down early and now can’t convince a Samoan like Jackson to stay, instead head to Texas, then how in the f^cking world do you expect us to believe guys like Breland and Stone are going to come here?

This is also nearing my last straw regarding Big Joe’s ability to recruit, because last year’s results should have had him with one foot out the door to an off-field role. Zero DTs until the 11th hour when the position was begging for recruits. You can only rest your laurels on the Mauigoa commitment for so long.

Last edited:

Antonio Tripp
Frankie Tinilau
Robby Washington
Bobby Washington
Jackson Carver
Emory Williams
Jaden Rashada
Robert Stafford
Riley Williams
Antoine Jackson
Francis Mauigoa
Robert Stafford
Ray Ray Joseph
Jayden Wayne

No other way to put it, we need some juice on the trail and in a hurry. Some will say ESD isn't until December and all the other talking points that have been regurgitated but you're not going to sit there and tell me that teams like UF and A&M, after having years just as bad as we did record wise, are out there putting together big time classes and we can't. For one reason or the other, kids don't mind going to play for those programs who don't have the recruiting accumen that Mario does even when the circumstances, in terms of on field play are pretty similar. Is it money? Then go out and spend, we've been told we're all good on the NIL side of things so what gives? These rules only seem to apply to Miami while other schools are somehow immune to that. Do what you have to do to get the guys you want. Stack the chips and see where they fall.

No other way to put it, we need some juice on the trail and in a hurry. Some will say ESD isn't until December and all the other talking points that have been regurgitated but you're not going to sit there and tell me that teams like UF and A&M, after having years just as bad as we did record wise, are out there putting together big time classes and we can't. For one reason or the other, kids don't mind going to play for those programs who don't have the recruiting accumen that Mario does even when the circumstances, in terms of on field play are pretty similar. Is it money? Then go out and spend, we've been told we're all good on the NIL side of things so what gives? These rules only seem to apply to Miami while other schools are somehow immune to that. Do what you have to do to get the guys you want. Stack the chips and see where they fall.
Yup. This is the fireworks week or so we’ve been told (no shade at DMoney, he’s just relaying the info presented to him). So if we reach the halfway point/past the halfway point of July without anymore meaningful commits…the heat will be turned up full throttle. Then it’s all eggs into the ‘23 season and hope for some late ESD snags and flips. Without a good season, there’s none of that and we’re going to have a lot of gaps to address + an extremely impatient and angry fanbase.

Advertisement
I know nothing about high school classifications, so I assume the 3* ranking is because he's playing against bums? He's huge, athletic and looks to bury the people he blocks - as far as my ability to evaluate HS OLinemen that's about all I know to look for... he seems to fit the bill.
I know in high school they always say OL/DL are the hardest to predict bc those guys are generally much stronger/larger than their opposition.

Yall think a n*gga just a blind a$$ trust Mario type dude and I'm far from that. I'm skeptical and hard on all coaches. I just

I just believe in fair and honest skepticism that doesn't come with emotion and comparing to other teams and what they're doing.

Show me on tape and with a true prospect Eval why the 3 stars Mario and Zo sign off on spell doom and gloom in the recruiting department?

Explain to me, based on what you see on tape why these Evals won't hit. Then I will respect it and you have a leg to stand on.

Yall can Kee kee and crack lil lame ahh jokes n shiii thats cool but what you providing to the board besides school girl emotions cause the teenage boys you like didn't pick you.

Regardless of what yall think... these kids were alive and impressionable when Jimbo won a ship at FSU. He can walk into parents living rooms and sell that regardless of 5-7. None of our coaches can do that.

Who is actually beating Miami head to head that can't sell more recent success than Miami as a staff and a program?

Make this **** make sense to me bruh?

Advertisement
Plazz Sixth Ring Canes Show

• Decommited at 4PM, Cristobal turned the world upside down to setup the OV that weekend. Was on a plane at 7PM to Miami.
  • When he saw how important he was to Miami to setup the OV that weekend, that sealed the deal.
  • Some background on why he transferred to Mandarin. Wants to play with people that are better than him and get pushed/refine his game.
  • Nothing will be handed to him here, he knows he won't start initially and will have to work hard to get playing time.
  • Not interested in going to a school that tells him he can start as a FR.
  • Says he knows he's developmental. Considers himself an OL that can play tackle. Exactly what Mirabal wants to mold.
  • Didn't want to play for the Noles cause he knows Adkins is going to bounce
  • Also didn't want to play for the Noles because he doesn't want to play for a program that already has rebuilt. Wants to be part of a program that is rebuilding so he can be part of the rebuild process.

