3-Star Offensive Lineman Plazz Commits to Miami Hurricanes' 2024 Recruiting Class

View as article
If we get a few 5 stars I'm okay with all this.
Zo has signed off on every one of these kids. I trust his ability to identify and evaluate. They are clearly pursuing certain traits regardless of star rating. Having desirable traits like measurables, athleticism and the ability to play several positions should increase the odds to develop into producing players.

Advertisement
You’re not stacking chips w/3 stars. Yes, a couple will move up from the current group of 12 committed 3 stars and hopefully a couple get dropped because we landed better players - blue chip ones that actually will result in stacking chips…
We are stacking chips with Zo and Mario's eye for talent but you keep focusing on those laughable recruiting sites that are corrupted and agenda driven..

Imagine questioning Mario's and Mirabel's ability to stack up chips at OL. I will take their word over Gaby's or Newberg's any day.

Advertisement
I just feel based off the past 20 years we shouldn’t be banking on 3 🌟 projects at this moment as a program if we want to eventually reach the likes of Georgia & Alabama on a consistent bases.
It's not ideal, but off the past 20 years, you don't have a choice but to take developmental or underrated prospects. Clearly, we're not at a point where we can just pick and choose. Hopefully the evals are good ones.

Plotting Super Mario GIF by GIPHY Gaming

In Mario & Mirabal we trust!!! Welcome home kid

on a serious note, measurables now matter(more than ever) at UM. No longer will this program be recruiting guys who are considered long-range development guys, or projects, not have at least a certain size, length and weight to their frames.

At the very least, they will look the part...

:stormwarningflag-sm: :stormwarningflag-sm: :stormwarningflag-sm: :stormwarningflag-sm:

WELCOME!!

Mario and Alex wanted him from jump. He has plus athleticism and flashed in his HUDL. Needs a couple years to bake IMO. If he can improve his footwork and technique, I could definitely see another diamond in the rough here like they found in Cooper and apparently McCoy and Kinsler). He's strong as an ox but most likely needs more conditioning, as sloppy feet are often a sign of not going full out every snap. Very common issue for HS OL even exceptional ones.

All I know is, when I first learned about this kid, I was surprised to see that Jackson had a prospect. Because they’ve ALWAYS sucked. I haven’t looked at his schedule, but competition is probably fine, but Jackson ain’t ****.

I think the last guy who came out of Jackson was Leon Washington (F$U). That was about 20 years ago.

Advertisement
I can’t say I really know any details about him in particular. But I do live in Jax and Jackson is not a football power in any way. They are always one of the worst schools in the city in football.
They were pretty good last 2 years then the head coach took the Oakleaf job (where Shaq played). Jackson was also good when Kevin Sullivan was coach in early 2000’s when they had dudes like Leon Washington. The head coach at Mandarin was OL coach too so he knows what he’s doing. Deryc is better off now at Mandarin for sure then if he’d stayed at Jackson

I'm going to bookmark this page, because it has serious Gaytor Tears potential...

If Deryc develops into a solid talent, let's never forget that the TWO Gaytor OL coaches failed to identify a kid who lives an hour from Gainesville...

...meanwhile, they are taking 0-star OLs from Germany who have dancing backgrounds...

on a serious note, measurables now matter(more than ever) at UM. No longer will this program be recruiting guys who are considered long-range development guys, or projects, not have at least a certain size, length and weight to their frames.

except for russell that one still has me thrown for a loop

Advertisement
I just feel based off the past 20 years we shouldn’t be banking on 3 🌟 projects at this moment as a program if we want to eventually reach the likes of Georgia & Alabama on a consistent bases.

I here you but we haven’t had an NFL type evaluation system in that time either. So maybe we can legitimately say it’s different this time. Also his offer sheet seems to corroborate that there is more there than his star rating suggests.

I here you but we haven’t had an NFL type evaluation system in that time either. So maybe we can legitimately say it’s different this time. Also his offer sheet seems to corroborate that there is more there than his star rating suggests.
Offers will tell you more about a kids talent than stars. Especially in the 4 and 3 star range.

We are stacking chips with Zo and Mario's eye for talent but you keep focusing on those laughable recruiting sites that are corrupted and agenda driven..

Imagine questioning Mario's and Mirabel's ability to stack up chips at OL. I will take their word over Gaby's or Newberg's any day.
Spot on, with ZO & Mario evaluations of these 3*, they will turn out to be better football players than some (a lot) of the 4* we brought in before. We will get our share of 4* & 5* some people just need to be patient with recruiting.

Advertisement

The team is beginning to look significantly different (looks the part); in addition, they are spending lots of time on Greentree (working) unlike previous regimes. The culture is starting to change but it isn't where it needs to be yet.

My fellow Canes brother, I don’t disagree that these recruiting sites are corrupt. Unfortunately it’s what fans have to go by. Plus, there’s a correlation with performance and blue chip ratio whether we want to accept or not.

I’ll go with the higher blue chip ratio…tired of being mediocre for 20 plus seasons now. Give me the proven data points.

Advertisement
Back