Last edited:
Explain to me, based on what you see on tape why these Evals won't hit. Then I will respect it and you have a leg to stand on.

Plazz has decent size, movement skills, flexibility. He looks like he could be an OT. But he is pretty raw. Even in his highlights, he gives up his chest too much. He manages to win because he's bigger and more athletics than the dudes across from him, but that won't be the case in the ACC. He's a take, I'd just rather he be the 3/4 OL, and not our current No.1.

Judd's footwork is subpar and his accuracy suffers from it. He doesn't look consistent throwing the ball. He also doesn't have much QB experience in a real offense. He needs a lot of work from the ground up. Size, raw traits, and surprising athleticism are really what they're projecting here. Would love him as QB2, but leaves much to be desired as QB1.

Russell lacks pop or explosion to play out on the edge. He's short for a SSDE or NT. Too small to NT, too slow to Edge. Good motor, smart, and had intangibles, though. I think that'll prevent him from being a net negative, but I don't see a quality P5 starter.

Minaya is a very slow-footed OL and hyper-raw. He's big, but I imagine they project him as a guard. Probably the take that makes the least sense to me. Hard to doubt these coaches at OL, though.

The other 3* I feel better about. Pruitt, CWH, and Shavers especially. Local guys seem to really like OJ. Mack a little less so. Thomas missed half his junior year, which explains his rank and offer list. But, Day's lack of offers is suspicious and makes me think something is missing. And all kickers are 3* or less, so I honestly don't count Murray. But the bigger problem is the numbers. Teams signing this many 3* recruits do not compete at the highest level in college football.

Now you explain to me, based on what you see on tape, why you believe these 3* recruits will hit better than the 4* and 5* recruits ranked ahead of them. Then you might have a leg to stand on.

Recruiting and NFL drafting are very similar. Both are a crap shoot that you look at a large amount of information (on different levels). Neither is close to science and you are happy if you hit above 60%.

Where Zo comes in and makes a tremendous impact-

Looking for red flags during face to face interactions, interviews and the small details. He has seen and spoken to literally thousands of high level college players. He will use the experience and try to use it on the high school level and find some of the traits that allowed those college athletes to reach a level of even getting NFL draft interviews.

If he can’t reduce the amount of wiffs and kids that don’t have the intangibles- especially among 3stars he is worth so much more than a great WR coach.

Going off numbers alone there are plenty of 3 stars that never play a college game and many that will make the NFL. Certainly Zo and Mario are not going to hit 70% but if we can improve our chances of hitting high percentage by reducing the kids with a poor mentality, lacking a certain trait or intangible than that is the goal.

I believe that Zo and to a much lesser extent Mario has this ability. And that is why I trust Zo and his evaluations. That is what experience brings when it comes to recruiting and in life. Knowing what to look out for and avoid makes life in general better and easier.

@No_Fly_Zone

1st, I want to thank you for a well put together response. It's legitimately, all I've asked for.

The snide remark at the end was unnecessary but it provided a lil Flava and I'm ok wit Dat.

I never said anything,remotely close too or, stupid as " Mario and Zo are so elite their 3 stars are 5 stars bro." Yall being real goofy bout this **** but I guess its all fun and games.

My point is. We stacked some good *** talent Mario first class, top ten class last year. Killin the portal, are we going to be relying on these guys next year or will we have enough depth for them to develop?

Why are we expecting so much based upon what other schools are doing when we don't even know what they telling these MF kids?

Yall laughing and making jokes but yall really the delusional 1s thinking we sppsed to just consistently recruit against teams who have had more recent success than us. Whether it be putting players in the NFL, MNCs, Conference Ships, even being able to say you beat a top 5 to 10 ranked team. Got a good bowl record, I could go on and on.

**** we can't say about ourselves or negatively recruit other schools in return.

I just think yall burnt tf out and are far too emotional about the ****. Let the **** play out.

Advertisement
Back